If you were to round up to 30 the game roster for the SNES Mini what would you add?

If I am not mistaken that allows for 9 more games to make that jump to 30 (like the NES Mini).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System_games

MY LIST in no particular order

1) ActRaiser

The platforming action along with the town building simulation aspect make so unique that it should make the cut.

* Now I have ActRaiser 2 in physical form and without the town building it doesn't even feel like the same game... I could live without 2 being considered.

2) Super Mario All Stars

Maybe its cheating, maybe not, but I think the SNES graphically enhanced versions of the original NES SMB games is SNES MUST.

3) Tetris Dr. Mario

The ability to have Tetris and Dr. Mario on the same cart as fully immersive single and multiplayer games as well as the cross game multiplayer mode to me make it a no-brainer for any puzzle game fanatic.

4) & 5)  Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3

If you have the first one....   how are these two not there?

6) Stunt Race FX

I really liked the weather FX in this game and I also liked it was kind of like the land based answer to the aerial Star Fox.

7) Pilotwings

Honestly, kind of surprised it isn't on there.

8) Yoshi's Cookie

SNES version was the superior  version between the NES and SNES versions and it also allowed for multiplayer.

*I could also be game for another puzzle game aside from this particular one, but Tetris Dr. Mario stays

9) Battletoads & Double Dragon

IDK, something different.... good brawler....

OR

9) Legend of the Mystical Ninja

I liked it, and it would be something different in the collection

Edited by purple_beard

Chrono Trigger - That fact this isn't in the actual package is criminal. 

Super Mario All-Stars - Would have thought this would have been a shoe-in, but maybe not since the NES Classic included all three of the original games. Still, with the added Lost Levels, it's four games in one.

MegaMan X2 - X2 and X3 are accused of not doing enough to differentiate themselves from the immaculate X1. But hey, the formula was still fresh, and the new Mode 7 capabilities made for some novel settings and boss fights. 

MegaMan X3 - Might as well round out the trilogy. I think X3 gets overlooked when talking about the high points of the series. Everyone talks about the ability to play as Zero, but X3 adds so much more than that. Multiple armor sets, three different sets of ride armor, expansive levels full of secrets to uncover, and some of the most kickin' tunes on the SNES. 

Donkey Kong Country 2 - It's the fan favorite of the trilogy for a reason, I feel. A more convenient save system than the first game and the fact that Dixie is better than Donkey make KDC2 stand out from the first entry. Also, it doesn't have Winky. Winky sucks. 

Donkey Kong Country 3 - I've never had the chance to play it, but it's hard to conceive of not putting it here. And hey, might as well, right? 

Zombies Ate my Neighbors - I've always wanted to play this one, and I've never had the chance. Now it's fairly rare, so it'd be a great one for the list. I hear it's a blast to play with a friend. 

And a space shooter. Gradius III or R-Type III: The Third Lightning would be great choices, especially considering how expensive the latter is. 

I would also hope for an official translation of Geneology of the Holy War - Probably a stretch, but I can dream. :P 

Edited by Laclipsey

1.  Donkey Kong Country 2
2.  Pilotwings
3.  Chrono Trigger
4.  A Dragon Quest game (I know nothing about Dragon Quest or which game would be preferred)

5.  SimCity

6.  Donkey Kong Country 3

I would consider adding Stunt Race FX, but I have no idea if it's any good.
Super Mario All-Stars would be nice, but that would never happen.
Any of the SNES Fire Emblem games or Super Famicom Wars being translated would be nice, but that would never happen.
I would unironically suggest Mario Paint, but they would need a mouse accessory which would never happen.

More stuff that I would like to see translated but wouldn't be: Panel de Pon and Famicom Detective Club Part II.

If I'm pulling from my never-going-to-happen ideas, I guess:
7.  Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War (Mystery of the Emblem also acceptable)
8.  Panel de Pon (because screw Tetris Attack for taking away the magical girls)
9.  Famicom Detective Club Part II changing to Harvest Moon

Edited by Cryptic

@ a SHUMP --agreed... Axelay?  I do think the system  could have used at least one in the line up.

@ MMX 2 & 3  I had thought of that too but ...

@ ZAMN  --that could have been cool too actually

@ Mario Paint  It would have been cool, but the mouse accessory and some of its limits probably pushed it on the out for me.

