Fire Emblem Warriors Season Pass/DLC Packs announced

Fire Emblem Warriors, launching for the Nintendo Switch and New Nintendo 3DS family of systems on Oct. 20, is a game overflowing with action-packed content. But fans who want to expand their adventure can do so with a host of paid DLC options that begin launching this year. All DLC can be purchased separately for both Nintendo Switch and New Nintendo 3DS systems.

Season Pass (Oct. 20, $19.99): The Fire Emblem Warriors Season Pass includes all three DLC packs, which become available as they release. Each DLC pack is filled with new playable characters and weapons. By purchasing the Season Pass for either the Nintendo Switch or New Nintendo 3DS version, players will receive a bridal costume for Lucina.
DLC Pack #1 (Dec 2017, $8.99): The content in this pack is inspired by Fire Emblem Fates.
DLC Pack #2 (Feb 2018, $8.99): Many of the characters and items in this DLC pack hail from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon.
DLC Pack #3 (March 2018, $8.99): Fans of Fire Emblem Awakening will love this DLC, as much of the content is themed after the classic game.
More details about each DLC pack will be revealed in the future.

The Fire Emblem Warriors game is compatible with the new Chrom and Tiki amiibo figures, which both launch on Oct. 20. These, along with other compatible Fire Emblem amiibo figures including Marth, Ike, Robin and Lucina, grant players weapons or materials when tapped. Up to five different compatible amiibo figures can be tapped per day.

Fire Emblem Warriors launches for Nintendo Switch, as well as New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL and New Nintendo 2DS XL systems on Oct. 20. A special-edition bundle of the game will launch exclusively for the Nintendo Switch system on the same day at a suggested retail price of $79.99. The special edition includes the game, premium character card set with slip case, a double-sided poster and a three-CD music set.

img_pack_img.jpg

EDIT: Old info has been removed in favor of the NoA version.

Edited by Juanblue85

My biggest gripe is their continued focus on Fates, Shadow Dragon, and Awakening instead of allowing wider representation from the other games in the series. Could very well be a hard pass from me if no surprises from any other games are tossed in. Really depends on who they add though.

Hyrule Warriors managed to be great when it came to fanservice across the whole series, but it took like two years for it to get there, even getting a whole other release to support all that new content.

A key difference between the Legend of Zelda series and Fire Emblem is that the latter has a much greater emphasis on characters. There's a magnitude of more popular characters in greater numbers who are all heavily requested to be in a crossover title like FE Warriors. And despite not really going outside the trio of focused titles, there are almost 30 known playable characters in the game and they're all among the biggest, most relevant names in the series, which is a testament to just how different the two series are from each other. You can also see this with FE Heroes or FE Cipher, both of which explicitly aim to encompass the whole series but even at this point in time still aren't at there yet.

Looking at this this way, I think FE Warriors is likely going to continue that trend and be another thing for the long term by being an actual series unlike Hyrule Warriors, and given the current gaps in the focused trio's roster (Azura is already all but confirmed to be a DLC character), I think it makes sense for them to begin expanding the game there and not make a huge shift towards other titles just yet. I do believe there will probably be more DLC after what's been announced, if not just a Fire Emblem Warriors 2 and continuing to provide an even more wholesome experience.

I emphasize with the disappointment and would advise against getting one's hopes up about the DLC remedying that, but I'm also thinking FE Warriors is unlikely to be a one-off and can still realize its full potential with the IP,  just not in an ideally prompt manner due to logistics. Here's hoping.

In any case, looking at what is in FE Warriors as opposed to what isn't, I'm really liking what they've been doing with the game and am looking forward to its release next month and whatever else they have in store for it over the next year. It seems like they've managed to achieve their goal of effectively mixing the style of Fire Emblem with the Warriors series, which I'm excited to experience. It looks pretty awesome to me as it stands.

