Bonneton - N4A Chat Thread, October 2017

Chrom

On 10/6/2017 at 8:02 AM, EH_STEVE said:

It was the sad-look-at-flower pose. Which I then turned around and gave it to the MC.

Then I did my best shuffle-walk to look like a Deku to center stage where for pose 2 I did the hands-on-head headshake Link does when he's first turned into a Deku. 

Shuffle to the last point, then did a couple "looking over my shoulder" checks before pulling out the parasols for the finish.

I did a shit ton of pictures over the weekend for it (I only wore it Friday and Sunday) and a lot of people loved that I picked a Link that's so rarely done in cosplay. Took about 2 months and around $400 (it was my first build, mistakes were made, lots of learning involved), but it was so worth it.

THAT'S PASSION

And yeah, creative af. The only version of Link I'd be less likely to see is Goron Link lol. And Deku Link is a sentimental favorite of mine, so I'm stoked to see you create that cosplay. Are you gonna bring it to more cons?

36 minutes ago, Weaver said:

THAT'S PASSION

And yeah, creative af. The only version of Link I'd be less likely to see is Goron Link lol. And Deku Link is a sentimental favorite of mine, so I'm stoked to see you create that cosplay. Are you gonna bring it to more cons?

It may already be retired. I did a Part VII Jason Voorhees as well and given that there's a Friday the 13th this year, that'll be my Halloween costume. 

That being said, Skull Kid is my next build for next years con and I'll be remaking the pants and shirt (a. it'll be better material and quality since I have more experience; b. I'm technically not supposed to reuse cosplay pieces for subsequent entries) so I might do a half day at next years con as Deku. 

Also there are local charity events that cosplayers participate in so there's also that possibility. 

Can't find black steel-toed boots anywhere in town, shit sucks.

Also realized today that I need some wedding clothes/shoes. Saw some nice dress shoes and pants at Goodwill earlier today before I realized I needed them. I might go back tomorrow for them. That being said DSW had some nice ones on clearance. y;

15 minutes ago, LimeCatMaster said:

are you asking this having never eaten any of them? because i feel like the only way you can ask that is if you never ate any of them

I've eaten all three of them.

I just don't know what's different about how they're made.

Like, are they made from different parts of the pig or what?

5 hours ago, InXplotch said:

Dustforce is a good game that I always like to relax with.

Only have played for about 30 mins or so a while back, but man you're right that game is so chill and relaxing. It's one I really wanna take the time to get good at!

5 hours ago, ace said:

Hotline Miami all the way. I absolutely love that game and have played through it many times. Not to mention it has an absolutely amazing soundtrack. 

Only have heard the soundtrack in snippets, checked out some more and damn I'm a fan

Plus you win with the most recommendations across sites, so hotline miami it is!

@Shiva To my surprise, I just went undefeated in a draft with just the most janky deck I think I've had in a while lol. The draft started out as pirates, then merfolk, then vampires, and then in pack 3 I took every flier I saw and ended up with this janky u/b fliers deck with 2 copies of favorable winds, a ton of flying creatures, and ways to give them flying. Favorable winds is a hell of a card when it reliably pumps the entire board! I only wish I took a screenshot lol, I fully expected to crash and burn.

1 hour ago, fuzz said:

@Shiva To my surprise, I just went undefeated in a draft with just the most janky deck I think I've had in a while lol. The draft started out as pirates, then merfolk, then vampires, and then in pack 3 I took every flier I saw and ended up with this janky u/b fliers deck with 2 copies of favorable winds, a ton of flying creatures, and ways to give them flying. Favorable winds is a hell of a card when it reliably pumps the entire board! I only wish I took a screenshot lol, I fully expected to crash and burn.

oh god that is hilarious

were the two colours just wide open or something??

21 minutes ago, Shiva said:

oh god that is hilarious

were the two colours just wide open or something??

Honestly, I think so but not in the correct archetypes! At first blue black pirates seemed open, so I drifted towards that, snagged a couple air elementals became hey, 5 mana 4/4 flier is great, and then proceeded to see lots of good merfolk, and started taking those. Then I get passed the legendary white vampire and start taking some black vampires, but that dried up as well. Honestly no tribal archetype ever seemed open but I kept getting decent fliers and stuff like cobbled wings and favorable winds, so it went so much better than expected haha