Chrono Trigger is the most egregious absence. I'm glad FFIII is in but how in the world did CT not make the cut?

I'd put in FFII as well to complete the classic SNES RPG line-up. Little more understandable than CT's absence (if I had to choose between FFII and FFIII, I'd go with FFIII) but still one of the best SNES titles.

Donkey Kong Country 2 ought to be in as well. Even if I could only include one I'd choose DKC2 over the first game.

Those are the main ones I'd want added. After that I'd probably put in some other games I remember fondly from childhood but aren't necessarily "classic" titles.

- Tetris Attack

- Uniracers

- NBA Jam

- Spider-man & Venom: Maximum Carnage

- SimCity

- Battletoads & Double Dragon

And this isn't an addition but I'd swap Street Fighter II Turbo for Super SFII: The New Challengers. I don't get why Turbo got in over the expanded roster.

Genuinely Baffled these classics and icons weren't Included:

• Pilot Wings
  • SimCity
  • Donkey Kong Country 2
  • Chrono Trigger

Completely Selfish Inclusions:

• Mega Man X2  (In my opinion, this is the best Mega Man game, period. Top 5 game for me, easy)
  • Mega Man 7    (An amazing  Mega Man game, super underrated.)
  • Tetris Attack   (Panel De Pon is the best damn puzzle series ever made, this especially stings since Japan's Mini got it.)
  • Killer Instict    (Great fighting game, amazing soundtrack, arguably better than Street Fighter 2. But Rare, so....)
  • E.V.O.                (I loved this game as a Kid, great obscure title. And now the cart goes for over 90 bucks. Not present on the eShop or VC)

No need to mention Chrono Trigger again, was waiting for someone to mention E.V.O cause I have played that game so much on emulator. Would have been great to see Dragon Quest but none of the titles for SNES made it out of Japan. Breath of Fire 1 and 2 should have been included(if not both then BoF2). Illusion of Gaia and Lagoon are two games I recall though don't know if they would be popular enough. Agree w/ those that said Actraiser and Terranigma is one I see not mentioned.

Some odd choices for me, simply because I'd want more bang for my buck in terms of it including more games I don't already own.

Aero the Acrobat 2
Chrono Trigger
Final Fight 3
Sparkster
Stunt Race FX
Mega Man  Soccer

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

Turtles IV
Zombies Ate My Neighbors

On 9/30/2017 at 3:10 PM, Marxforever said:

Genuinely Baffled these classics and icons weren't Included:

• Pilot Wings
  • SimCity
  • Donkey Kong Country 2
  • Chrono Trigger

Agreed. Out of all of those I feel like Pilotwings was a shoo-in. It had just as much chance as F-ZERO.

Besides those, I'd add Turtles in Time (not sure how many hoops they'd have to go through with Nickelodeon "Viacom" owning the rights to TMNT), Kirby's Dream Land 3, and Tetris Attack. Though, we'll probably never see Tetris Attack officially re-released, do to the whole Teirtis name and it being nothing like Tetris. I really wish Nintendo would just go in and change the name to Puzzle Attack, Yoshi's Puzzle League, Yoshi's Puzzle Challenge, or something. I feel like the SNES Calssic should really have a puzzle game, and it sux that JPN gets Panel de Pon, while we can't get Tetris Attack. :( 

Edited by alienboyva
On 9/30/2017 at 6:06 PM, DivineTrinity said:

Kirby's Dream Land 3

Chrono Trigger

Harvest Moon

Final Fantasy IV
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time
Earthworm Jim
Aladdin
Illusion of Gaia
Breath of Fire II

I am changing my list to include Harvest Moon.  Forgot about that, somehow.

Speaking of, are the old Harvest Moon games in some weird limbo with regard to who owns them, or...nah?  I don't play the series, but I'm aware that the company who actually developed the original games aren't allowed to use the name "Harvest Moon" and have thus renamed the series "Story of Seasons", and the company that owns the rights to the name "Harvest Moon" now have their own series that uses the name.  Are the older games from before that event still able to be sold, or are they in legal hell?

Edited by Cryptic

My list would pretty much mirror most everyone else's here as I too would add in Actraiser, FFIV, Chrono Trigger and the remainder of the DKC Trilogy as well.  If licensed games could be in the mix, heck yeah throw in some Turtles in Time and I think Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow would be a nice addition too.  Also how did Final Fight get no representation whatsoever?