Smash Saturdays: 10p

It seems tonight is okay with those can make it.

47 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

I had to book 3 nights so I am out till Monday night.

I had feeling with the long that might happen. Have fun!

Since most will be busy on Monday, might as well just come in for the next Saturday as that will be the next Smashdown for the month. The week before E3 and all. It will be worth it!

So the plan going forward with the videos will be two separate viewings. One will be the full stream session as it was available on Twitch as a [Highlight] so it's saved on that page. The other will be the edited version on YouTube that will become the Highlight video for that night. The YouTube video will feature several matches and maybe clips from matches not featured if they're available before editing starts. I'll try to get Highlight videos under 50 minutes. It is to lower the video run times, gives people a taste of what they'll see on stream and to maybe get more views for the Smash videos in general. The Iron Man Smashdown Challenge doesn't fall under this rule and will still be available in full on YouTube!

If you can think of some matches (or remember any) that you enjoyed playing in or watching that you'd like included in the video, feel free to share them by 5pm Eastern on Monday. Standard inclusions will or may be the 1st, Last Matches and specific player wins.

The full Smash Saturday stream session on Twitch will be published by itself on Mondays.

Smash Saturday Highlights will be up on Tuesdays.

Iron Man Challenges will be up on Wednesdays. (Will be difficult with my DKC 2 videos being in rotation currently on Wednesday and Friday)

I think that's it for now.

Last night match-wise there were fun matches but in my case a lot of BS losses due to how certain people played or just them being good.

Edit

Going through the entire session I did tally the wins for everyone that played.

There were 30 matches total. One I got d/c'd from which happened to be one of Eliwood's wins (Pikmin 3 stage). So I'm thinking 10 matches for the video. This is what I currently have it narrowed down to.

1st Match- DL won

Giocentric's win

Hyena's win

Dee's win

Last Match- My 2nd win

Which does leave 5 matches to add. I'd like to have a win for everyone involved which would leave 2 matches to add after the fact.

That is all I have to add at the moment.

Edited by TKrazyO

I'll have to check when I get home and that won't be until around 5 today. I'll tag you when I get the actual estimate.

I already separated every match excluding the d/c I had with one. Think all of that adds to 2 hr 15 min for 29 matches which estimates to around 5 minutes per match. I think most matches are either over 5 or in the 4 1/2 minute range so it makes sense. That might take the video to a little over 50 minutes. We'll see with the estimate after work.

Edit:

@DLurkster

Opened the editing software and saw that the length of the 29 total matches was 2hr 41m making the estimated match times almost 6 minutes each. Only 2 matches break that length with a majority being in the 5 or 4 minute margin. Went ahead and picked the rest of the matches having watched a few to choose between. Just the 10 matches by themselves is 48 minutes without the bells and whistles. Afterwards it'll likely be in the 50 minute range. That will be up tomorrow!

Edited by TKrazyO

Here is the Highlights video!

If you would like to see the full session, it will be in this spoiler tag.

Spoiler

The Iron Man Challenge will still be the 2 hour video on YouTube. This will just apply to regular Smash Saturdays. It'll just be tough picking the matches.

I have seen PB post and I forgot he wasn't at last weeks' Smash Saturday and hoped he will make it to this Smashdown. (the week before E3)

Well, at least this time we have some sort of timeframe as opposed to no access to a Switch. We have had multiple Smashdown in one month, E3 shouldn't affect next week but for me I'll be on high hype to play Smash. (tho by that point Nintendo wouldn't have present yet) Let's do this, if PB doesn't show past 10:30pm we stop the Smashdown in session and go back to a regular arena. If he shows up before 10:30pm let us proceed, he would of at least missed 3 matches top and one of them would be random. Let's play by ear as PB says, 'if he shows up, he shows up'.

If worse comes to worse we can do the Smashdown next week, pending any further scheduling conflicts. Sigh* Begrudgingly at the expense of any E3 hype I will have for that day.

If we're doing this without PB just let it be known that with 3 of us, it will go from 21 matches to 28. It could go longer or be even shorter but we can maybe discuss that when it's time. I wouldn't mind pushing it back unless it gets in the way of E3 presentations you might want to see.

When I made the post, I realized today we'll have uneven number of participants vs fighters, outside of the time, we have to vote in end who using which characters at the end. I don't mind if that must be done but as I said we have had more than on Smashdown per month.

I'll say this now to be clear, there will be no Smashdown tonight, next week there will be a Smashdown regardless if anyone us regulars doesn't show up (I've let go of whatever hype that may befall that day) Now as for another Smashdown, I have feeling we're gonna see a release of another Smash fighter this month so like I did for Sephiroth, there will be another Smashdown. Obviously if a new fighters isn't released, there won't be another.

Wait a minute....If Hyena jumped in tonight or next week, (if a player was missing) we would have 4 players. Would @TheBarkinHyena join in on either occasion?

Last night was a good night.

Getting wins with CF and Corrin were a bit surprising. (moreso so for CF)

Next as planned is the Iron Man Smashdown Challenge#6; for the special one, (if a new character is released this month) I wanna add some new item in play for the night? Maybe medium setting with Starman on. I feel this will have a similar effect like the S-Flag, where everybody scrambles to get one but of course just to be invincible for a few seconds.

Anyone got any other suggestions of items we can use for the night?

That sounds a bit much, PB. I get that with another new character and the point of the Smashdown is to go thru roster but less is more seems to be the better touch.

Whenever we added items for a theme night, it is a few or just a specific one; it makes for manageable night and not all out chaos.

Unless, those who usually participate feel the same as you to have all items, we can go for it. Me personally just seems too much new fighter in roster that is complete for a few months till we do get the final fighter in this game.

I'm fine with turning items on. I was actually going to mention that it's been a while since we did anything like items or Final Smashes. The best way to ring in a new fighter might be items on with just normal rules, 'cause if we do Smashdown there'll only be one match all night that features the new character. If it's a normal free-for-all we could all try out the new character all night.