Smash Saturdays: 10p

@DLurkster

@TKrazyO

WOW....10p -1:50am of nothing but Smashing.

Asian Ike was NASTY.

Nobody with his roster was NASTY as well.

The only two characters of mine I use a lot that could fight the lag and the competition were Terry and ROB.  I think I did ok considering.  Actually, my Inceniroar didn't fare too bad.  But man, nearly everyone else I tried just struggled too much with the lag and it being 4p.

Shout out to Mario Kart Skelly for showing up.

Not sure if I like the anyone rules but it is more fun having a full roster to go against......  but also, in those scenarios I think certain characters are better at handling 3 opponents versus a 1v1 or a 1v1v1.

Hmm, I would play as Dr. Mario for satire reasons but despite my performance with Mario earlier this week to me that Mario just suck with me. It's not only that he is slower but his recovery is so gimped compared to Marios'. So I'll play him with once and see how it goes.

2 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Hmm, I would play as Dr. Mario for satire reasons but despite my performance with Mario earlier this week to me that Mario just suck with me. It's not only that he is slower but his recovery is so gimped compared to Marios'. So I'll play him with once and see how it goes.

I'm no play as Dr. Mario fan....

I was think of not going public with the arena but I will even without Krazy.

It wouldn't be fair to the theme to close off to friends, it's called pandemic for reason, let's fight this thing tonight!

Little change to the setup, will have stage selected but hazards will be off. Same 3 stock, 7 minutes. The only item that will be on is smash ball on low and instead of turning on the FS meter.

Man, that Dr. Mario theme actually went pretty well I thought.  I took me an hour to get into his vibe....  and I kind of figured him out a little more than I had prior.  I don't think I'm ready to bust him out in our normal matches though, although now I don't feel as screwed if I played him.

But, @DLurkster @TKrazyO

Spoiler

WE might have to watch out on kids getting in....  it was fine for about the first 10m or so then....

Just now, DLurkster said:

Man, tonight was just off and I guess I was onto something not coming on VC. Those kids from Krazy stream were just off putting.

Tonight wasn't all bad just had bad and good moments, mixed overall.

The lag was HORRID that first hour and a half... and when it hit, it hit hard....

Yeah, I'll just stop giving them the Discord info. Was done with them when that one guy in the background dropped the n-word. On the stream side I should've restarted my computer beforehand because looking back on the replay earlier, the quality was garbage throughout. I doubt it was because my niece was watching Netflix since that usually doesn't affect anything but with my download speed being throttled from 50 to under 10mbps, anything could be causing it. Weird thing was, the frame rate of the game through my computer didn't seem lower than usual. All in all, I should've rebooted.

Match-wise, if it wasn't laggy it was fun for the most part. Hated that K. Rool Cannon tactic.

1 hour ago, TKrazyO said:

Yeah, I'll just stop giving them the Discord info. Was done with them when that one guy in the background dropped the n-word. On the stream side I should've restarted my computer beforehand because looking back on the replay earlier, the quality was garbage throughout. I doubt it was because my niece was watching Netflix since that usually doesn't affect anything but with my download speed being throttled from 50 to under 10mbps, anything could be causing it. Weird thing was, the frame rate of the game through my computer didn't seem lower than usual. All in all, I should've rebooted.

Match-wise, if it wasn't laggy it was fun for the most part. Hated that K. Rool Cannon tactic.

A FEW THINGS IF SATURDAY STAYS AS PUBLIC.

*If we some how conjure via streaming regulars to the time slot then maybe have a way to PM/DM them and say to them that if they like it they can join more officially with the voice chat discord stuff.  But maybe say its got to be like 3-4 weeks in a row or say 3 out of 5 weeks....   I don't think opening it up to one offs is a good idea.   How can you PM/DM those viewer-players?

*Is there a way to boot chatters once they join?  I heard you telling them to stop and what not...

The lag in parts got really bad....  but I don't know what all factors into that as DL and I had about 5 after party matches and it was fairly lag free,  but obviously there was about 30m +/- where the lag was really bad.

Yeah, my man's K Rool tactic was cheap, but I can agree with him that yeah, its a part of his move set to do it LOL.  I had just never ran into someone doing it.  I think I'd avoid it / go against it better now that I have experienced it.

I think I've seen that K. Rool tactic as poor form of sportsmanship in pro matches because it awfully looked familiar. Also, that player kept choosing omega stages so his K. Rool can do that neutral b move on the underside of the stage. I also seen him SD himself twice, which isn't a lot since like 95% he recovers and 70% of that he gets a kill.

@TKrazyO: Didn't feel like VC that night, I knew something was off, plus I wasn't doing it from my phone it was my laptop. My mic is busted on there anyways so I can't speak on it. So I missed when one of the miscreants said the n-word. The volume on my laptop on the loudest is not that loud, I did hear you say we don't use that language here, if I knew I would be turned off as well, in a way I'm glad I didn't hear it.

4 hours ago, purple_beard said:

A FEW THINGS IF SATURDAY STAYS AS PUBLIC.

*If we some how conjure via streaming regulars to the time slot then maybe have a way to PM/DM them and say to them that if they like it they can join more officially with the voice chat discord stuff.  But maybe say its got to be like 3-4 weeks in a row or say 3 out of 5 weeks....   I don't think opening it up to one offs is a good idea.   How can you PM/DM those viewer-players?

*Is there a way to boot chatters once they join?  I heard you telling them to stop and what not...

The lag in parts got really bad....  but I don't know what all factors into that as DL and I had about 5 after party matches and it was fairly lag free,  but obviously there was about 30m +/- where the lag was really bad.

Yeah, my man's K Rool tactic was cheap, but I can agree with him that yeah, its a part of his move set to do it LOL.  I had just never ran into someone doing it.  I think I'd avoid it / go against it better now that I have experienced it.

I can see only inviting regulars if they happen to play more than 3 - 5 weeks in a row. Not doing so if they pester me about it. The only way I can think of PM/DM is if they either have Discord or Twitter. On Discord I'm not about looking for people on there. About booting, that's probably an admin power. Best we could do is just muting them.

40 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I think I've seen that K. Rool tactic as poor form of sportsmanship in pro matches because it awfully looked familiar. Also, that player kept choosing omega stages so his K. Rool can do that neutral b move on the underside of the stage. I also seen him SD himself twice, which isn't a lot since like 95% he recovers and 70% of that he gets a kill.

@TKrazyO: Didn't feel like VC that night, I knew something was off, plus I wasn't doing it from my phone it was my laptop. My mic is busted on there anyways so I can't speak on it. So I missed when one of the miscreants said the n-word. The volume on my laptop on the loudest is not that loud, I did hear you say we don't use that language here, if I knew I would be turned off as well, in a way I'm glad I didn't hear it.

I noticed that it kept picking Final Destination near the end and that got old fast. The tactic is an easy tell and won't work against projectile characters, but I wasn't that patient last night as I kept dying off first near the end. When I heard "that word" I was just done with them. I don't mind cussing, PB does it all the time and we're all adults here. My vids/streams aren't aimed at kids yet we had a bunch join the lobby. I don't cuss or use "that word" even though I'm black. It made me change my mind on a few things. You never know what you'll get. For one Skelly you get 2 or 3 of those kids from last night. So that was that.