Jump to content

Smash Saturdays


Recommended Posts

Yeah, for the round robin you don't need to order it from best to worst. I get it for PB's. It makes it easy at least for me to use top 6 and do that.

 

Just choose 6 fighters, that's all.

 

@purple_beard: Not halt on your part for next week, it appears your rushing this. (not to put the focus on the round robin tonight, it's not that hard get around but) Let's focus on tonight and do the drafting and the seeding into next week. We gave you the top 16 for now, just leave at that for now. Krazy just have to give you his.

Link to post
2 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Yeah, for the round robin you don't need to order it from best to worst. I get it for PB's. It makes it easy at least for me to use top 6 and do that.

 

Just choose 6 fighters, that's all.

 

@purple_beard: Not halt on your part for next week, it appears your rushing this. (not to put the focus on the round robin tonight, it's not that hard get around but) Let's focus on tonight and do the drafting and the seeding into next week. We gave you the top 16 for now, just leave at that for now. Krazy just have to give you his.

 

 

Duh..... as we don't have TKO playing.

 

But I got work, I got games to cover photography wise, and other stuff to do--I need the time to have to cobble it together into some kind of playable/usable format.

Link to post
4 hours ago, Eliwood8 said:

Yeah I'll use those top six tonight. Although now that I'm looking at my list I want to shuffle the characters around—this is the problem with ranking things like this for me!

 

 

Yeah, I am thinking about condensing to a T6....  Like my T3-4 feel about right.... its those last two when set to 6... who would I sub out...

Link to post
5 hours ago, DLurkster said:

No pairs like I see you doing, just 6 fighters as said. If you win a round you stay as that fighter till you lose. I see why it seem like you were confused, it is easier to probably explain this as Squad mode here. Except your not losing a stock to change character. I was wonder even with my explanation, what you still weren't getting but you mind was still rapped up in pairings. Not saying to trust me PB but to open your mind, when someone breaks things down in two ways to get what is going on. You were still trying to get my tourney setup but still had nugget of pair from your. Let go and interpret what is explained to you.

 

?????

 

You were making things overly complicated.

 

Also, if you are doing a NCAA or NBA or NFL or whatever playoff bracket a Team wins a Team loses.  But we don't have 32/64 individual participants--we have 4 participants playing multiple characters.  It'd be like a NBA playoff bracket but you are the head coach of 4 teams instead of 1.  To divvy up evenly over a bracket I was needing a good way to construct the initial bracket.

 

And again, there were two ways I saw something working.... player/fighter vs player fighter via seeds and brackets OR just going with the roster in a 1-32/64 seeding bracket and since that was based at the fighter level only--we'd pick matchups we'd like to take and at that point it would be a fighter/player pair.

 

I don't really get what is blowing your mind about this. My real concern was just allowing for everyone to have a even shot at the start, because after matches start going down there would be eliminations.

Link to post
1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

 

 

Duh..... as we don't have TKO playing.

 

But I got work, I got games to cover photography wise, and other stuff to do--I need the time to have to cobble it together into some kind of playable/usable format.

 

33 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

 

?????

 

You were making things overly complicated.

 

Also, if you are doing a NCAA or NBA or NFL or whatever playoff bracket a Team wins a Team loses.  But we don't have 32/64 individual participants--we have 4 participants playing multiple characters.  It'd be like a NBA playoff bracket but you are the head coach of 4 teams instead of 1.  To divvy up evenly over a bracket I was needing a good way to construct the initial bracket.

 

And again, there were two ways I saw something working.... player/fighter vs player fighter via seeds and brackets OR just going with the roster in a 1-32/64 seeding bracket and since that was based at the fighter level only--we'd pick matchups we'd like to take and at that point it would be a fighter/player pair.

 

I don't really get what is blowing your mind about this. My real concern was just allowing for everyone to have a even shot at the start, because after matches start going down there would be eliminations.

Just gonna snagged these together because they relate to the same thing.

 

I figured you'd say life of your week would get in the way of planning and why you suggested tonight. Well it's tonight right now. I or no one will assume what goes on in your week of life but want to do something, you will find the time to do it. Sorry if that came off like I don't know how long it can take.

