DuckTales (2017) Ep. 1 available on YouTube

alienboyva

WOW! This was a lot better than I was expecting. Nothing can beat the original, but this...this is good stuff!

• I like how the art style kinda looks like the old Scrooge/Donald comics (I assume that's what they were going for)
  • Voices are pretty damn good (for the most part)
  • Story wise, it feels just like an ep of the original show

Dislikes:

• Huey, Dewey, Louie, and Webby don't have that "duck" to their voice (if you know what I mean)
  • Huey, Dewey and Louie are way more annoying
Edited by alienboyva

Yeah, for some reason I don't have the Disney XD channel anymore but I did watch it through a youtube link. I'm ok w/ the art style but they don't have the duck shaped heads like the original though I am sure I can get use to it, didn't know the bit about the comics. Being a fan of the original I enjoyed this more than I thought so hopefully I can watch the series at some point.

Edited by Dancing Mog
2 hours ago, Dancing Mog said:

I'm ok w/ the art style but they don't have the duck shaped heads like the original though I am sure I can get use to it, didn't know the bit about the comics. Being a fan of the original I enjoyed this more than I thought so hopefully I can watch the series at some point.

Yeah, I also thought it was odd the ducklings did't have rounded heads like the original. Though, I found it more odd they didn't have that duck voice like Donald like they did in the original. If you want to learn more about the comics, I highly recommend watching this video (see spoiler). Also, if you want to get into the comics, there's a really nice compilation/reprint book that I've seen at my local comic shop  (not sue if it has all the comics).

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Dancing Mog said:

Being a fan of the original I enjoyed this more than I thought so hopefully I can watch the series at some point.

Hopefully, they'll start putting a new ep up every week like they did with Yo-Kai Watch. With Yo-Kai watch they'd put up a new ep every week that was a few eps behind what was airing on TV, while removing the previous week's ep. It was great, because I got to watch a lot of the first season without having Disney XD.

Not to get off topic, but I've noticed recently Disney has been putting up the first ep of their new shows on YT. When watching that DuckTales ep I saw in the related videos that they put up the first ep of that new Raven show. I watched a few mins of it, cuz I remember seeing the original back when it was on and it's pretty much more of the same (if you liked that show).

Edited by alienboyva