Skies of Arcadia Legends (GCN) Help

Anyone have experience with Skies of Arcadia Legends (GCN)? 

My predicament is that I think I may have to start over Skies of Arcadia. I never realized I could upgrade the Little Jack before Drachma took off with it when you got to the desert. I did the desert pyramid, now I have to fight the Gigas and Belleza with the starting ship stuff. Is that possible? Unless there's a way to upgrade the ship from the pyramid post-boss save point, I may have to start over (stop for good) since I'm not seeing how it is possible to defeat Belleza with the starting ship parts. :/

I just replayed this last year actually.  He's difficult even with upgraded ship parts.  It should still be possible, but it'll be a bit more difficult.  Do you only have the default cannons as well?

For Recumen, all you pretty much have to do is survive.  Attack on turns before and during a red square to attempt to knock him off balance and have him miss his giant laser beam.  Other than that, just focus and heal on any other turns to build up to the harpoon cannon and always regroup when given the option.

For Belleza, just always be healing and using Inream to boost your attack and defense and try to attack and defend whenever you think is best.  If I remember correctly, if you get to use the harpoon against her, it almost kills her in one hit, regardless of ship parts so if you can get that off, you should be good.

I'll see if I can remember anything else or maybe look up a video to see if I missed anything important.

Yeah, Recumen is a joke. As long as you're timing your hits right it shouldn't be able to land a single attack on you. As for Belleza, I don't remember that fight being terribly difficult with the few upgrades I had. So I can't imagine her being impossible with none, perhaps just very difficult. The Harpoon Cannon is basically a one-shot, eventually, she'll put herself into postion, just play defensively till then.

Edited by Marxforever
2 hours ago, SuperShadowX2 said:

I just replayed this last year actually.  He's difficult even with upgraded ship parts.  It should still be possible, but it'll be a bit more difficult.  Do you only have the default cannons as well?

For Recumen, all you pretty much have to do is survive.  Attack on turns before and during a red square to attempt to knock him off balance and have him miss his giant laser beam.  Other than that, just focus and heal on any other turns to build up to the harpoon cannon and always regroup when given the option.

For Belleza, just always be healing and using Inream to boost your attack and defense and try to attack and defend whenever you think is best.  If I remember correctly, if you get to use the harpoon against her, it almost kills her in one hit, regardless of ship parts so if you can get that off, you should be good.

I'll see if I can remember anything else or maybe look up a video to see if I missed anything important.

I saw a guide that spoke about the Recumen battle. I even attacked with my available cannons (put the attack marker on there) on the turn before and the turn of the red laser attack and nothing. Still got hit. I think it had to be a subcannon where it launched the turn before and lands the next turn, which I don't have. >_< I did make it through the battle, although I was very near death due to getting hit with the laser every time but the last one due to the harpoon cannon.

I used Increm during the Belleza battle, but I think I just didn't heal fast enough to survive the first round. I do remember being able to use the harpoon, but this is my memory from when I played it back when it came out.