Super Mario Run getting a new mode, world, character on Sept. 29th + 50% off 9/29 - 10/12!

Nice to see an new mode coming to SMR. I enjoyed SMR for what it was, but still haven't bought the full game for some reason. I might actually get the full game since it's 50% off. Personally, I think the game should have been $5 to start with, though I have no issues paying $10 for. 

EDIT:

More info...

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Super Mario Run getting a new mode, world, character on Sept. 29th + 50% off 9/29 - 10/12!
31 minutes ago, InXplotch said:

is this a free update to the game for people that already own it?

It's a free update. Not sure if you have to have the full version to play the new mode. since this is all the info Nintendo currently gave about the new update. However, the JPN twitter did mention something about the BGM, so I would assume this update might have something to do with music? Plus, Mario is wearing headphones in the the pic they twitted out.

PKZ5WTq.png

Edited by alienboyva
35 minutes ago, Fuzzer1 said:

Update: so far this seems to be iOS exclusive, no word on Android yet.

Would make since...This is the first major update to the game and the game was a timed iOS exclusive when it launched. If this update is indeed a timed exclusive for iOS, I feel Nintendo would have mentioned it in their tweets.

Also, Apple tweeted about the big update... Not sure if that means anything.

Edited by alienboyva

Here's a bunch of info on the update via the new App Store in iOS 11...

Pics: 

Spoiler

fAlkRVK.png

xwZpxGI.png

szDcsPQ.png

c2KgHEY.png

YO1iLBH.png

Cixzdk3.png

- New mode "Remix 10" give: complete 10 super-shot levels (different each time) back-to-back collecting rainbow star coins (tickets needed to play?)

- Rescue Daisy in Remix 10 to unlock her

- Can now use your own music as the BGM

- New "Star" world in tour mode

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Super Mario Run getting a new mode, world, character on Sept. 29th + 50% off 9/29 - 10/12!

The music in remix 10 is damn good! kvhappy; It's nice to hear some remixed tunes from Super Mario Land (I assume that's because you're trying to save Daisy).

1 hour ago, avalonknight said:

Just updated the Android version, and the $4.99 sale price is live now too. Also played through Remix 10, so looks like it is free for free players, though not sure if they will paywall it before you rescue Princess Daisy.

For free users they make you wait before you can use a rally ticket to play again. The further you get, the longer they make you wait. I've seen it as low as 30 secs and as high as 1 min. (just got to world 5).