Your Latest Purchase Thread

Erdrick

I believe I had made mention of me buying retro reissued G1 Transformers at Wal Mart, of which I did get Soundwave + Ravage, Laser Beak, Rumble, and Frenzy, Blaster, and Starscream.

Well, I have not started to get the reissued "G1" GI Joe stuff at Wal Mart and recently I scored the HISS tank, AWE Striker, Snake Eyes, and Baroness.  FWIW, I still have my original HISS Tank and AWE Striker in the attic.  I am not sure if the Snake Eyes is the 1st Snake Eyes but I am pretty sure he isn't the 2nd (that came with Timber that I had).  I never owned Baroness but hey, as far as GI Joe females go, Scarlett, Lady Jaye, Baroness, and Zarana would not be considered as characters I would pass on.  That said, I think the only females I originally owned were Zarana and Jinx but I would have had no beef with owning Cover Girl, Scarlett, or Baroness.

Decided to take the plunge and went ahead and bought the BotW Bundle off the Eshop

So pretty much got an $80 bundle for the price of the base game - which isn't a bad deal, i suppose

But it's going to be a bit until i'll be able to download it... it won't be going anywhere downloading here

So it's going to be a bit until im going to be able to play it... well, im in no rush at least

3493D29E-5008-450E-B7CC-5487194928DE.jpeg

Edited by Shadow118
4 hours ago, Shadow118 said:

Decided to take the plunge and went ahead and bought the BotW Bundle off the Eshop

So pretty much got an $80 bundle for the price of the base game - which isn't a bad deal, i suppose

But it's going to be a bit until i'll be able to download it... it won't be going anywhere downloading here

So it's going to be a bit until im going to be able to play it... well, im in no rush at least

3493D29E-5008-450E-B7CC-5487194928DE.jpeg

you didn't have BotW by6 now?

I think a lot of the DLC is beneficial in playing a game from scratch but by the time the DLC hit I had done all 100 shrines and had beaten the game.  I did about as much exploration as I wanted to.  That said, I got the game at launch and I didn't get the DLC pack till my birthday this year... but I haven't had the time to invest in a BotW playthrough.

53 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

you didn't have BotW by6 now?

I think a lot of the DLC is beneficial in playing a game from scratch but by the time the DLC hit I had done all 100 shrines and had beaten the game.  I did about as much exploration as I wanted to.  That said, I got the game at launch and I didn't get the DLC pack till my birthday this year... but I haven't had the time to invest in a BotW playthrough.

No, but i've meant to for awhile now before today but rarely had a chance since i don't usually have large amounts to spare that often - only was able to buy it now since my parents gifted me a Gift card around Thanksgiving since we couldn't go out and shop this year

And the sale price helped that too, i suppose

Went shopping today. Bought some groceries and a phone card for my phone.

Got Sorry and Trouble earlier this month, thanks to Walmart selling them cheaply. Been wanting to play them again. 

Walmart had a decent markdown on The original Twilight Zone on their website, so I was finally able to snap up a copy.

‐------------------------

Got a $10 eshop card.

Picked up:

Tumblestone 

Super One More Jump 

My Time At Portia 

Journey of the Broken Circle 

Swaps and Traps

Edited by Doc Brown
  • 2 weeks later...

From the Steam Winter sale in total, i ended up with:

Fallout 4 GOTY

A Hat In Time Ultimate Edition

Sonic Adventure DX

Sonic Adventure 2 / Battle DLC

Sonic CD

I mainly threw the last 3 on because they were cheap and didn’t have much on my first card left - I’ll play them at some point

Also a couple nights ago i bought Pokémon Alpha Sapphire off the 3DS Eshop and that makes the last 3DS era Pokémon game I didn’t have before 

Also picked up Pokémon Crystal today and might pick up Yellow later

• 2 weeks later...

The *cool sh** only:

Over the last month I have completed the Dio music catalog (not his days with Elf or Rainbow, just the solo stuff) and I have also completed the Aerosmith catalog.  GOOD STUFF.

Over the last month and a half roughly I had heard about the GI Joe G1 reissues from Hasbro, and with a surprise mega-score at WalMart tonight I now have from what is out now: HISS Tank w/ driver, AWE Striker w/ driver, Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Baroness, Destro, and Roadblock.  The only one I am lacking now is Storm Shadow.  As of my childhood past the only NEW/NEVER HAD figures are Baroness, Scarlett, Roadblock, and the OG Destro ( my Destroy was from the line when they started doing the Iron Grenadier army for Destro).

Got a $20 Nintendo eshop card.

Ended up getting Dragon Quest 3 and putting $4.99 aside, in order to renew my Pokemon Bank subscription.

Finally found Cobra Kai s1 and 2 at Walmart. Snapped it up, along with 42, Marshall, Get On Up and Malcolm X.

------------------------

February 

Got a Nintendo Switch Online card so I could renew my subscription tomorrow and a $10 eshop card.

Picked up:

Oceanhorn: Monster of the Uncharted Seas 

Letter Quest Remastered 

Gnomes Garden: New Home

Got a $10 eshop card and got Goat Simulator. 

Got some groceries and found some nice $6 books. Snapped up The Vietnam War: An Intimate History and Obama: An Intimate Portrait (really like the latter, picture wise, Pete Souza has a very good photographic eye).

Edited by Doc Brown
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Noticed and went ahead and bought LEGO City Undercover that was on sale on the Eshop for $6.36

Pretty good deal for a $30 game - won’t be able to download it until the next time im home though

Both LEGO Jurassic World and LEGO Ninjago Movie The Video Game are also on sale for $9.99 so could pick up one of those if I wanted to

Only have $43.24 left so don’t want to use most of it at once just in case..

Granted they go on sale quite often so wouldn’t be too big of a deal if I didn’t buy either of them right now

Though there’s also The LEGO Movie 2 Videogame - not sure on that one one way or another yet though 🤔

Not that I’ve seen either of the two LEGO Movies yet, anyway- so wouldn’t play those for awhile anyway until after, i think...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cool Sh* Only:

Carolina Hurricanes had a $100 off sale on their retro Hartford Whalers jerseys.  I had thought the deal was very good but I personally had no ties to their incarnation as the Whalers, I just cared about them when they landed in Raleigh (well technically Greensboro then onto Raleigh as the stadium was getting built) in 1997.  But I decided that since the trim of the jersey I selected was the same trim as when the Whalers came into the NHL I'd do it as #79 (year of entry) and Whalers across the back to match my #97 Hurricanes one in that kind of respect.