Fire Emblem Cipher: Series 10

You thought it was Leif, but it was me, overused meme Hans! Glad to see he's finally getting a card.

If Apfonse is starting at 87 (which is pretty damn likely), there are two empty spaces after Hans for Fates still. At least one will be a mascot. Maybe Zola for the other? Or Human Anankos?

EDIT: I was going to edit this post to correct my typo of Alfonse's name, but the more I look at it, the more hilarious it is, so I'm keeping it.

Edited by Sonya

DHfYxSQUAAkGwoV.pngDHfYxSTVwAEBPlo.png

DHfYxSSUQAEnrUC.pngDHfYxSPUwAAuTJU.png

New special marker cards for next month have been posted: Clair, Delthea, Roy, and Mist!

I hope to watch the livestream as it airs this weekend. I haven't been doing so lately because I find myself too exhausted to stay up for it, but I'd like to change that.

Ah, you're finally going to be around to watch the stream live and I won't be here for it. hamcry; Hubby and I are going to Utrecht for the day for a housewarming party for my BIL and his girlfriend. I'll be timeshifting it to watch on Sunday for caps (and of course my own enjoyment).

Small detail but I like that Leif SR's second skill takes after the light of Zwei, which is actually a subject of very unknown background despite all the supplementary material released. So I think it's kind of cool to see it acknowledged again, though we'll probably never see it explained until FE Thracia 776 gets a remake. My understanding is that it's some kind of divine providence that guides Leif, though my guess is as good as anyone else's.

@Deen and I have been playing through Thracia and it's been a very fun experience. It really reminds me a lot of my first time playing FE at all. I have a vague idea of what I'm doing, but the game also keeps throwing me curveballs. I don't really know any of the characters so I make a lot of snap judgments on characters and it's fun to learn them and feel them out. Sometimes I'll see someone I know from Genealogy (we just did C7 yesterday so I was all "ohhey Hannibal") and it's kind of extra fun. But overall it's very exciting and I'm really have a blast with it, despite some of the annoying (missing a heal, really?) or obtuse mechanics.

The more I play it, the more I would love a remake of it (and Genealogy, of course). SoV has proved that they can translate esoteric mechanics into a modern FE game without changing/removing/nerfing them too much, and it would be a great opportunity to give these old characters and stories a facelift with modern art and an opportunity to delve deeper into the plot and lore (of which there certainly is a lot of, especially for Jugdral, and it's all fascinating).

And we'd get them in Cipher more, too! I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed. :P

Show just ended. Really enjoyed it. Not going to sum up the whole thing, but my favorite bits from it:

- The two new original characters were revealed and are to debut in the TCG this set: Alice and Valjean. Alice is a magical princess and Valjean is her knight vassal. Not sure if this means anything but their starting cards are colorless and framed exactly like the FE Heroes characters. Perhaps they hail from Zenith and could appear in that game's story?

- Ephraim, Garcia, Joshua, Innes, and the Bael monster were all confirmed for S11. The cards for the FE Sacred Stones characters will be purple and share the same symbol as the Elibe cast, but the cards are framed slightly differently to give them a Magvel flavor. The English name for the S11 booster is currently Glorious Twinstrike and will release December 7. We didn't see anything about FE Echoes or FE Warriors though.

- S10 saw confirmations of Veronica, Iago, Siegbert, Shiro, and various characters from FE Thracia 776. Each Kana is getting an SR. This will also be the first set with dual colored cards, utilizing two symbols at once. The new Shigure we've seen before will be one of them, and so will the aforementioned Kana SRs.

- S12 confirmed featured titles: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn (green), Awakening (blue), and Genealogy of the Holy War (yellow). No other info beyond this. We should see its release early next year.

Overall, a great show! Glad I got to watch it.

DID1h-dUIAAxFn4.png

Really like this joined art of Shigure and Azura. I feel it represents their ties well.

The new column update finally gives a proper introduction to Alice and Valjean, and a few new arts are shown off, especially for Series 11. Personally, of the ones featured, I find myself liking Ephraim's and Lianna's the most.

There's not going to be a starter deck for FE Sacred Stones next set, is there? I'm aware that they've only announced a booster so that's what I'm assuming.

Yeah, I honestly have trouble not seeing him as Ashnard instead since he also sort of resembles him there. But that's definitely Garcia promoted as a Warrior, with some kind of powerful axe in his possession. Maybe it's the Devil Axe?