Smash Saturdays: 10p

They were some good games but sometime half way through I was getting frustrated going out so early in matches. The only tell would me being silent for the latter half of the night. That and the echo.

Video will be up by tomorrow evening. Was easier to edit since I figured out how to make the 3d title editor not look bad for the point tally.

I feel like when there's a repeat of a repeat of a repeat of a repeat theme like now with Mario, it gets a little stale, I know it is for the first hour but I rather not. Not making it a rule like a repeat theme cannot be used for 6 months at least but there's gotta be another theme we have not done that won't be something we did like 2 months ago.

That's all I am saying.

22 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I feel like when there's a repeat of a repeat of a repeat of a repeat theme like now with Mario, it gets a little stale, I know it is for the first hour but I rather not. Not making it a rule like a repeat theme cannot be used for 6 months at least but there's gotta be another theme we have not done that won't be something we did like 2 months ago.

That's all I am saying.

Bowser and Bowser Jr. only .... and only the stage that came via SDW then LOL.

Man, so first thing's first.

Game started 3rd period right at 10- Canes up 3-2.... they tie it late...game goes to OT....then shootout....so that took till darn near 10:50 to wrap up.... then I was in and out on voice for a bit as I wanted to hear some post game for the Canes 4-3 SO win.  Then, when that weird typing hit I was moving my Switch (played portable with procc for match up to this point) to the main room I play smash in and put it on my tv and went with GC controller for the rest of the night.

I thought my Bowser did ok.... played him the longest....and I did want to get in some Bowser Jr. play....went Ludwig since noone was ushing him.... he was ok... I mean... I can't be mad playing him the way I was....  I thought my Peach was aiight....

That dude's Kirby was annoyingly good.

I think Ridley and Richter were the only two fighters I was really starting to vibe with the entire night.

ROB just had stages work against him....

GGs guys tonight.

Just a heads up PB so you don't hear about so late and wish someone told you because in the past it appeared we haven't but we have on very few occasions; your mic is echoing again. Besides this being a broken record to you, I think we don't say it because we know by now that as you say you have not changed any settings for this echoing you don't hear so that can be frustrating to hear so that maybe why we don't bring it up much. And despite no change to your setting, when we do tinker with you, find a fix, like eventual clockwork the echoing comes back. I'm sure we tell you this too that despite no change of your own, the echoing comes back and squeaking too. They rarely happen at the same time, separately mostly, on top of that either of those events is random when it occurs if together or separate. Because of its randomness it is not consistent between tinkering and when we don't hear it for a while or when it comes and goes after a while all we hear is echoing.

At this point, at least to me I don't know what else to say that we have tried to figure out what is going on but I am at a lost in telling you what we all hear from your side and a solution as well.

Just thought to share that even tho as I said this is just a broken record with no cause nor solution that we have stumbled across yet.

@TKrazyO: Word. Could of kicked him out but the only real annoying thing he was doing was the samey, strat base stage with Kirby. He wasn't at least to me doing any annoying tricks with Kirby. He was just that good and why I kept him on with trying to best him with Link, not just for me but for anyone else till I could get him with Link. I helped Eli one match with Nicky but in the end he got that last KO on him and I wanted to get with Link at least.

7 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

GGs guys tonight.

Just a heads up PB so you don't hear about so late and wish someone told you because in the past it appeared we haven't but we have on very few occasions; your mic is echoing again. Besides this being a broken record to you, I think we don't say it because we know by now that as you say you have not changed any settings for this echoing you don't hear so that can be frustrating to hear so that maybe why we don't bring it up much. And despite no change to your setting, when we do tinker with you, find a fix, like eventual clockwork the echoing comes back. I'm sure we tell you this too that despite no change of your own, the echoing comes back and squeaking too. They rarely happen at the same time, separately mostly, on top of that either of those events is random when it occurs if together or separate. Because of its randomness it is not consistent between tinkering and when we don't hear it for a while or when it comes and goes after a while all we hear is echoing.

