PS Plus Free Games for September 2017

PS Plus Free Games for September 2017:

• inFamous: Second Son, PS4
  • Strike Vector Ex, PS4
  • Truck Racer, PS3
  • Handball 2016, PS3
  • We Are Doomed, PS Vita (Cross buy with PS4)
  • Hatoful Boyfriend, PS Vita (Cross buy with PS4)

Plus Playstation is offering a free VR game for the next two months: RIGS Mechanized Combat League is free for PS Plus members in the US and Canada from September 5th to November 7th. Do you think they might start adding VR games to the regular monthly rotation?

inFamous: Second Son is a pretty great game–at least, if you like the style of the other inFamous games. Shame I already own the game though, so this month is a bit bland for me. Strike Vector Ex looks okay, I'll give it a try. We Are Doomed doesn't look bad either as a time waster/high score chaser. And I'm not quite the target demographic for the PS3 games but wow they look terrible. And then there's Hatoful Boyfriend…I really don't know what to say about that one.

22 minutes ago, JanusDS said:

Kinda weird they're just now offering Second Son with it having been...a launch title I believe and also after having offered First Light quite awhile back, like years ago. The rest I'm kinda meh or just don't know much about but might try Hatoful Boyfriend.

I'm in the same boat. Might give Hatoful Boyfriend a try, the rest I might get too but not play. Same goes with the PS4 titles, since I don't have one. :(  I'd give Second Son a shot if I did have one though.

Second Son is fun to play but ultimately felt a little shallow or lacking or something like that in terms of the story compared to the original Infamous; I haven't played Infamous 2 yet so I can't compare it. Or maybe it's that it didn't feel much beyond the original Infamous, like the whole good vs. evil decisions and resulting actions just felt very superficially scripted and in some cases just totally out of place. Or like his character would just suddenly change at a point way down the line despite you going one way the whole time. But like I said, the gameplay was really fun, I think it was very smooth and ironed out and the powers were fun to play with.