Route 30 - N4A Chat Thread - September 2017

Youngster Joey

• Chrom pinned this topic

Why do you think all the characters were male?

*shrugs* I thought it was just cause, I don't really go around analyzing why characters are female or male unless it actually affects the plot in any way.

I did look it up after you asked, and the reasons the author gave was that he knew what it was to be a young boy not a young girl, and that a group of girls wouldn't do as a good representation of civilization or society.

Don't know what that means, but again, most interpretations I see of the work have it to do with civilization as a whole, not just half of it.

4 minutes ago, Yellow said:

*shrugs* I thought it was just cause, I don't really go around analyzing why characters are female or male unless it actually affects the plot in any way.

I did look it up after you asked, and the reasons the author gave was that he knew what it was to be a young boy not a young girl, and that a group of girls wouldn't do as a good representation of civilization or society.

Don't know what that means, but again, most interpretations I see of the work have it to do with civilization as a whole, not just half of it.

Sometimes characters' genders can be arbitrary, but a whole cast of characters being male strikes me as a clear sign of a specific commentary on male behavior. It could have easily been a co-ed school of boys and girls. He's still commenting on society at large, it's just specifically about patriarchal society.

19 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

*breaths in deeply* Ah that first page smell!

@Youngster Joey  Heck yea! Got my 2 eshop cards ready to pick up Gold and Silver :) .

Awesome! Did you order two eshop cards, or did you get those special Gold & Silver box cards?

10 minutes ago, The Moon said:

im fuckin

H  Y  P  E  D  

Hi, miss Sarah! How have you been this week? :)

1 minute ago, Youngster Joey said:

Awesome! Did you order two eshop cards, or did you get those special Gold & Silver box cards?

im okay!! i've been sick the last few days and that's majorly sucked as well as stressed out about life in general! so things are okay at best right now i think!

how are you?

21 minutes ago, Youngster Joey said:

I bought two eshop cards. If they had the box cards when I went to get the eshop cards, I would have went that route though :P. Are you getting just one version or both?

1 hour ago, The Moon said:

im okay!! i've been sick the last few days and that's majorly sucked as well as stressed out about life in general! so things are okay at best right now i think!

how are you?

I'm sorry you've been sick and stressed, but I hope things become top-percentage for you soon! :)

Week 2 of work has been good. I've been working on hardening the security of our network devices the past few days. And after work today, my girlfriend surprised me with flowers. :)