 

Now for our tourney explanation, don't mean to say but I'm gonna, you are deflecting what I said is confusing you to say your tourney setup is confusion me. The only thing that confuses me and I am being honest is the drafting one you have the character set for either 32 players or 64. As I mentioned before I don't know how long it will take to do that but there will be time, if you find the time.

 

Again, I don't know what think is complicated with my round robin setup, I explained the players, fighters, rounds and phase. Again I get where you are coming from win team and lose team if were doing it your way tonight with 4 players but it is not so that's that with fighters going down when you lose a match you move on to your next fighter of 6. As I mentioned it is like the squad team thing in Ultimate where each character takes a stock, only tonight it is organic with picking the next character one loses after a match.

 

Let's not take this any further than this is and just play tonight, that is all and have fun.

Link to post

So I need 16 characters?

 

  1. King K. Rool
  2. Bowser Jr.
  3. Robin
  4. Pokemon Trainer
  5. Pikachu
  6. Wolf
  7. Ike
  8. Donkey Kong
  9. Roy
  10. Lucario
  11. Wario
  12. Sonic
  13. Mewtwo
  14. Mii Swordfighter
  15. Ryu
  16. Toon Link

 

I dropped by since I was finished playing the Star Fox Starlink DLC and Star Fox 2 (Normal Playthrough). You'd think a Cooldown Saturday game wouldn't frustrate you, that being Starlink. Mainly wanted to kill some time on Smash before ending the stream. Guess I'll figure out how this setup works on Saturday.

Link to post

Ok, with everyone's T16 locked in now

 

I am locking the opponents out and it will us, the Core Four.

 

@TKrazyO @DLurkster @Eliwood8

 

I will have a T8 and a T16 bracket up and created in the next few days.  Basically, once Amiibo theme is done or we cut it down from first hour we can move on with matchups,

 

As of this time it will be 4m time + SD for rounds.  You play your character till they lose.

 

*IF we end up up in a scenario where the same characters face off use alt colors.

 

*IF we end up in a scenario where you face yourself then YOU proper takes the higher seed character OR picks prefered character and picks the person to play the other.  Whichever character wins the person continues with their own choice that won the match.

Link to post

@DLurkster

 

Based on this quote:

"

Here goes: you have these 8 I said already but here it is slightly changed up: Link, Byleth, Hero, Young Link, Snake, Yoshi, Kirby, and Roy. The other 8 are: Roy, Chrom, Dark Samus, King Dedede, Bayonetta, Olimar, and Fox.

"

 

You list has issues:

 

Listed Roy twice.

That adds up to 14, not 16.

Link to post

@purple_beard: My bad PB, I realize my list of 6 then I had to list 8 was just any characters I played with so I in my head I tried to rank them and I end up putting in Roy twice on the other 8 half. Replace that Roy with on the 2nd half with Lucina that is what I meant to put there. Should fix things now.

 

It also appears we're going with T32 tournament then the T64. I don't think need assistance drafting for 32 player, if it was 64 I would offer to do half. It's not that I need to, it is just I want to do that. As for the amiibo theme that is doable with overall time and 4 minute time limit but to be safe as I said doing T64 would most like be over 2hrs, doing an hour or less of amiibo theme is a little haphazard to just throw in as I said that this type of tourney setup could be long even with T32. To be on safe side, just do tourney and that is all. The amiibo theme doesn't have to be the same night. We're doing this tourney setup a week after you wanted, the amiibo theme can wait after Smashdown after next week as I mentioned before.

 

If you see that that making the brackets there is time to do both by all means but as I said to be safe on time don't push it. Also, tho it makes no difference who makes the arena this Saturday, I suggest you make it as you'll be the one tracking win teams and lose teams. I feel it is better that way. Your call bud.

Link to post
2 hours ago, DLurkster said:

@purple_beard: My bad PB, I realize my list of 6 then I had to list 8 was just any characters I played with so I in my head I tried to rank them and I end up putting in Roy twice on the other 8 half. Replace that Roy with on the 2nd half with Lucina that is what I meant to put there. Should fix things now.

