Samus Edition New Nintendo 3DS XL hardware arrives 9/15

This looks amazing. Had the chance to preorder it today on Gamestop's site but chose not to. I learned my lesson with the Majora's Mask one. It wound up staying in the box, (already have a regular new 3ds XL).  But yes for this being still $300 it was an easy pass for me. Don't blame anyone for picking it up though.

On 8/8/2017 at 3:29 PM, Juanblue85 said:

Of course you do. :P

I'll admit it looks damn nice and I just got a New Nintendo 2DS XL so I'll just pass on this one. (still looks damn nice :|)

I'm still rockin' the og Cosmo Black 3DS so I'm due for an upgrade, lol.  Though I was looking at the New 2DS XL as well but this... this changes er'rythang!

• Chrom featured this topic
On 8/9/2017 at 9:59 AM, Dancing Mog said:

Is $300 the price for those not in NA? Cause it is only listed for $200 on gamestop's website for me.

I'm not sure what the price of the New 2DS XL is, but if it's cheaper get it. The 3DS 3D is a total gimmick and I don't know anyone who still avidly uses 3D in their games. Heck- a ton of games don't even bother working in 3D anymore.

These things are easier when you break down for what you're paying, precisely.

So a New Nintendo 3DS XL Samus Edition costs USD$299.99. It is not bundled with any game, physically or digitally. The New Nintendo 2DS XL costs exactly half that much: USD$149.99.

Unless you care about the 3D feature, by buying the former, you are spending USD$150 more for a paint job. Even if you bought the New Nintendo 2DS XL and the special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns at once, you would still be saving roughly USD$100.

If you already have a New Nintendo 2DS or 3DS XL of any kind, then this is hardly even an argument.

Of course, as someone who used to collect vinyl records, still goes for collector's editions of most things, and made damn sure they got their New Nintendo 3DS XL Majora's Mask Edition, I can relate to the call of collector's items. If you're like me, then this will give you the warm fuzzies once the spending sting wears off.

If you're not like me, then take solace in your savings.

I don't know where you guys are getting $299.99 from. As far as I'm aware no 3DS model has ever cost that much at MSRP. The Samus Edition N3DSXL is currently listed on Nintendo's site at $199.99, which is the same price as a standard edition.

I agree that themed special editions should come with a game bundled but let's not exaggerate the scope of things here.

Now if you want to talk about weird pricing, how about the fact that the N3DSXL (including the Samus edition) does not come with an AC adapter but the N2DSXL does (and only costs $149.99). Why is that still a thing.

Yeah, if I remember right, my local gamestop (when I asked about it there earlier) mentioned the Samus themed 3DS being at $199.99, not $299.99, but didn't say anything in my last post since I wasn't 100% sure if I remembered the exact pricing.

Still not sure if I'm gonna get it either though, but yeah.

I already upgraded to a N3DS XL last year but I am a sucker for collector's editions for a series I really love and it will look great next to my ALBW 3DS XL and FE:A 3DS. I just wish I could have done in store pick-up and I am probably too late to order in store though I may get a chance to go out this week to check.

Also, yeah it is really stupid that Nintendo won't bundle the N3DS w/ an adapter but will on the N2DS though I still have 4 of them still so doesn't really bug me(got one each for my DSi, DSi XL, launch 3DS, FE: A 3DS and my ALBW 3DS but had to trade one in alongside my launch 3DS toward the N3DSXL).

Edited by Dancing Mog