Some DOOM info

Kind of a bummer that they had to take out the SnapMap mode for the Switch version (the level map editor/creator mode like Forge on Halo for example) due to storage/space reasons, but this still seems possibly worth getting again at some point for me. Had my fair share of the game on another platform, but whether I get it on Switch depends on whom all I know who gets it, to play the multiplayer with. The campaign will be a blast to re-experience on the go too, though.

7 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

Kind of a bummer that they had to take out the SnapMap mode for the Switch version (the level map editor/creator mode like Forge on Halo for example) due to storage/space reasons

You mean the feature that hardly anyone used?

7 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

get it on Switch depends on whom all I know who gets it, to play the multiplayer with. The campaign will be a blast to re-experience on the go too, though.

Multiplayer was awful, IMO.

In general this game should get some buying love to keep third-party support flowing.

Edited by Punchy
34 minutes ago, Punchy said:

You mean the feature that hardly anyone used?

Multiplayer was awful, IMO.

In general this game should get some buying love to keep third-party support flowing.

While it was pretty much the least used feature, SnapMap mode still had a decent sized loving community of creative maps that were often fun to play on. I get why it's not for everyone though, and admit it's not that much a loss for the Switch version, but I always love seeing SnapMap recreations of levels from classic Doom and such.

Multiplayer was rather lacking at first which I didn't think much of initially either, but it got a lot better in the later updates. It wasn't until they caved in and made all the season pass content free that I went back and really got into it though. It's fun; the map weapons, getting killing sprees as the playable demons, etc... I look forward to it on the Switch if I happen to repurchase the game on there.

Edited by Ridley Prime
5 hours ago, purple_beard said:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/bethesda_says_doom_and_wolfenstein_2_are_the_start_of_a_nintendo_relationship

not sure if it would be better for a separate thread but since this game (along with Wolfenstein)  is leading to Bethesda top do more Switch.

Would be nice to see.  Heck what we're getting is more than anyone expected.

I also just saw that blurb about Evil Within 2... that's the first I'm even hearing about that being a possibility. :o

The resurgence of Nazis in real life (sadly) has ironically made Wolfenstein more appealing now for a good number of people, since it revolves going around killing Nazis. Even funnier is how the IP offends IRL Nazis now. I'm not partial to Wolfenstein like I am with Doom, but may consider getting back into the series sometime...

It's been confirmed from a Bethesda rep that DOOM is 30fps. The multiplayer will also be 9GBs.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/290964-doom-30fps-confirmed-multiplayer-download-is-9gb

Edit: It was also confirmed that the game will run at 720p across the board.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/291029-doom-is-720p-whether-docked-or-in-handheld-mode

Edited by The Krazy One
Adding info

Well, it has been known that it is a "split download" game, given the multiplayer is download only. Though the question is, is it required to download it. From what we can see, looks like all of this stuff is expected. 9GB for multiplayer, whoa. Would've imagined it would be SMALLER, reusing assets and all that. I think the multiplayer demo before the game came out was about the same size, so it's like the whole new game. But a bit saddened to see no options of motion aiming (or motion fatalities. Rip and tear. Rip and tear...huge guts.) The computer build comparison DF did is interesting. Wondering if they will do the same for when LA Noire comes out.

Edited by avalonknight

I will probably get this version of the game also.  I might double dip (I have the PC version which nothing can really compare to anyways) even if all it is for is to have the functionality of playing Doom on the go.  Multiplayer wasn't very good the few times I messed with it on PC but one of my good friends told me they fixed a lot of the problems with multiplayer not too long ago and its actually playable.  Hopefully this is a good solid port of the game.  I been spoiled on PC (I can run it at 1080p, Ultra settings at 60fps) so I know this won't compare by any means but I will probably get it if it is Solid and not too compromised. 

9 hours ago, Linkamoto said:

Honestly, if Bethesda had decided to forego multiplayer completely as an option, then sell the game for $40.00, I'd be all over this.  I own it on PS4 already, and the full price tag is just too much for me to double dip with a straight face. 

It's optional not forgone. And, generally speaking you are getting the best part of the game. And it's not like Bethesda chose to do this on purpose. They had to because some company thought 32 gigs of storage space works for a console in 2017.

13 hours ago, Punchy said:

It's optional not forgone. And, generally speaking you are getting the best part of the game. And it's not like Bethesda chose to do this on purpose. They had to because some company thought 32 gigs of storage space works for a console in 2017.

I hear you there.  Unquestionably, the space issue is the biggest problem facing the Switch and, frankly, is inexcusable.