Your Latest Purchase Thread

Erdrick

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2021 at 10:00 PM, purple_beard said:

Cool Sh* Only:

Carolina Hurricanes had a $100 off sale on their retro Hartford Whalers jerseys.  I had thought the deal was very good but I personally had no ties to their incarnation as the Whalers, I just cared about them when they landed in Raleigh (well technically Greensboro then onto Raleigh as the stadium was getting built) in 1997.  But I decided that since the trim of the jersey I selected was the same trim as when the Whalers came into the NHL I'd do it as #79 (year of entry) and Whalers across the back to match my #97 Hurricanes one in that kind of respect.

I got it in, man is it sweet.

Going to Canes/Predators Game 2 on Wednesday!

• 1 month later...

Cool sh* only

Copped Cobra Trooper and Stalker GI Joe reissues at Wal Mart within the last week.  Now lacking Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander, Lady J, and I think there are 1-2 more off the top of my head.

Bought a ticket to Lightning @ Hurricanes Game 5 ...scored a new hat too.

I WANTED TO BUY/PO THOSE TWO NEW METROID AMIIBOS...but alas...

• 2 weeks later...

Cool sh* only

Man... decided to start up a Amazon Japan account and ordered the Skyward Sword HD + amiibo+ displayer that was a) the only way the amiibo was availbile and also able to ship to the US.   Then, after thinking about it for a day did Dread and the individual amiibo bundle as taht was the only way to get the amiibos shipped to the US from them.  Also, I was able to score the Zelda Joy Cons....  but odd thing about that was it had to be a bundle with the JCs + some kind of protector sleeves..... JCs by themselves were out of stock.

Went on a cd buying binge on amazon:

Def Leppard Collection III: 

X, Songs from the Sparkle Lounge, B-Sides,  Yeah!, Yeah! Live, and Yeah II ( covers)

Def Leppard:

Mirror Ball Live & More, Def Leppard DLX ED

*Always liked Def Leppard but kind of fell off once they hit the 90s and these box sets are the cheapest way to get newer material on the cheap... and actually, they aren't bad but aren't pre-Hysteria Def Leppard.  I'm kind of digging the Yeah 2 covers...

Evanescence:

The Bitter Truth

*didn't know they had a new cd till I was looking at updating my cd list.  2021 album.

Nirvana: Bleach 20th Anniversary Ed

*Never thought they were the end all be all like some did when they broke but while I had their studio albums aside from Bleach I never felt the need to get their first one.  This was cheap and had remastered original tracks plus a ton of bonus tracks.

Korn: Life is Peachy, Issues, Follow the Leader, and Korn

--Had these via cdr for a long damn time but these I got for $5 ea. so replacing cdr for originals at that price.  

Staind: Dysfunction, 14 Shades of Grey, and Break the Cycle

--replacing a cdrs on the cheap

Eminem: The Slim Shady LP EXP ED

--replacing a cdr but this had bonus tracks the original didn't so...

Everlast: The Life Acoustic

*was cool on purchasing his later solo works but his last one kind of changed my tune and so far on this one its pretty good

Q-Tip: Kamaal the Abstract

--got his last solo cd....

Public Enemy: Greatest Misses and Muse Sick-n-hour Mess Age

--had and sold off, replaced for cheap....only two PE albums I was missing currently and I had already gone back to Yo! Bumrush the Show.  Just didn't overly feel these so at the time selling them off was a good move....

25 minutes ago, Ithrak Utopia said:

Ordered a copy of Metroid Prime Hunters from Japan, might do the same for a European version down the line depending on the differences in its packaging 

I am hoping my PO from amazon japan for Dread and the two single pack amiibos works like it is supposed to, per japanese site it has english so...  and that deal was only way to get the amiibos from them shipped stateside.

• 1 month later...

Came in the mail today...took like 8 months for this to finally get here from Limited Run Games. I was thinking a few day where is this thing, as they said it could take 4-6 months before it ships. So I thought about this off and on where is it and today is the day! It's the Scott Pilgrim Complete Edition.

DzUIz1X.jpg

XSQ8Qzo.jpg

Not an actually map of Toronto of course, I live here should know, lol. (The only thing that is accurate is the CN Tower and the dome stadium location geologically we call Roger Centre) The game case is shown again because it has a reversible cover. That and it has a concert ticked and an actual Instruction Booklet as well.

F2xSByn.jpg

Wanted to take a closer shot of the sticker to show most ppl who aren't Canadians what coinage looks like and is called. Some obvious but I'll point all of them out.

The smallest coin that looks silver is our Dime, probably can't tell but there's suppose to be a sailboat on there.

Next is the Nickel in a slightly bigger and more blue than the Dime, also probably can't tell but there suppose to be a beaver on there not a Bieber.

The light blue looking coin is our Quarter and you can obviously a moose head on there.

Now the ones you heard of but probably never seen before; the yellow looking coin is dollar that we call a Loonie because there's a Loon on there.

The biggest one with silver ring and yellow middle is out dollar coin called a Toonie. I get from going from 1 dollar to 2 dollar why it is called a loonie but what is on the Toonie is a polar bear. I guess whoever came up with the name could of think of anything clever with a polar bear.

Ah, I just recalled it has been 25 years since the Toonie was a thing up here. I remember the day we all got them when I was in Elementary School. Before 1996 we had a two dollar bill for some reason we wanted be more different then any country and had another coin since we had a two dollar bill.

Yeah, a little history lesson on our Canadian currency.

Edited by DLurkster
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...