Route 30 - N4A Chat Thread - September 2017

Youngster Joey

6 minutes ago, The Moon said:

k I thought what we had was special? ? i come back and you're trying to fuck grim? ?

I never said we were exclusive, Sarah. What we have is special, but I'm trying to make something that's a different kind of special with Grim.

y;

45 minutes ago, The Moon said:

i want one of those fidget cubes bc i pick at my fingers a lot due to anxiety and i think it would help 

Those are real fun, my buddy has a few and whenever we're playing games at his place I'll just mess with it a bit. The clicky buttons are my favorite on there.

Fidget spinners were invented to help autistic kids or with ADHD to channel their energy without hurting themselves or being disruptive. That's all fine and good.

But now that they've become a "fashion item", other kids have been obnoxiously misusing them in school, which causes the teachers to ban them for everybody, even the autistic/ADHD kids who "need" them.

The funny thing about fidget spinners to me is that I feel like I woke up one morning and they were suddenly all over the internet, even though I'd never seen or heard anything about them previously. It's almost as if I used to live in a separate universe where fidget spinners didn't exist and I crossed over to this one overnight.

Aside from that somewhat amusing thought, I don't give a fuck about them.

In other news, today is a potentially exciting day! My chair ball will hopefully be arriving shortly, and I'm also going to the zoo AND going to the movies by myself to see It. My husband and I have such similar taste in most things, except horror flicks; it's my favourite movie genre and he can't stand them. It's been a while since I've been to the theatre on my own, but I really wanted to see It in theatres, so here we are.

There's no proof that fidget spinners help kids with ADD or Autism. Actually, most toys and other products advertised to help autistic or ADD kids have no bases to claim they work. I mean, maybe it helps. I'm autistic and I know I like to fidget. But honestly, this wasn't the sort of stuff I was recommended on having when I was diagnosed with A.D.D.; mostly I was given less distractions not more.

I also had a weird dream last night I was being kidnapped. It wasn't too scary until after I escaped and I had to run home and lock my doors. I don't remember what I was taken for. Something to do with water, I think.