Your Latest Purchase Thread

Erdrick

Man.... where to begin.... let's say wants, necessities, and reality hit all at the same time....

43 Sony 4K tv (replacing 32" lcd)

2 Rokus

WiFi extender/access point (needed a boost to run some streaming services in a downstairs room)

assorted cables to hook up gear

tv base, since modern tvs apparently don't use pedestal bases anymore and use feet >_>

A good group of BRs to watch

Disney+ and ESPN+ added to my streaming services

NSO Expansion Pass

Crap load of of groceries for Thanksgiving....

...talk about blowing your wad....

Lucked out on Walmart's site and got the complete series of Quantum Leap for around $10. Been wanting it for a long time so I'm glad that I could get it. 

Woot. Just got the complete edition of Digimon Cyber Sleuth. Had the first game for my Vita... but the eshop had a very good deal on it. Only $14.99. So I got it for the Switch. So now I have both it and Hackers Memory. Also got the Castlevania Anniversary Collection for $4.99.

Finally got a card game that I'd been eyeing for awhile... Unstable Unicorns. Got it on sale for a good price.

Also got a word search book.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • 1 month later...

Man, after looking at the damage of November and December..... I need to cut up my credit cards LOL.

But, in all honesty, I did have some expensive needs like new work boots, 2 tires for my car, replacement shoes... tv is arguable.....

Then, "had to" buy something of fanatics.com or lose $20 in fan cash because it wouldn't roll over into 2022... picked a white Canes jersey

Then, I am most likely in the "have to" category for a new pedal bike as a persistent issue over the last 18mos or so has only been temporarily fixed via Dicks so I took it to a local repair shop and found out somethings and basically, to fix the "real" issues that involves the chain being replaced and the front and rear sprockets along with a now popped out spoke on the rear wheel, I'd be at $200..... so a new bike is in order.  That is looking at running me $300 ... not worth dropping 2 on old one when a new one can be had for not much more.

Just glad I am picking 3 Saturdays of extra hours in January for some extra $ to pay down the damage.... AND cutting spending WAY THE F* down....

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ended up being taken and went to McD’s for lunch and went for a small shopping trip to Walmart 

Ended up grabbing a couple of $20 Eshop cards

an Entemanns box ofChocolate Donuts

A small box of Cadburry Chocolate Creme filled Eggs (which i have no idea how a small box of $ cost 3.98)

a small pack of Reese’s King Size PB Cups

Pretty much used the Eshop cards and a but of Gold points to cover the rest towards Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

So that’s one of the 3 down

On 3/13/2022 at 8:29 PM, Shadow118 said:

With permission, was able to go ahead and buy Luigi's Mansion 3 and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury so now have those

Will download at some point

At least that saved me a pretty good amount overall

Luigis mansion 3 is legit.  I eagerly await #4.

Sm3dw+bf is good too, the 3dw game does run smoother and the bf side is really cool.

2 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Luigis mansion 3 is legit.  I eagerly await #4.

Sm3dw+bf is good too, the 3dw game does run smoother and the bf side is really cool.

Years ago i got the Wii U Bundle with that and Nintendo Land - ended up beating the Main game, though i don't recall if it was 100%

Always was uncertain on LM3 - i can't remember if i was easily able to get into the first one when i rented it... but figured it would be a good idea to buy it on sale either way

One of the many games i've been meaning to buy on the 3DS, but haven't yet...

really should get around to downloading more 3DS games, actually....

18 minutes ago, Shadow118 said:

Years ago i got the Wii U Bundle with that and Nintendo Land - ended up beating the Main game, though i don't recall if it was 100%

Always was uncertain on LM3 - i can't remember if i was easily able to get into the first one when i rented it... but figured it would be a good idea to buy it on sale either way

One of the many games i've been meaning to buy on the 3DS, but haven't yet...

really should get around to downloading more 3DS games, actually....

Imo, the 1st lm wasn't that great.. got it as part of my gs pre-order gc bundle.  My brother and I traded it in by the time the weekend was gone for Super monkey ball and never regretted it.

My brother got the 3ds sequel and couldn't convince me to get it as well. 

the 3rd I held out for and got it as a Christmas present.   I loved it...graphics, music,  level design, control, and it captivated me enough to want to explore every nook and cranny for stuff .  I only lament not scoring the lime green jcs.

On 3/15/2022 at 11:35 PM, purple_beard said:

Imo, the 1st lm wasn't that great.. got it as part of my gs pre-order gc bundle.  My brother and I traded it in by the time the weekend was gone for Super monkey ball and never regretted it.

My brother got the 3ds sequel and couldn't convince me to get it as well. 

the 3rd I held out for and got it as a Christmas present.   I loved it...graphics, music,  level design, control, and it captivated me enough to want to explore every nook and cranny for stuff .  I only lament not scoring the lime green jcs.

I didn't play the first two either but LOVED the third one.

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2022 at 11:43 AM, purple_beard said:

https://www.engineathletics.com/ecuhockey

what do you guys think?  I'm pretty sure I'm getting the cream one but want to hear opinions on the black one.

Got them in and man the cream is FRESH.

But my black one had some stitching defects and I emailed the company today a picture of the issues so I can get it switched out for good one.

Min Min Amiibos.

Carolina Hurricanes 2022 Division Champs hat and shirt.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...