Bonneton - N4A Chat Thread, October 2017

Chrom

I just realised my present laptop is about four years old now. Maybe a tad more.

She's doing okay. She was dropped or knocked around during a move or something, because at some point, the spring/button for the touch pad ceased to work as well as it should (it would "stick"), one of her USB ports lost two of its pins, the digitiser began to hang out of the chassis at one corner, the flap for the ethernet port fell off, and the chassis itself had quite a dent at one of the other corners. Making matters worse, my friend and I opened her up, intending to fix all of these issues, but accidentally broke off the connector for the touch pad's ribbon.

It was a rough series of operations, but we managed to remedy all of that. I bought some 5-millimetre, double-sided tape for the screen, as well as a replacement touch pad, USB board, and mother board. She's just like new, now--and it all cost me a lot less than buying a new laptop.

I expect she'll last quite a while, now. :3

My computer has passed into the great beyond. A trip to the Apple Store confirmed it. I can pull the files from it but its a brick otherwise. Rest In Peace and thanks for almost 7 years of faithful service. 

Edited by ace
34 minutes ago, The Moon said:

what is happening to gaf 

Twitter threads are too annoying to read and im lazy

The site owner is a sexually harassing pig so the entire moderating staff up and left after the latest allegations against him. 

2 hours ago, ace said:

The site owner is a sexually harassing pig so the entire moderating staff up and left after the latest allegations against him. 

LMAO given the shit about amirox and all those allegations in the gaming industry and how GAF wanted to be a bastion against that, that's some serious fucking irony. y;

On 10/21/2017 at 11:16 AM, Shiva said:

@fuzzentering a modern open tournament in a few weeks with a brand new deck, lol.

NOTHING WILL GO WRONG OKAY

Lol that's awesome dude! I still don't even know what your deck is 😂

First tournament in a format is always stressful, but getting reps in online helps so much

Just tried mapping my OneDrive as a network drive (\\d.docs.live.net\xxxxxxxxxxxxx) and then used my media player to pull and stream lossless music from it.

The cool thing is that it works and that the stream goes without any hiccups, but playback initiation takes a minute, all but eliminating gapless transitions.

Perhaps I need gigabit speeds for something like this?

@Kodiack

On 2017-10-21 at 4:10 AM, Schmengland said:

I was once crucified here for not liking macaroni & cheese much.

What kind of cheese is typical in the dish? The answer might go to explaining it.

Tough question. An old sharp cheddar is pretty standard. Going for a nice blend with a few other types is always good. 

Also, a big factor is bake vs no-bake.