 

 

Lucina in for double roy gives you 15.  You need one more to make 16.

Link to post
1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

Lucina in for double roy gives you 15.  You need one more to make 16.

I get what you are saying if I can't use Roy at all but Roy is in the first 8 and Lucina is the other, how does that make 15?

 

Here the revised listed list compared to what I gave you: Link, Byleth, Hero, Young Link, Snake, Yoshi, Kirby, and Roy. The other 8 are: Lucina, Chrom, Dark Samus, King Dedede, Bayonetta, Olimar, and Fox.

 

Link, Byleth, Hero, Young Link, Snake, Yoshi, Kirby, and Roy. The other 8 are: Roy, Chrom, Dark Samus, King Dedede, Bayonetta, Olimar, and Fox.

 

So explain to me how the top is 15 characters when I said in the post above replace the Roy in of the latter 8 with Lucina?

Link to post

Literally just count them out, dude. You only put seven characters in your "other 8".

 

Edit: Oh yeah I was also going to say, I'm pretty sure we went through about 30 4-minute matches this past weekend, so even a 32 character tournament would pretty much take all night. Probably wouldn't have time to do an amiibo theme as well.

Edited by Eliwood8
Link to post

That's embarrassing again. I tend to overcounts things if I am not careful that and when I count Dark Samus in my mind I counted that as 8 in the other. Not an excuse I know but I know that about myself. Sorry.

 

So here I go again:

 

1. Link

2. Byleth

3. Hero

4. Young Link

5. Snake.

6. Yoshi

7. Kirby

8. Roy

9. Lucina

10. Chrom

11. Shulk

12. Dark Samus

13. King Dedede

14. Bayonetta

15. Olimar

16. Fox

Link to post

OK, I have generated the 1-16 Bracket, I want to preview/review it to make sure I didn't make any mistakes but to that end, before I post it....

 

@TKrazyO @Eliwood8 @DLurkster

 

Make sure these are correct for yourselves.  I'll give everyone till 12am Wednesday to make any changes to their rankings, other wise come Wednesday I will post the bracket

 

Krazy   PB Eli   DL    
1. King K. Rool #1 ROB 1 - Dark Samus 1 Link  
2. Bowser Jr. #2 Bowser 2 - Wii Fit Trainer 2 Byleth  
3. Robin   #3 Terry 3 -Marth   3 Hero  
4. Pokemon Trainer #4 Pac Man 4 - Hero   4 Young Link
5. Pikachu #5 Incenroar 5 - Little Mac 5 Snake  
6. Wolf   #6 Corrin 6 - Byleth   6 Yoshi  
7. Ike   #7 Roy 7 - Robin   7 Kirby  
8. Donkey Kong #8 Dark Pit 8 - Inkling 8 Roy  
9. Roy   9) Min Min 9 - Pyra/Mythra 9 Lucina  
10. Lucario 10) Mr. Game & Watch 10 - Greninja 10 Chrom  
11. Wario   11) Sonic 11 - Zelda   11 Skulk  
12. Sonic   12) Banjo 12 - Chrom 12 Daqrk Samus
13. Mewtwo 13) Marth 13 - Peach 13 King DeDeDe
14. Mii Swordfighter 14) Ridley 14 - Sephiroth 14 Bayonetta
15. Ryu   15) Richter 15 - Pit   15 Olimar  
16. Toon Link 16) Young Link

16 - Captain Falcon

 

16 Fox

 

 

 

 

 

 

@TKrazyO

If you want I can email you the Excell version of the brackets if you want to make a custom bracket for the stream and/or use logos or whatever you want to do.

 

One design idea that floated into my mind was since I am naming each Regional after each of us, you could use a pic of our #1 seeds as the background  picture to our "quadrant" and maybe have a Smash Ball in the center for the final two.

 

 

*************

*************

 

I am willing to dial down the matchups to a 8 seed only bracket but I will have to redo how the seeds interact at the outset of the bracket.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...