Bonneton - N4A Chat Thread, October 2017

Chrom

54 minutes ago, Kirbymeister2 said:

Found something at GameStop I thought I never would see in person

image.jpeg.ed903180762b49b88ea7b650977d8586.jpeg

So much nostalgia

Funnily enough I got into Digimon before Pokemon when it came to videogames heehee;

Awesome. I saw a copy of Digimon World 3 once in a used game store, but the copy wasn't in very good shape. :( 

*Me at Best Buy*

Me: So I pre-ordered a game here *hands over the receipt*

Clerk: Ok... *gets it*.... So let me see your ID.

Me: Ok... *hands it over*

Clerk: Oh.... so the person that you used the discount thing for games has to get it.

Me: But I used my money to pay for it.

Clerk: But your friend has to get it

Me: Was he physically here to pay for it?

Clerk: No. But your friend gave you the discount....

-----

Me: Heyyyyy so you're doing anything?

Friend: hamnap;

Me: hamcry;

Tl;dr: Never pre-order a game with a friend's Best Buy account.

Edited by Kirbymeister2

I've been replaying the Kingdom Hearts series on PS4 over the 2 months, and I'm currently going through Chain of Memories. CoM really encapsulates mid-00's game design in where the designers made sure the game would satisfy the 40-hour game time quota. You don't just get experience points, you have to run around like an idiot to collect experience point orbs. You can't just run through a world, you need to interact with every object in hopes you'll get something valuable. 97% of your time will be fighting random battles. Atleast the original had the novelty of it being Kingdom Hearts on your GBA.

Digimon is a spin-off of Tamogotchi. In either case, doesn't matter, battling monster had been around a long time before either Pokemon or Digimon.

In other news, finished my latest challenge. Make a live dex using only one version (Pokemon Yellow), completed it just a couple hours ago. Not sure if I want to transfer it over to Sun and Moon though.

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

I'm rather anxious because of exams tomorrow and Friday, of which the latter I'm afraid of failing. Yay?

Same here man 😢 one exam tomorrow and the other next Wednesday. Also in the same boat of not really knowing how the latter is going to go... 

Plus just general other life stuff going on isn't helping, when it rains it pours I suppose haha.

I can feel that exam anxiety as well. I just took a bunch and there’s one I’m really afraid of getting the score back on. I have another due on Monday that’s 4 separate essays. Pile an 8-page essay due tomorrow and the fact my computer just died and you have my current situation 

1 hour ago, ace said:

I can feel that exam anxiety as well. I just took a bunch and there’s one I’m really afraid of getting the score back on. I have another due on Monday that’s 4 separate essays. Pile an 8-page essay due tomorrow and the fact my computer just died and you have my current situation 

That period of limbo in between is almost as bad as the anticipation of taking the exam itself. At that point it you feel bad about the test all you can do is wait, that's never fun. Oof, that sounds like a ton. As a stem major just thinking about that many essays makes me shiver, lmao.

Back in community college, even though it never happened, I always knew if I did end up failing a class, it wasn't the end of the world because I could just retake it. Now that I've transferred, I trust myself to continue doing well, but that fear of failure is just so much more real due to the fact that it will add so much more time and money to completing my degree. Ugh..

What kind of laptops are you looking at? Another MacBook?

4 hours ago, Kirbymeister2 said:

Tl;dr: Never pre-order a game with a friend's Best Buy account.

You have to specify when ordering if someone else is picking it up, otherwise, the person who owns the account has to pick it up.

1 hour ago, fuzz said:

That period of limbo in between is almost as bad as the anticipation of taking the exam itself. At that point it you feel bad about the test all you can do is wait, that's never fun. Oof, that sounds like a ton. As a stem major just thinking about that many essays makes me shiver, lmao.

Back in community college, even though it never happened, I always knew if I did end up failing a class, it wasn't the end of the world because I could just retake it. Now that I've transferred, I trust myself to continue doing well, but that fear of failure is just so much more real due to the fact that it will add so much more time and money to completing my degree. Ugh..

What kind of laptops are you looking at? Another MacBook?

I’m paying $12,000 a year out of pocket so I’m terrified of doing poorly. 

Im also not considering a new MacBook. I don’t like the direction Apple went with them, the keyboards are awful, the lack of ports is awful, and I’m not paying $3,300 for out of date specs. I’ve been looking at Dell’s XPS line and some ASUS machines as well. 

On one hand, I lost my wallet, and now have to go through the process of replacing my debit card, photo ID, GameStop Power Up Rewards card, social security card, and Safeway club card.

But on the other hand, my Tiki amiibo just arrived in the mail:

8E56EE5E-2D7D-435A-929A-C379CB18B45B.thumb.jpeg.2505e92a01a36aaabd3772a30a53b8e5.jpeg

So overall, today’s been a good day.

13 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

@Chrom Is Secret Santa going to be on this year?

Yeah, I don't see why not! Thanks for mentioning it. I've been looking forward to it as much as anyone else and it's been on my mind to start it up soon.

I'll try to set aside whatever time I have this weekend to organize it and formally announce the details, but in the meantime you can look forward to another yearly Secret Santa event here on Ninfora.