Bonneton - N4A Chat Thread, October 2017

Chrom

• Chrom pinned this topic

Someone who left class early last week just messaged me 4 hours before this week's class asking me what our homework is and how we're supposed to do it. Like fuck off? It's been a whole week and you wait until the absolute last second to figure this out? Maybe email the professor and not me? 

3 hours ago, ace said:

Someone who left class early last week just messaged me 4 hours before this week's class asking me what our homework is and how we're supposed to do it. Like fuck off? It's been a whole week and you wait until the absolute last second to figure this out? Maybe email the professor and not me? 

Perhaps emailing the professor is kind of intimidating?

1 hour ago, Sir Grim Locksmith VIII said:

Perhaps emailing the professor is kind of intimidating?

1) emailing the professor shouldn’t be intimidating 

2) they waited an entire fucking week to contact anyone. 

I was polite lite and told them what to do but class was cancelled tonight so it didn’t matter anyways ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

7 hours ago, ace said:

Man this shit gets me fuming. There's a dude in my MATLAB class and another engineering class, and he texts me like 30 mins before our machinery design class today asking if I ever got the problems for the hw. Like yeah dude, I got them, I completed that shit this weekend because it's due in 30 minutes! And in programming he asked me to "just send him the code, I don't get this hw" last week, like bruh how about nah, you're not learning anything like that and since you don't actually know anything you'll just copy and paste my code and get us both flagged for plagiarism. Honestly sometimes I'll just be that guy and say no if they keep asking. He later went to the computer lab with me to try and work on the MATLAB hw and actually understand, but some people just want that grade and I'll just deny it because I have to work hard to understand this stuff.

/end rant 

14 minutes ago, fuzz said:

Man this shit gets me fuming. There's a dude in my MATLAB class and another engineering class, and he texts me like 30 mins before our machinery design class today asking if I ever got the problems for the hw. Like yeah dude, I got them, I completed that shit this weekend because it's due in 30 minutes! And in programming he asked me to "just send him the code, I don't get this hw" last week, like bruh how about nah, you're not learning anything like that and since you don't actually know anything you'll just copy and paste my code and get us both flagged for plagiarism. Honestly sometimes I'll just be that guy and say no if they keep asking. He later went to the computer lab with me to try and work on the MATLAB hw and actually understand, but some people just want that grade and I'll just deny it because I have to work hard to understand this stuff.

/end rant 

I know how it feels, and to be honest at this point I’ve become that guy. If you’re enrolled in 300/400 level major-focused classes you should be doing your own damn work. Not to mention I’m overworked and exhausted as it is. I’ll be damned if I do all my work and then just give it away. 

38 minutes ago, ace said:

I know how it feels, and to be honest at this point I’ve become that guy. If you’re enrolled in 300/400 level major-focused classes you should be doing your own damn work. Not to mention I’m overworked and exhausted as it is. I’ll be damned if I do all my work and then just give it away. 

Absolutely. We're at that point in college where the stuff you're learning is really, really important for your major - and they're just doing themselves a disservice by trying to just skate by on the work of others.