Smash Saturdays: 10p

Thanks for the heads up, Eli.

I'm not that drawn into Persona 5 Strikers and mt BD II won't be delivered til Tuesday so I am down for a Pokemon theme. I might play the whole night as Pokemon.

I know that feeling when you could or should take a break from one game to play another, that happened recently with Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity back when we were still playing Ultimate on Tuesday, I just couldn't put down that game to play Ultimate for a while. Right now is not that time where the pull is strong yet.

My thoughts:

Theme went fine.

My Mewtwo play was below my expectations

My Pikachu, aka Raiden, was pretty damn decent considering this might have been the 3rd time in a year I have used Pikachu.

Pichu was hit and miss for me.

Inceneroar, a character I am normally excellent with didn't come out to well...

Greninja was ok, I swear I vibed with him better in 4 for whatever reason.

Jiggs...well I hate her....so I'm neither here nor there from those matches

Pokemon Trainer was some of the better play I have had with him in a while.

While I pretty much said so above, the Canes were up 3-2 late 3rd then the Panthers tied it and it went to OT... then no one scored in OT...then the shootout ran to the 6th frame to determine the winner.  Of note, the service was kind of slow all night where I went and the jacked up part was the place is a Carolina Hurricanes sponsor but somehow they didn't have the game on their tvs till 20 minutes real time into the game for some odd reason.  I'll take the W though.

@TheBarkinHyena

t2y5c2-1563396668.jpg

So, who do you most resemble?  :D

Nice to see you get in on the Smash action.  How was going from voyeur to participant?

@DLurkster

Any particular reason you turned on amiibos?  I really do need to play mine up to L50 like I did in Smash 4.... but I haven't had the time/interest like I did in the last game for some reason.

@purple_beard: No particular reason, just wanted to do something different for the theme. I was thinking of items on (probably should of done Pokeballs only) or turning on FS. I just came down to amiibo.  Also, I can get the time not to train but I think the time it takes to get to Lv.50 is reason why you don't have the interest. That is unfortunate, you still collect amiibo like I but I wonder if you used them like you used to do. I still do.

For me and I have said this a few time, I have a training regiment for my amiibo in the type of battle: 15 minutes and until they reach Lv.40 I turn on items and other amiibo at Lv.50 already to fight them. I want my amiibo to know how to fight in any condition, against CPU, me, other amiibo and items. I also fight on all stage formats, Omega, FD, morph stage and some custom made. amiibo for the life of them can't seem to get their bearings on those stage, even some Lv.50 do some dumb stuff. The morph setting is on the whole time and changes every 3 minutes of the 15 minutes of the match. The amiibo get to Lv.50 around 4 matches in so an hour so. Obviously you can train multiple at time to speed it up or you can have other amiibo or CPU fight them the whole time so you don't have to. Just know and this is just me, amiibo may not turn to be versatile fighter if you're not in them if they only learn from other CPU's. 

The first few matches we had before PB and eventually Hyena came in were pretty fun. Hated whichever random(s) were trying to ready up immediately. I didn't want to go that long into the theme but did get about half an hour of non-Pokemon play in.

I'll see you guys at the challenge!

Hoo boy, was that a night! Hanging out with you guys was just a chaotic as I thought it would be! After watching you guys for about a year, I was a bit hesitant about joining, but I'm glad I did! It was fun! I was pretty Darn Lucky to have gotten a few wins under my belt. Of course, That Kamikaze On the 2nd to last match was probably the highlight of my night. heehee;

@purple_beard

And to answer your question.... Probably Banzai!

22 hours ago, TheBarkinHyena said:

Hoo boy, was that a night! Hanging out with you guys was just a chaotic as I thought it would be! After watching you guys for about a year, I was a bit hesitant about joining, but I'm glad I did! It was fun! I was pretty Darn Lucky to have gotten a few wins under my belt. Of course, That Kamikaze On the 2nd to last match was probably the highlight of my night. heehee;

@purple_beard

And to answer your question.... Probably Banzai!

Its all fun and games till you take that first L... then its game time

>_> awaits smart comments lulz...

For this Smashdown Iron Man Challenge, with Pyra/Mythra in the fray, I will be turning on FS meter.

Also, when it comes to the last character lets have that be Pyra/Mythra. I want to see how they play with the duo. You choose her stage anytime for the night but I would like to finish the night on that stage as well.

10 hours ago, DLurkster said:

For this Smashdown Iron Man Challenge, with Pyra/Mythra in the fray, I will be turning on FS meter.

Also, when it comes to the last character lets have that be Pyra/Mythra. I want to see how they play with the duo. You choose her stage anytime for the night but I would like to finish the night on that stage as well.

We could, though this is actually the first Smashdown to have a perfectly even number of characters—84, 21 matches with no need for duplicates. We could do a 22nd match with all Pyras/Mythras?

4 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Anyone want to go in an hour early for Pyra/Mythra practice?

Nah, I'm good, got my practice in already. I would take you up because this is the first DLC character since Min Min slightly that I didn't have a handle on.

I do now, just took a little longer.

@Eliwood8: Wait, I thought there was 80 characters with the inclusion of Pyra and Mythra. As they make Pyra 79 and Mythra 80? Regardless of the number 80 or 84, those are still even numbers but I am sure there is 80 characters in the game according to the smash bros website.

14 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

@Eliwood8: Wait, I thought there was 80 characters with the inclusion of Pyra and Mythra. As they make Pyra 79 and Mythra 80? Regardless of the number 80 or 84, those are still even numbers but I am sure there is 80 characters in the game according to the smash bros website.

It's 84.

1110569445_SmashdownBoardPic.thumb.png.29cb6e55e658c4c787b1e9c6e06b870c.png

Each row except the last has 13 characters which makes 78 for the first six rows. Last row has 6 making it 84. If it's only the four of us and we're in every match, the last 4 characters will be used in the 21st battle.

I also updated the Smashdown Board! Had to put some extra work to make it fit.

4 minutes ago, TKrazyO said:

It's 84.

1110569445_SmashdownBoardPic.thumb.png.29cb6e55e658c4c787b1e9c6e06b870c.png

Each row except the last has 13 characters which makes 78 for the first six rows. Last row has 6 making it 84. If it's only the four of us and we're in every match, the last 4 characters will be used in the 21st battle.

I also updated the Smashdown Board! Had to put some extra work to make it fit.

Ah, the echos in the game along with random makes it 84, duh DL. My bad, still even so let's do this Pyra Mythra play off for the end then?

And thanks for updating the Smashdown board, Krazy.