Your Latest Purchase Thread

Erdrick

12 hours ago, purple_beard said:

I guess you guys worked out a split?

Took what you could get or you wanted the Neons?

No, i had been keeping an eye on the Zoolert tracker (and occasionally Istocknow) and ended up texting it in group chat when it was in stock since i wasn't sure how long it would stay in stock for - it wasn't entirely guaranteed though

Considering they can sell out quickly especially with the issue with obtaining the parts (Considering myself lucky on that - it went out of stock the next day)

But no, all of it's coming out of my pocket - only had $208 on hand (probably a little over half) just didn't have the full $319 up front

8 minutes ago, deewelch said:

When I was searching online I saw some dog toys and I bought a bristle bone toy for my dog. My dog.  is kinda happy and I'm thinking of buying another one. Can anyone suggests what dog toys should I buy for a 2-year old female labrador?

How much of a chewer is she?

I got mine Nylabones before and they liked them ok. Granted that they're smaller dogs, but they still chew a lot.

I avoid anything made of fabric and stick to tougher toys for them.

http://www.nylabone.com/product-finder/by-product-type/just-for-puppies.php

This is one of my dogs favorites: https://www.amazon.com/Arm-Hammer-Denta-Saurus-T-Rex-Dental/dp/B01H4B4I8W

Both my two younger dogs really like it too. Works well on their teeth.

Edited by Doc Brown

Finally ordered myself a Switch, figured with Super Mario Odyssey around the corner and deciding to not wait for the odyssey bundle (rather get the physical copy of the game on release) it was time to get it now in case the Switch sells out for a few weeks following the games release.

Switch Grey Edition

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Switch Pro Controller

SanDisk Ultra 64GB

Orzly Tempered Glass Screen Protector Kit

Didn't want to go all out and get everything I want all at once just to keep the cost down to a reasonable amount, still pinched though. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Got a WiiU.    

Cuz it's 2012 at my house.

Also got Breath of the Wild.  

Blind LP coming soon.     Stay tuned......

Benefit of buying a 5-year old system --------     save a shit ton of money

Drawback of buying a 5-year old system -------   difficult to find the best accessories with which to protect your investment.

Edited by mikecamper
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, fuzz said:

👀👀👀

whatcha gonna get?

I ended up buying Serra's ascendant, aether vial. and then on cyber monday I bought like kokusho, nimbus maze, some cards from FTV transform, knight of the reilquary, sheoldred and reset. Most of them are for edh, except the aether vial, which I got just to hold onto to maybe eventually build up a legacy or modern deck.

19 minutes ago, InXplotch said:

I ended up buying Serra's ascendant, aether vial. and then on cyber monday I bought like kokusho, nimbus maze, some cards from FTV transform, knight of the reilquary, sheoldred and reset. Most of them are for edh, except the aether vial, which I got just to hold onto to maybe eventually build up a legacy or modern deck.

Nice man! There's a bunch of Iconic Masters singles I'm looking to pick up for EDH as well, namely Avacyn, Archangel of Thune, Serra Ascendant, and Kokusho. Aether vial is dope, and played in a ton of modern decks! I'm biased because I play Merfolk so it's basically what makes the deck competitive and consistent, lol. Humans is picking up steam in modern as well, and I think it's played in death and taxes (modern and legacy) also! It's great that the price is coming down with IMA.

21 minutes ago, fuzz said:

Nice man! There's a bunch of Iconic Masters singles I'm looking to pick up for EDH as well, namely Avacyn, Archangel of Thune, Serra Ascendant, and Kokusho. Aether vial is dope, and played in a ton of modern decks! I'm biased because I play Merfolk so it's basically what makes the deck competitive and consistent, lol. Humans is picking up steam in modern as well, and I think it's played in death and taxes (modern and legacy) also! It's great that the price is coming down with IMA.

Legacy DT is the deck I have my eye on as a long term thing, and I occasionally pick up pieces here and there. I mostly just need 3 aether vials, ports and karakas now, I think. It's nice that it dropped a little, but its still a bit high for my liking. I ended up buying it though because the store i went to was doing 20% off ticket price, which was cheaper than what I could find online, lol.

my small regret was not picking up GP promo avacyn or judge promo azusa. but gosh dang, promo azusa is like 70-90 bucks.

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, Bearissoslow said:

new 3ds xl. very nice upgrade from my 2ds. it's nice to actually have surround sound again. 

Yeah, the screen size, resolution, and better 3D were night and day over my original 3DS so I know it has to be even more of a difference going from a 2DS.

Just happened to see the Metallica: Master of Puppets 3CD remaster set at Wal Mart for $20.  I couldn't pass that up as a impulse buy.

Technically speaking, MoP was the 2nd Metallica album I had ever listened to.  TBA was the first.  When at work one day some guy said I should check out MoP and let me borrow his cd.  I was like... damn.... shoulda got into them earlier in their career.  I gave him his back and ended up getting their back catalog.  To this day, without the TBA I might not have gotten "into" Metallica, as I consider that one of the greatest albums ever made but without hearing MoP and hearing their "prior" style I don't know how long it would have taken me to get their back catalog as they never really did any videos of their songs till One.  And while I liked One, I can't say it would have enticed me to check out prior works based solely on that song.  I also get what people say when they mean Metallica sounded different up to TBA and their sound post TBA went completely different.  IMO, TBA is what their "old sound" would have been had they had the production, mixing, and sound engineering used on TBA.  I think Kill Em All was a little to raw vocally but Ride the Lightning, MoP, and AJFA were great works and I'd probably rank them AJFA > MoP > RtL.