40 minutes ago, Chrom said:

And despite not really going outside the trio of focused titles, there are almost 30 known playable characters in the game and they're all among the biggest, most relevant names in the series, which is a testament to just how different the two series are from each other.

Looking at this this way, I think FE Warriors is likely going to continue that trend and be another thing for the long term by being an actual series unlike Hyrule Warriors, and given the current gaps in the focused trio's roster (Azura is already all but confirmed to be a DLC character), I think it makes sense for them to begin expanding the game there and not make a huge shift towards other titles just yet. I do believe there will probably be more DLC after what's been announced, if not just a Fire Emblem Warriors 2 and continuing to provide an even more wholesome experience.

I emphasize with the disappointment and would advise against getting one's hopes up about the DLC remedying that, but I'm also thinking FE Warriors is unlikely to be a one-off and can still realize its full potential with the IP,  just not in an ideally prompt manner due to logistics. Here's hoping.

In any case, looking at what is in FE Warriors as opposed to what isn't, I'm really liking what they've been doing with the game and am looking forward to its release next month and whatever else they have in store for it over the next year. It seems like they've managed to achieve their goal of effectively mixing the style of Fire Emblem with the Warriors series, which I'm excited to experience. It looks pretty awesome to me as it stands.

-But, people still know who Ike is, and know about the other games he's in thanks to Smash. Sure, this game appealing to casual fans, but hardcore Fire Emblem fans will scowl at this. And I think the reason they included Lyn is that they knew they should have catered to all fans. And although the original Hyrule Warriors game lacked Wind Waker and Majora's Mask characters, we all liked it for standing out from the roots of the Dynasty Warriors games. Since Legends came out, I thought Koei Techmo would have done as best as Legends when it came to representing everything, because I wasn't going to be impressed with just a select few titles like I was with Hyrule Warriors. I wasn't going to be... fooled again. 

*insert song here* 

So, I'm not going to buy this game because they are probably going to do the same thing they did with Legends. And I'm... that that's likely the case. That I have to WAIT for something better they could've done the first time, knowing the potential with HWL.

And don't forget that they have done this TO DEATH with their original series that people have gotten sick of it. So, if this is THEIR practice... I'll wait. But, they're likely to rip off their fans ONCE AGAIN for something that will be obviously better. It's because of stagnation that people have caught on to this problem. It will hurt the company if they continue to do this, spinoffs or not. 

I wanted this game to better than Hyrule Warriors and HWL because of the amount of characters compared to them. Heck, Dynasty Warriors 9 will have 83 characters. If they can fit that many characters into that game...  And the developers have clearly done research... why do I bother? 

Edited by XLW
3 hours ago, Lt. Surge said:

My biggest gripe is their continued focus on Fates, Shadow Dragon, and Awakening instead of allowing wider representation from the other games in the series. Could very well be a hard pass from me if no surprises from any other games are tossed in. Really depends on who they add though.

It might be worth waiting for Fire Emblem Warriors Legends. :P 

2 hours ago, XLW said:

-But, people still know who Ike is, and know about the other games he's in thanks to Smash. Sure, this game appealing to casual fans, but hardcore Fire Emblem fans will scowl at this. And I think the reason they included Lyn is that they knew they should have catered to all fans. And although the original Hyrule Warriors game lacked Wind Waker and Majora's Mask characters, we all liked it for standing out from the roots of the Dynasty Warriors games. Since Legends came out, I thought Koei Techmo would have done as best as Legends when it came to representing everything, because I wasn't going to be impressed with just a select few titles like I was with Hyrule Warriors. I wasn't going to be... fooled again. 

*insert song here* 

So, I'm not going to buy this game because they are probably going to do the same thing they did with Legends. And I'm... that that's likely the case. That I have to WAIT for something better they could've done the first time, knowing the potential with HWL.

