Secret of Mana 3D remaster coming to PS4/Vita/Steam

I just saw that in my email (I'm on a SE mailing list) and I almost shit myself (literally cuz I'd been holding in a shit for hours :v)! I'm very excited to try it out and will probably pre-order it. SoM has aged a little but when I played it on Wii VC several years ago, I still had a good time with it and am looking forward to this. I really would love for them to localize Seiken Densetsu III for whatever modern system and if they did the whole early collection 1-3, that would be great also. :D But regardless of that, I'm still happy to hear this and excited for it!

3 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

I'm both SUPER excited and SUPER pissed about this. Secret of Mana is probably my most favourite RPG of all time! It was my first ever eBay purchase because I NEEDED to own my own copy back in the day. And now it's being beautifully redone! ...on exactly ZERO platforms I have to play it on :(

Well, if you have a decent computer, then Steam is free to download and you can get it there. Not sure what the requirements will be but if it's available for pre-order on the Steam store, you could look and see. Otherwise I'd say PS4 would be the best route as you'd get the most gaming mileage out of it unless you're into a lot of niche games, which the Vita is still good for and I still buy stuff for it to this day. Then again, @Eliwood8, could be onto something and there be a remaster collection coming! :o But I don't have my hopes too high for that, lol.

4 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

I do not have a decent computer. I use my smartphone at home, and a computer at work.

Well, there's always a PS4, maybe there will be some good deals on the base Slim model during BF and can grab one around $200, which is about as much as I'd say they're worth at this point, lol. Don't get me wrong, it's a great system with lots of great exclusives but hardware wise, it's way the hell back there along with the base Xbox One / XB1S , which I got a One S brand new for $200 a few months ago. But yeah, I feel your pain not having any of the 3 systems that it's initially releasing for; I hope that maybe it will eventually release on Switch, especially since it was originally a SNES title, for those that don't have the initial 3 platforms.

Excited for this. Another reason for me to grab a PS4.

The game looks pretty good for the most part. The textures look especially flat in some cases (the rock wall behind the main character seeing the sword), and the screenshot of the characters fighting the castle tiger looks bad from the texture work and there being no shadows. Hopefully that's cleaned up before release.

On 8/25/2017 at 0:20 PM, Eliwood8 said:

Probably because Square Enix is going to announce they're localizing the Seiken Densetsu Collection for the Switch soon, right guys? ...Guys?

I can only hope, as Seiken Densetsu 3 is pretty damn awesome. And Secret of Mana is kind overrated, in my opinion. Or rather out classed by later entires.

SD3 should totally be the one getting the remake. That said, it'll be glorious seeing the Mana Tree tell the hero it's his mother, literally five seconds after discovering it's even capable of thought. Followed, immediately, by a giant Laser Beam blowing it up, as he dramatically shouts; "MOTHER!!!"

Edited by Marxforever

I'm over here waiting to see if S-E localizes the SoM Collection and then this pops up which I wouldn't be surprised gets localized instead.  Looks pretty neat though and some of the environments and battles will be cool to see with this fresh coat of paint.  Hope they do the music justice too.