• Announcements

• Chrom

Introducing Clubs for Ninfora   07/27/17

Hello everyone.   Clubs are here for Ninfora! Join a club or start one of your own and build something new. Read this topic for more info.
Sign in to follow this  
purple_beard

Sonic Mania CE unboxed

Posted (edited)

Wow, didn't know it would effectively be full scale (or close to it. Talking about the Genesis console, of course.). Thought it would about half scale for that price. Wished I preordered it.

Edited by avalonknight

IU    92

I shouldn't buy this, but I'm so tempted. My employer has the item and I've had the chance to look it over. Seems awesome, just don't know if I want to actually go for it considering Sonic Mania has not really been on my radar as far as upcoming Switch releases go.

Posted (edited)

I know the feeling (Got a huge figure collection). At least for me, it's more historical/nostalgic in a different manner (grew up with Nintendo in the 90s). Like, hey, here is a giant Collector's Edition of a Nintendo Switch game, oh look! It's Sonic proudly standing on a Sega Genesis! Yes, Sonic has been on the console since the Gamecube days, but to have a statue of it...yeah.

Edited by avalonknight

Can't wait to get mine I was expecting a small but good quality figure not that big but I'll take it. This will make up for me losing (techincally stolen) Sonic Generation CE Modern Sonic & Classic Sonic Statue.

My Sonic Mania Switch CE has finally shipped but won't get it till Thursday so I double dipped and got the PS4 version to play at midnight. Still wish there was a physical cartridge/disc.

5 hours ago, Juanblue85 said:

My Sonic Mania Switch CE has finally shipped but won't get it till Thursday so I double dipped and got the PS4 version to play at midnight. Still wish there was a physical cartridge/disc.

Yes would have loved to see a physical version for the Switch. Not sure why they didn't do something like that.

1 hour ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

Yes would have loved to see a physical version for the Switch. Not sure why they didn't do something like that.

Its just odd man Its obvious from what people saw this game was going to sell and look how well it is reviewing. It should have been obvious that this should have had a physical release.

At the moment, I really want this game; just not sure whether to get the Switch or PS4 version.

(The portability of Switch is of little consequence to me.)

12 minutes ago, Juanblue85 said:

Its just odd man Its obvious from what people saw this game was going to sell and look how well it is reviewing. It should have been obvious that this should have had a physical release.

Especially with the beautiful artwork. Maybe in time there will be one. But either way I'm not waiting for that to happen.

I've never been a huge Sonic fan but that CE actually looks pretty awesome. Almost makes me want to get one just for that and the game sounds like it will be pretty fun to boot. Wish I had paid more attention to this earlier on, I might have grabbed it.

Downloaded and started playing some of the game yesterday. It's really great so far! Kinda funny how well muscle memory works, especially in terms of playing some of those special stages. I'm enjoying both the old and new stages, and the nods to all of the various old Sonic games as well.

I'm definitely not as good at this type of game as I used to be, though. Some of the new special stages are kicking my ass still, and I've been having problems with some of the bosses.