And don't forget that they have done this TO DEATH with their original series that people have gotten sick of it. So, if this is THEIR practice... I'll wait. But, they're likely to rip off their fans ONCE AGAIN for something that will be obviously better. It's because of stagnation that people have caught on to this problem. It will hurt the company if they continue to do this, spinoffs or not. 

I wanted this game to better than Hyrule Warriors and HWL because of the amount of characters compared to them. Heck, Dynasty Warriors 9 will have 83 characters. If they can fit that many characters into that game...  And the developers have clearly done research... why do I bother? 

Like I said, I'm willing to bet FE Warriors could potentially be the start of something that will continuously grow larger in the long term, and a part of why I'm personally not finding myself all too bummed about the existing roster is because that could mean the ship hasn't necessarily sailed for further title representation. However, the catch with this idea would be that it'd have to take a very long time to realize that due to how huge Fire Emblem is compared to Zelda in terms of characters, which sucks, but I'd still look forward to it if it ultimately means more for a series I deeply enjoy.

Sure, I think it'd be awesome to have a truly giant roster here and now, but I also don't feel it's actually realistic to expect them to bust out every character everyone wants right out of the gate because it'd probably work out better for them to treat FE Warriors as a series as opposed to a one-off just because of how many characters there are. I cannot emphasize enough that Fire Emblem has loads of more characters that fans value very much, and trying to fit them all in this one game while also designing the rest of it with a sufficient level of polish, cohesiveness, and attention to detail just doesn't seem feasible as opposed to focusing on characters from three of the most recognizable titles in the series.

With everything we know about the FE Warriors roster at present, I think they did a good enough job of focusing on the three main titles and grabbing pretty much all the big names from those three, and that's impressive in and of itself because doing that alone still gave us a ton of characters in the base game, all of whom are very popular characters in their own right. Lyn and Celica are nice surprises, and we all know Ike would be one as well, but their appearances or lack thereof wouldn't change the fact that FE Warriors manages to do very well with what it actually does try to focus on, leaving us with a pretty good foundation for what we as fans can hope for any future installments if they end up pursuing that. If what FE Warriors has to offer doesn't appeal to you, that's fine and I get how you feel, but all I'm saying is that I'm hopeful FE Warriors continues to improve in sequels and/or DLC because I really doubt they'd truly leave all that on the table when Hyrule Warriors already showed us they value appealing with fanservice.

I'm not familiar with other Warriors titles, but I would like to believe they've worked the same way too. You mention Dynasty Warriors 9 having 83 characters, but a quick look at this information also tells me the vast majority of these characters were already developed for previous titles in the series, so of course the roster is going to be that huge by the title called Dynasty Warriors Nine. But in this case, FE Warriors is the first of its kind, so I don't feel it's fair to compare it to another line of Warriors games that has had so many entries already and been reusing characters. And Hyrule Warriors Legends is just an expansion of an existing game with years of support, so again, I feel it's not really the standard to compare to either. Koei Tecmo has gone out of its way to talk about the fact that FE Warriors is debuting with more characters than any other Warriors titles that were the first in their line, so it's not as if they skimped out on the game's content or whatever. FE Warriors looks to be in line with what we ought to see out of a Warriors title based on another series known for its huge casts of characters, so I wouldn't agree it's ripping off anyone.

Why is Fire Emblem so obsessed with shoving strong female characters into bridal gowns? I get that it's pandering to the straight male audience, but this is completely disregarding everything about the characters' designs. Lucina is canonically the least romantic/sexual female protagonist in the series, and even specifically states that she hates dresses.

Is there is a legit bridal gown fetish in Japan?

I'm certain that it has to do with the tradition in a lot of Japanese media to incorporate bridal themes to appeal to their target demographic in fanservice content. I don't really know about its origins, but I do know it's been around for a long time and is definitely not unique to this particular series. It's proven to be popular concept so it is unsurprising for Fire Emblem to adopt it in this fashion. Whatever works for them to make fans happy, I suppose. I personally like it if only for the aesthetic.