Shantae: Half Genie Hero Ultimate Edition for Switch (Physical release!)

Shantae fans, we have the news you’ve been waiting for! The lovely hair-whipping, belly dancing half-genie is coming to the Nintendo Switch™ in the physical Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition! Get ready to feel the beat as you jump, fight, and transform through this exciting adventure!

And she won’t be alone!

The Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition will include the Pirate Queen’s Quest! Slide into bodacious buccaneer Risky Boots’ stylish footwear as you traverse Sequin Land in a brand-new storyline as the Queen of the Seven Seas!

Not only that, the Ultimate Edition will come with “Friends Mode” and “Costume Mode”! In Friends Mode, Shantae’s pals Sky, Bolo, and Rottytops must survive Shantae’s Nightmare and save their friend from doom, while Costume Mode provides three new arcade-style adventures; Dash, slash, and teleport as Ninja Shantae, work on your tan as Beach Shantae, or alter the level around you ‘Mighty Switch Force’ style as Officer Shantae! Release date for the physical edition will be announced soon!

21731831_10154947995128354_6137800522455

3 hours ago, Dancing Mog said:

Still have my Wii U version of this sealed, and own it digital on X1 but it coming w/ all the extra good stuff could push me to buy again if it isn't priced too high.

I have the PS4 version since I managed to score the Limited Run Games physical releases of Shantae Risky's Revenge and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. I traded my Wii U digital key for someone's PS Vita digital key which is a bummer as my Vita died and I don't plan to get a new one anytime soon so having this on Switch and more up to date is a plus for me so I'll buy it.

Oh, okay. So they're basically packaging all of the Kickstarter stretch campaigns and content into a bundle. That's pretty cool. It's not anything they weren't already going to make for the vanilla edition, though. Last I heard, they were working on getting the costume swap working, and would be moving on to the Sky, Bolo, and Rotty campaigns next. I might double dip on this, though, depending on the price and if it gets the same loving treatment as Axiom Verge Multiverse Edition. 

EDIT: Oh, I see. Friends Mode is all one campaign. :P

Edited by Laclipsey