Final Fantasy

Doc Brown

I've played Final Fantasy on the GBA, because of a YouTuber's passion for the series. It's one of the best games I ever played. Same YouTuber said 2's horrible, and 3's alright. So, I plan on playing 3 on the DS. I think I'm 5 or 10% in the story.  

Cid's wife is sick, and I travel to the mountain nearby.

Edited by XLW
5 hours ago, XLW said:

I've played Final Fantasy on the GBA, because of a YouTuber's passion for the series. It's one of the best games I ever played. Same YouTuber said 2's horrible, and 3's alright. So, I plan on playing 3 on the DS. I think I'm 5 or 10% in the story.  

Hide contents

Cid's wife is sick, and I travel to the mountain nearby.

Lucky on 3. I saw a copy of it recently, but couldn't pick it up. I have the Playstation version of it and got the rest of them when they were on sale. Only missing 13 (taking the newer ones out of account  -- meaning 14 and 15).

Edited by Doc Brown

What version of Final Fantasy, the GBA one? Some people seem to dismiss the first FF as too dated but I still have a soft spot for it, even though the original NES version was only really playable with the Nintendo Power walkthrough guide, or at least was more enjoyable with it.

1 hour ago, Eliwood8 said:

Ah, cool. I meant dated in terms of gameplay, but the various remakes help alleviate some of the old school frustrations.

Ah I see. Cool. I'm used to training and grinding in RPG's so it's not too much of a pain.

Went with 2 Red Mages, a White Mage and a Warrior for my first playthrough.

Edited by Doc Brown

I finally got around to booting up FFIX not too long ago. I'm on Disc 2 right now, and absolutely loving it. I haven't had a lot of experience with the series before now, but I''m slowly but surely beginning to pick up on familiar elements about what makes these games so great, collectively. I'll probably write another freakin' essay about it when I'm farther, like I did with VII back on NS2. It was self-indulgent, but it was fun. :P 

Edited by Laclipsey
  • 1 year later...

I just finished FFXV Pocket Edition. I must say for a major graphical underhaul, it holds up pretty well. I even liked the character models for most of the characters more in the Pocket version (besides Noctis... he looks so weird in the Pocket version). :o 

I wish we could play the DLC, but as it stands I do feel like it was worth the $25 CAD I paid, so I am happy with that. :)