purple_beard

Smash Saturdays Returns!

I propose a theme, sort of.

The Wii U/3DS Smash tournament is going on in Ultimate where you can only use characters from that game. So we only use character that were in that game tonight. That includes the DLC fighters from that game as well. The stages as well too.

Unironically, it will be named, 'Ultimate Showdown!'

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

I propose a theme, sort of.

The Wii U/3DS Smash tournament is going on in Ultimate where you can only use characters from that game. So we only use character that were in that game tonight. That includes the DLC fighters from that game as well. The stages as well too.

Unironically, it will be named, 'Ultimate Showdown!'

Fine with me.

I'm going on early for some randoms.

All I remember from the night is James and his quick reads on any opponent and also how his random character pick were point with what their toolkit. I think his quick read just helps is random character picks.

That's all I want comment on the matches because that is what stands out the most.

GGs.

My Ganon and Sonic did some good work tonight and DP and Corrin did do well at the end IMO.

Most of my suck was tied to poor decisions....grrrr.

I was really surprised how bad Duck Hunt and Ryu did for me as I did pretty well with both in the last game but granted I haven't played them that much in this version because I like others better now.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, winning is more or less the theme but I was thinking to do the iron man challenge with full roster again.

I recall PB and I doing this just before the release of Ultimate on Smash for Wii U and again on Ultimate.

So the idea is if anyone of us as friends choose a character, in the next match none of us can use that character again till there's no more fighters to use. So this takes communication to say which character one is gonna use and memory as well because this usually between 1v1 so if there's 3 or 4 of us doing this, along with communicating, we also have to remember what character the anyone else pick up in the same round when you picked a character. So for example in a round we have Fox, Wolf, Toon Link and Sheik. We all have remember from that round that none of use can use those characters for the rest of the night. Of course as I said to prevent 2 ppl picking up same character in round that haven't played, we need to state the character we're gonna use. I know it sounds a little irksome but versus 1v1 this way will go mus faster. Also any randoms that come in the rules don't apply to them, nor do we need to memorize the character they use so we don't use it. That will be too much to remember and there's chance they may stick with a character for more than one fight or may choose the same in round you fight with.

So again communicate the character about to be use after each round and memorized what character was used in a round. Rinse and repeat.

EDIT: If you guys are smart, you'd choose Link right away. That's another strategy with Iron Man to choose your opponents best character first before they do saving them last, if one is lucky to have that chance. That's something to keep in mind.

Edited by DLurkster

I'd say was tonight was a resounding success of the Iron Man Challenge/Smashdown.

I'm glad I kept track which character was being used but I'd say we all had some good memory of who was used, it was just remember when in the night to make sure who was used like me and the Miiswordfighter and Pac-Man being used by Eli tonight.

GGs.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, good games.  I just had some WTF moments on the winning and losing side of the equation.  Luckily I played characters I'm mostly familiar with in some regards.

But I swear, what is ticking me off is MF*RS that show up and camp, don't try to really play, and then pull disconnect BS to ruin matches for others.

Ohh, its possible my laptop issues could have been Dell firmware updates from a few days ago I hadn't done....  I did those the last hour or so but I hope that is all it is.  I'm not really in the mood to laptop hunt.

Edited by purple_beard

It was pretty interesting as it ended up getting to the bottom of the barrel. Wouldn't mind doing Smashdown more!

So Hyena checked our first match and confirmed that PB was in fact Pac-Man!

Okay, I've been thinking about how to implement a Iron Man challenge for a more streamline experience and also where it doesn't out stay its welcome.

We do this once a month, every first Saturday of the month and to ensure that the experience is streamline for all, we make the arena friends only. This makes it easier for us to to keep the rif raft out and to communicate with ppl who come on to these nights, like Surge, Eil, Marx, and Raikou. That way with all these guys we're friends with here and on Discord, to better state who is using which character on Discord.

I'll make the arena up to 8 players that night only for friends so if anyone on Krazy's stream wants to hop in can either of us a FR to get in the arena, if there's room.

Also to make for bragging rights and I should of done this last night, Not only will I keep track of what characters are used but who wins each round. The one who wins the most rounds of the challenge gets to brag for the month that they won Ultimate Iron Man Challenge on Ninfora!

The next Iron Man Challenge will be on September 5th and we will call that Iron Man Challenge #1. We can all spread the word by mention here who wants to be part of the challenge and who available day of or week leading up to the challenge to give ppl notice. (That part is trial in progress of notice)

So what do you guys think?

7 hours ago, TKrazyO said:

It was pretty interesting as it ended up getting to the bottom of the barrel. Wouldn't mind doing Smashdown more!

So Hyena checked our first match and confirmed that PB was in fact Pac-Man!

I believe Pac Man was my first choice and on the Mario Maker stage.

Thanks for having me last night, it was fun getting back into Smash a bit! I might try to get back into joining in more regularly; I'll post if I'm going to be on.

I must've joined during the second or third match 'cause I don't remember seeing Pac-Man or the Mario Maker stage, sorry about that.

7 hours ago, Eliwood8 said:

Thanks for having me last night, it was fun getting back into Smash a bit! I might try to get back into joining in more regularly; I'll post if I'm going to be on.

I must've joined during the second or third match 'cause I don't remember seeing Pac-Man or the Mario Maker stage, sorry about that.

Tuesdays @ 9, Saturdays @ 10

Don't sing it, bring it.

9 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Okay, I've been thinking about how to implement a Iron Man challenge for a more streamline experience and also where it doesn't out stay its welcome.

We do this once a month, every first Saturday of the month and to ensure that the experience is streamline for all, we make the arena friends only. This makes it easier for us to to keep the rif raft out and to communicate with ppl who come on to these nights, like Surge, Eil, Marx, and Raikou. That way with all these guys we're friends with here and on Discord, to better state who is using which character on Discord.

I'll make the arena up to 8 players that night only for friends so if anyone on Krazy's stream wants to hop in can either of us a FR to get in the arena, if there's room.

Also to make for bragging rights and I should of done this last night, Not only will I keep track of what characters are used but who wins each round. The one who wins the most rounds of the challenge gets to brag for the month that they won Ultimate Iron Man Challenge on Ninfora!

The next Iron Man Challenge will be on September 5th and we will call that Iron Man Challenge #1. We can all spread the word by mention here who wants to be part of the challenge and who available day of or week leading up to the challenge to give ppl notice. (That part is trial in progress of notice)

So what do you guys think?

Yeah, I know I make long winded post from time to time but this is sort of important about the doing the Iron Man Challenge every first Saturday of the month to keep things fresh. Friends only arena along with overall round wins to brag they won the challenge for the month.

What do you guys think?

3 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Yeah, I know I make long winded post from time to time but this is sort of important about the doing the Iron Man Challenge every first Saturday of the month to keep things fresh. Friends only arena along with overall round wins to brag they won the challenge for the month.

What do you guys think?

If we can consistently get 3-4 then it runs smoother.

I mean, you guys can tell I like to rotate through a good size group anyways.