Smash Saturdays: 10p

1 hour ago, Marxforever said:

Yeah, good stuff, man. Too bad it was super laggy last night.

I think I  prefer Cloud of the three. Actually I've been using Cloud a lot lately. He's got some really good aerials. You can be kind of an ass with those Uair juggles if you, it's a solid attack. And Limits are always super satisfying to land, especially Cross Slash. I like Corrin too, (s)he's got an interesting moveset. Tap b once, then quickly hold be is one of my favorite techniques, if you can land the stun, it's effectively a Falcon Punch that you charge while you're opponent is stunned. I love doing that.

Bayonetta's a ton of fun too. I like her emphasis on air combos. Whether it's Marvel Vs. Capcom, Kingdom Heart or Castle Crashers, air combos are always a blast. But I do think she's a little much still, even post nerf. Those 0 to deaths are disgusting. It'd be a easy fix too. Just make it so her aerials can't KO off the upper blast line. That way she could still wreck you in the air, and use it to build up damage, but it's not an instant win. She still has to land a finisher or go for the more difficult, and riskier, side blast lines.

Yeah...

I liked each character on their own and Cloud and Bayonetta's stages are two of the best in the game.  IMO, Bayonetta's stage really shines with the 3D on the 3DS.

Corrin: up attack with the "water dragon" is great.  I like the forward attack with the lance like action and you are spinning.  I also like the split attack where you are kicking one way and stabbing with the sword forward.  I find myself also being a fan of the lance into the ground and then being able to power swing left or right.  The stunning fireballs are a cool addition too.  As much as I didn't want another FE character Corrin's move set is so different from any of the FE characters already there as well as anyone else's that I appreciate the uniqueness.

Cloud: I genuinely like his repertoire of moves.  I need to play him more to get more adept in how to use him though.

Bayonetta: I like what she can do in terms of her move set but I think I need to play her more to get better acclimated to how she does everything. 

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

I’m good to go for some Smash. I’ll be in the Discord if anyone is ready. 

2 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I'm in Discord and I'll be on VC

My cousin is here too so you might hear him.

Will be trading controls, since I think there's no 2 player set up for battle arena.

Ok,... just got home and I will head on....