Bonneton - N4A Chat Thread, October 2017

Chrom

as long as rez is in the game at any meaningful capacity in the game, mercy's never going to be balanced because she completely nullifies getting picks because her absurd healing and winning trades/first bloods outrides any utility that zenny, ana, or lucio can bring to a comp, and when ana and lucio had their sustain and self-healing nerfed, they buffed mercy's so you have this insanely mobile healer that if you don't lock her down and kill her immediately she'll regen back to full in less than 10 seconds after being on the brink of death, so if you fail to punish killing her you'll likely lose the trade and if you focus somebody else she'll just nullify your pick and rez them back to full

if the opposing team has mercy you have to run her or lose, at least when ana and lucio were strong, zenny and mercy were still good and worth considering, when mercy's strong she's objectively better than every healer in the game

13 minutes ago, Anselma said:

totally

like when there was the 3 tank meta and lucio/ana or mercy/lucio were on every single team

I remember triple tank. I remember when people actually wanted to be tank instead of me having to choose between that and healer every single round. 

the problem with overwatch right now is that it's a young game, which means two things

-inexperience balancing the game properly

-lack of a foundational bedrock for the game's balance

when a single hero or two is unbalanced, the pool of characters is still small enough that it'll drastically affect the balance of the game as a whole, a healthy baseline of "well this will always be viable/good" in the game's meta hasn't been as heavily established as other games with complex balance issues

unlike league of legends where no matter how much i bitch about caitlyn being a poorly balanced dumpster fire of a champion, her presence alone isn't enough to render the entire ADC pool completely unviable, just lucian and vayne theydonothing;

5 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Thanks! It was something only my fiancee and the judges had seen. Throughout the con I only opened my parasols maybe 2 or 3 times and they were never loaded with petals. So before the contest I loaded them to shower the crowd with for my final pose (as shown) and the crowd went crazy. It was fantastic.

Dude I lost my shit just watching the video I can only imagine what it must have been like live in person. The cosplay / Zelda community is blessed only have you.

4 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

There's no evidence in the text that the Monster Mash takes place on Halloween. It's just a fun party for monsters that could be in April for all we know.

The evidence of it being a graveyard smash is insurmountable. 

11 hours ago, Weaver said:

Dude I lost my shit just watching the video I can only imagine what it must have been like live in person. The cosplay / Zelda community is blessed only have you.

It was the sad-look-at-flower pose. Which I then turned around and gave it to the MC.

Then I did my best shuffle-walk to look like a Deku to center stage where for pose 2 I did the hands-on-head headshake Link does when he's first turned into a Deku. 

Shuffle to the last point, then did a couple "looking over my shoulder" checks before pulling out the parasols for the finish.

I did a shit ton of pictures over the weekend for it (I only wore it Friday and Sunday) and a lot of people loved that I picked a Link that's so rarely done in cosplay. Took about 2 months and around $400 (it was my first build, mistakes were made, lots of learning involved), but it was so worth it.