Switch VC coming soon? - GCN game listings found on NOE's site

Doesn't mean anything because those pages have apparently been around forever, like since the Nintendo of Europe site's creation. Also there are licensed games like Harry Potter on there. I don't think Nintendo is realistically going to come out the gate with any GameCube Virtual Console like this when they can barely put out N64 games.

Seems strange that we got some DS VC, when logically GameCube VC should've been available as well. Still, my Wii's still working fine.  

Sorry, it's just I'm thinking about what happened a while ago. Digital might be the best option when our consoles will eventually bite the dust. It's not a matter of "if", but "when". Why not preserve memories of your favorite games by playing them without problems? 

... Then again, there's emulators too... But, those are often for barely working consoles and fan-translated games. 

Edited by XLW

I'm doubtful of a Gamecube Virtual Console ever coming to fruition. Nintendo doesn't like the Gamecube, and the system has little nostalgic mindshare unlike their consoles before it. And if Dolphin emulation has proven anything, creating accurate Gamecube emulation is very intensive. To even entertain the idea gives me the impression someone has no idea what they're talking about when it comes to emulation and Nintendo's standards on it.

... My mind is blown after seeing that phrase "Nintendo doesn't like the GameCube." 

Why? It had a good amount of games. Metroid Prime, Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Kirby's Air Ride, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Pokemon Colosseum, Tales of Symphonia, F-Zero GX (I think), Resident Evil 4, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, and so much more. It's kind of weird that they would consider it a failure.   

Is it because the PS2 sales? It would stink if the only reason we aren't getting ports for GameCube games is because the GameCube lost in sales. 

Edited by XLW
2 hours ago, XLW said:

... My mind is blown after seeing that phrase "Nintendo doesn't like the GameCube." 

Why? It had a good amount of games. Metroid Prime, Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Kirby's Air Ride, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Pokemon Colosseum, Tales of Symphonia, F-Zero GX (I think), Resident Evil 4, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, and so much more. It's kind of weird that they would consider it a failure.   

Is it because the PS2 sales? It would stink if the only reason we aren't getting ports for GameCube games is because the GameCube lost in sales. 

If you want a more recent equivalent, look no further than the WiiU. It features some of the best first-party software ever produced from Nintendo, but when it came to marketing the device, it was always a struggle. Despite their best efforts, Nintendo was never able to shake off the "kiddie" image that people had issues with (recall the "Cel-da" fiasco.) When the Wii proved to be a success, Nintendo dropped all support for the system and never looked back on it.

13 hours ago, Youngster Joey said:

Nintendo dropped all support for the system and never looked back on it.

That's what they do for every console when the new one comes out hello??
They literally built a Gamecube INTO THE WII and you think they didn't want to associate with it or something??