At this point, at least to me I don't know what else to say that we have tried to figure out what is going on but I am at a lost in telling you what we all hear from your side and a solution as well.

Just thought to share that even tho as I said this is just a broken record with no cause nor solution that we have stumbled across yet.

@TKrazyO: Word. Could of kicked him out but the only real annoying thing he was doing was the samey, strat base stage with Kirby. He wasn't at least to me doing any annoying tricks with Kirby. He was just that good and why I kept him on with trying to best him with Link, not just for me but for anyone else till I could get him with Link. I helped Eli one match with Nicky but in the end he got that last KO on him and I wanted to get with Link at least.

Man... in  the times I had mic not on mute my mic in the window wasn't picking up anything of mine and all the echoes on game sounds, tv sounds, and you guys sounds was coming from you guys....  Its getting pulled in from somewhere else.... if it was reverb from my end my mic would light up that its picking up sounds and its not.  And I didn't hear anyone say anything about when I was lit up and talking that I was echoing.  I've got nothing else I can add to this line you guys keep feeding me--and I am getting less and less convinced it all stems from my end.

Next time I'll comment every time someone's controller presses,  tv speakers, or whatever comes through my little laptop speakers....but when I am not lit up as sound coming from me it isn't me.

17 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Man... in  the times I had mic not on mute my mic in the window wasn't picking up anything of mine and all the echoes on game sounds, tv sounds, and you guys sounds was coming from you guys....  Its getting pulled in from somewhere else.... if it was reverb from my end my mic would light up that its picking up sounds and its not.  And I didn't hear anyone say anything about when I was lit up and talking that I was echoing.  I've got nothing else I can add to this line you guys keep feeding me--and I am getting less and less convinced it all stems from my end.

Next time I'll comment every time someone's controller presses,  tv speakers, or whatever comes through my little laptop speakers....but when I am not lit up as sound coming from me it isn't me.

I get that really you think it is not coming from you when you speak but some reverb as you, don't how one tackles that much less resolve. What we want to get and is fact us and want to point out to you is that either when you not on mic or muted, why is it we hear everyone is fine but the moment you mic is on we hear the trouble then? Sorry to put you out like that but explain that even if it is not your fault, explain how the reverb is coming on your side and how then?

I went back in to test again after I posted my last comment.  It looked like everything was reset and the same with the control panel mic settings.  Not sure why control panel was reset but it's possible my browser stuff was when I was trying to upload a photo....but that was on my phone...not really my laptop.

I guess I'll go get a headset mic.

The reverb did seem pretty bad last night; I'm surprised you haven't tried using a headset before now though. I use a basic earbud headset which hopefully doesn't pick up any extraneous noise; let me know if mine does. For what it's worth I can also hear a little bit background noise from I think DL—not the weird echoing effect, just some sounds from the game, like selecting a character.

For the record I'm totally fine with kicking randos that play the same character/stage every time, even if they aren't doing anything spammy, heh. I liked our Bowser-/Jr.-only matches though.

@purple_beard: Ah, that is what happened, okay I guess that makes some sense sort of.

@Eliwood8: Yes, I sometimes hear my TV sound coming thru on your guys mics too, that is not new to me. Just using my laptop as the mic and speaker where I hear you guys come out of. The laptop is like a foot away from my TV from my couch. I find it odd that I not even playing the game that loud, it has and always been at 12 and find that is the best volume for how loud I want it without it sounding like a whisper, when it needs to be down. I know some game or video games just boost the sound a bit or maybe the distance my laptop from my TV is that close that it picks up on that, that or Discord can pick up on sounds that just blares thru. When I do hear that, I turn the TV down to 9 and I don't hear my TV thru my laptop speakers.

I use Discord thru an app on laptop, not thru a browser. The setting for VC are somewhat different from browser to the app, I've told PB this before, if that that helps or make a difference.

Good games last night guys. Good to learn the ropes with the fighters pass 2 characters—I should go through their story modes and spirit boards to practice more.

Nice that we had mostly good random players join too. Still funny that that one guy joined just to spectate for like half an hour before actually playing though.