Bonneton - N4A Chat Thread, October 2017

Chrom

I went to pass a slow driver on the way home from work tonight and it made them very very angry. I don’t think I’ll ever understand the people that punch it when someone is in the other lane next to them. You’re just being a dangerous asshole. 

5 hours ago, Shiva said:

@fuzzI tried drafting Dinosaurs and Vampires together. Turns out that doesn't work at all and turns your deck into an incoherent mess, who knew? :P

Haha at least they have some overlap in white (that's what my prerelease pool looked like), but yeah mine went about as well as you said when I did it haha. Tbh I think vampires is the only tribe that really, really needs the key vampires matter cards to really go off, some of the cards among the other tribes seem relatively fine on their own. In the few drafts I've done I've tried to focus on a specific archetype, but haven't really seen the tribal stuff come together fully yet. But, maybe that just means I need to draft better haha.

Did you play in the prerelease?

Lil school rant - 

Spoiler

My MATLAB professor is easily the most infuriating and most difficult to work with instructor I've ever had in my college career. I won't get into her disorganized lectures, her complete lack of communication via email, and all of the other issues, but today me and my groupmates were accused of cheating and that is absolutely unacceptable. We submitted an online programming homework assignment, and in the grade she put in red "This was a copy of a previous semester's question" and marked it down.

Not only did I ASK HER IN LAB the week prior, the day it was assigned, if what I had was what she was looking for, but the way that I had written the script was the correct and more intuitive way of solving the problem. The way she had asked the class to write it this semester was just confusing and incomplete by design - so I assumed by going the extra mile and being more thorough I would get full credit, and in no way be marked down. I was wrong. Instead of thinking huh, maybe this kid and his group mates who get 100% on everything and participate in class just thought of a better solution to what I was asking, she took that as meaning I had cheated and stolen the answer. I work so hard in this class and I am absolutely fuming, I'm going to have some words with her tomorrow during office hours. It's one thing to mark me down because I went and did more than you asked me to - sure I didn't do exactly what was asked. But do not call me a cheater when I work so hard in this class to do well.

56 minutes ago, K said:

How so?

So far, I've been super good at keeping in touch with them due to all the stuff we have to collaboratively work on. Went out of town last week for an escape game training thing and didn't tell any of them. Missed two days of classes and I have massive rope burns on my wrists from the training, and I have a pretty huge gash on my cheek from a closet shelf collapsing on me when I was digging around for an old file a friend needed. One girl apparently was joking around that I had been kidnapped, and when I came in looking like that yesterday, she and a few others actually believed it for a few minutes.