Your Latest Purchase Thread

Erdrick

9 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Lego even specializes down to Women of NASA?  Wow.  Kind of cool too.

I get the marketing bonanza of these branded sets but its almost like back in the day Lego was all about making your own stuff, now its about recreating things you see from various marketing angles.  In other words, making your own Star Wars ship(s) versus recreating ones from the movies.

Somewhat surprised that i I came across it now realizing it came out in 2017 - guess I was somewhat lucky

Though thinking about it, guess I’m somewhat of a sucker for some of the Space related sets...

Was looking at the LEGO Ideas Saturn V that was on shelf but even then I’d still be slightly short even with what I had...

well,  this is a decent haul at least

_______

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/388ddbe3-2f0a-42fb-9f54-93bf3b5f4fe9

https://brickset.com/sets/21312-1/Women-of-NASA

A  LEGO set that was pitched to and got enough support to be released as an Ideas set - I think other sources would have more detailed information for that one

Got a pair of Sony MDX-ZX110 headphones today on sale for around $16. They're a decent replacement for my Apple ones which are losing volume and are getting tinny. Hope to get some new Apple ones some day but these will do for now. Not a huge fan of the head phone folding, but it seems ok listening wise.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Got a pair of Sony MDX-ZX110 headphones today on sale for around $16. They're a decent replacement for my Apple ones which are losing volume and are getting tinny. Hope to get some new Apple ones some day but these will do for now. Not a huge fan of the head phone folding, but it seems ok listening wise.

You know what the f*d up part about my headphone purchase from a few days ago was?  My old Nakamichi's legity had no sound in them so I bought those new Skull Candys.  Anyway, when I got back from vacation I was like there is no way these not to old headphones are dead.  I ended up switching the aux cord and BAM, they magically worked.  Apparently the headphone cable itself went bad.  I'm keeping the Skulls because I like that larger over the hear design and I bought a new aux cable for those Nakamichis because they more easily fit into my laptop bag for when I take my laptop with me for photo duties at games.

8 hours ago, purple_beard said:

You know what the f*d up part about my headphone purchase from a few days ago was?  My old Nakamichi's legity had no sound in them so I bought those new Skull Candys.  Anyway, when I got back from vacation I was like there is no way these not to old headphones are dead.  I ended up switching the aux cord and BAM, they magically worked.  Apparently the headphone cable itself went bad.  I'm keeping the Skulls because I like that larger over the hear design and I bought a new aux cable for those Nakamichis because they more easily fit into my laptop bag for when I take my laptop with me for photo duties at games.

Cool. Glad that worked out.

• 2 weeks later...

I lucked out today and found some Pokemon cards on Clearance! Got a Suicune, Entei, Raikou set for $5. Got some pretty decent cards from them too. Also picked up some groceries and some pop (2 sugar Pepsi's and one Cherry one).

Edited by Doc Brown

DAMN IT.... finally had to replace my old Sony Digital cameras..... had the better one for close to 15 years but it started having issues and now unrecoverable issues and even if it had gotten fixed I've been having issues with the memory sticks I own working without error messages--probably bad sectors due to age.

So I got a Sony a6000 dual lens bundle, 64gb sd card, and a extra battery.  Gonna angle for a camera bag for my birthday at the end of the week.

On 6/28/2018 at 12:39 PM, purple_beard said:

WOW... I might have to get this....

Didn't go for that version, did the much less expensive edition but with all the content as far as audio and BR discs go.  I had been holding out for it as  bday present but that didn't materialize.  Also, it appears that less expensive version was a limited stock edition as well and after holding out and noticing a price drop it finally went out of NEW at a respectable price and started going up for used or NEW at other places.  So ended up with a open box like new order via Amazon Warehouse.  I don't like buying used stuff on  the internet but Amazon is usually pretty solid on standing behind their condition of their product and since it is from them directly I felt a little better about it.

Also tacked on a box set Def Leppard released at the first part of June that is all their cds through Adrenalize along with some live and acoustic stuff in remastered form for $65.

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up going to a group to Wizard World Chicago Comicon yesterday, and had some spending money

Was considering a D.Va booty mousepad ($20 wasn’t too bad, although I wasn’t really sure how comfortable it would be

was also considering a Mei Nendoroid and a Link one, but those would’ve been pricey so I skipped those two

Thought this would be easier than Imgur, honestly

Edited by Shadow118
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

talk about retro-chic...

Wal Mart has a line of "G1" Transformers of which the asking price is $30 for a Hot Rod and $35 for a Starscream.  The Devastator 6 pack is $75.  They look original, although I am sure they are plastic and not metal in some spots but they are G1 look a likes and have the thermal Autobot/Decepticon decals on them.  That's crazy pricing though.  Those smaller transformers were at best $20 back in the day.  The Devastator set seems not too outrageous but I think that set back in the day was around $5-60.

I did amuse myself that the pack in gun for the Starscream one was a mini Megatron gun.

• 4 weeks later...