Curve Digital Bringing Multiple Games to Switch eShop

aknightsquest_screenshot1_jpg.jpg

Publisher Curve Digital has been busy the past two days showing support for the Switch. Yesterday they announced they are bringing the upcoming game A Knight's Quest, developed by Sky9 Games, to the Switch. In this action-adventure game you play as Rusty (above), a reluctant hero who sets out to save the kingdom from an ancient evil spirit–after he accidentally released it. The developers are drawing inspiration from Zelda and Metroid to create a grand but comical adventure packed with exploration and combat. A Knight's Quest is currently slated for release in 2018 on Switch, Steam, Xbox One, and PS4.

Today, Curve also announced two previously released games will be ported to the Switch. First up is The Flame in the Flood, a survival game developed by The Molasses Flood. You play as a young girl and her dog fighting to survive in the backwaters of a forgotten post-societal America. You'll explore a procedurally generated river to collect resources to keep you safe from wildlife and the coming rains. The game was released earlier this year on other systems; check out the trailer above from its PS4 release. The Flame in the Flood will release on Switch this October.

Second, there's Human: Fall Flat from developer No Brakes Games. This is an open-ended, physics-based puzzle game where you play as the builder Bob and help him resolve the mystery behind his recurring falling dreams. The game encourages creativity and lets the player interact with the surreal environment through realistic physics. Check out the trailer above from its original release to see a bit of the game in action. The game was originally released last year on other platforms and will be coming to the Switch later this year.

Curve Digital published some good stuff for the Wii U, I'm glad to see they're still showing support for Nintendo. I hadn't heard of these two previously released games before but you can find reviews and impressions on them since they've been out for a while. A Knight's Quest seems ambitious but I'd like to see another mini-adventure game in the style of Zelda.

The Flame in the Flood seems kind of neat.  But I hope it's not one of those survival games where if you die you have to start ALL over. I got Don't Starve on Wii U and while it's fun it's pretty difficult and if you die you DIE, that's it!  I think I managed to make it to my first winter one time and I didn't even survive it. I didn't even starve like the game says, I was killed!  But no seriously, it might be n00b tier but I prefer not to start all over when I die.  Let me continue from a certain point and learn from my mistakes to progress further from that point rather than way back from the beginning.

Yeah those "lose everything" games can be pretty discouraging. Usually I only like the ones that at least let you keep some degree of progress. I haven't played it but The Flame in the Flood is described as "rogue-lite" and by the sound of it you do retain some progress by restarting at predetermined checkpoints along the river, plus you can save a few items by storing them in your dog's pack. Hopefully that's enough to keep the game engaging.