Your Latest Purchase Thread

Erdrick

On 1/4/2018 at 2:02 AM, purple_beard said:

Yeah, the screen size, resolution, and better 3D were night and day over my original 3DS so I know it has to be even more of a difference going from a 2DS.

Just happened to see the Metallica: Master of Puppets 3CD remaster set at Wal Mart for $20.  I couldn't pass that up as a impulse buy.

Technically speaking, MoP was the 2nd Metallica album I had ever listened to.  TBA was the first.  When at work one day some guy said I should check out MoP and let me borrow his cd.  I was like... damn.... shoulda got into them earlier in their career.  I gave him his back and ended up getting their back catalog.  To this day, without the TBA I might not have gotten "into" Metallica, as I consider that one of the greatest albums ever made but without hearing MoP and hearing their "prior" style I don't know how long it would have taken me to get their back catalog as they never really did any videos of their songs till One.  And while I liked One, I can't say it would have enticed me to check out prior works based solely on that song.  I also get what people say when they mean Metallica sounded different up to TBA and their sound post TBA went completely different.  IMO, TBA is what their "old sound" would have been had they had the production, mixing, and sound engineering used on TBA.  I think Kill Em All was a little to raw vocally but Ride the Lightning, MoP, and AJFA were great works and I'd probably rank them AJFA > MoP > RtL.

Awesome find. :) 

Picked up a pair of $10 Nintendo eshop cards today. One for Pokemon Bank and the other for Pokemon Crystal.  :)

Edited by Doc Brown
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up a copy of Sonic Generations (PS3).

Annnd I'm off to return it tomorrow. First run into disc rot. Played through the first level fine and then ran into the disc skipping. So I'm going to the video store to get my money back. Might as well save up for a new copy of it.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The cool stuff:

#33 Alonzo Mourning Hornets jersey --teal pinstripe

Black Hornets hoodie

teal Hornets tshirt --freebie  @ game

white Hornets tshirt -- free @ game via the tshirt cannon shooting one at me LOL

Thor Ragnarok

new aux cord for hooking my tablet up to my car stereo

Judas Priest: Firepower

Jimi Hendrix: Both Sides of the Sky

Jimi Hendrix: The Jimi Hendrix Experience BBC Sessions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2018 at 8:51 AM, purple_beard said:

WiiU or Switch version?  Go with the Amiibo line too?

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Jack White: Boarding House Reach

Stone Temple Pilots: "  (2018)

The switch version so I can take it with me :) as for the amiibo  I didn't buy it since I only have enough money for the game. I still have the Link smash amiibo so might try it later or somthing.