Sonic Mania CE unboxed

I know the feeling (Got a huge figure collection). At least for me, it's more historical/nostalgic in a different manner (grew up with Nintendo in the 90s). Like, hey, here is a giant Collector's Edition of a Nintendo Switch game, oh look! It's Sonic proudly standing on a Sega Genesis! Yes, Sonic has been on the console since the Gamecube days, but to have a statue of it...yeah.

Edited by avalonknight
5 hours ago, Juanblue85 said:

My Sonic Mania Switch CE has finally shipped but won't get it till Thursday so I double dipped and got the PS4 version to play at midnight. Still wish there was a physical cartridge/disc.

Yes would have loved to see a physical version for the Switch. Not sure why they didn't do something like that.

1 hour ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

Yes would have loved to see a physical version for the Switch. Not sure why they didn't do something like that.

Its just odd man Its obvious from what people saw this game was going to sell and look how well it is reviewing. It should have been obvious that this should have had a physical release.

12 minutes ago, Juanblue85 said:

Its just odd man Its obvious from what people saw this game was going to sell and look how well it is reviewing. It should have been obvious that this should have had a physical release.

Especially with the beautiful artwork. Maybe in time there will be one. But either way I'm not waiting for that to happen.

Downloaded and started playing some of the game yesterday. It's really great so far! Kinda funny how well muscle memory works, especially in terms of playing some of those special stages. I'm enjoying both the old and new stages, and the nods to all of the various old Sonic games as well.

I'm definitely not as good at this type of game as I used to be, though. Some of the new special stages are kicking my ass still, and I've been having problems with some of the bosses.