Smash Saturdays: 10p

6 hours ago, DLurkster said:

I have noticed that when Krazy started to tally KO's on Iron Man Challenge nights.

The thing about stock battle is that yeah, you have to widdle down your opponents stocks till your the last one standing but in most cases you might be taking out the opposition for the one guy who had one or two kills that comes in first place that match when you might have KO'ed four or more and come in third place or last place that match.

The thing with me I am 50/50 when it comes to the kills vs survival, that ratio changes obviously when I am playing a character I know like the back of my hand. It's very rare no matter how good you are with a character that stage will do you or opponents any favour of winning. So most of the time its the character you choose and what you do will determine the outcome of the match.

Slightly disagree here.  Say a character that has a lot of up and down moves--think Inceneroar, Terry, and I am sure I am missing some or say characters with a poor recovery move like Lil Mac and others... the stage can have a huge bearing on strategy, opportunity, and survival.  A lot of platform clutter can inhibit certain moves.  Now obviously really being in-tune with a character can lead you to not getting into bad situations because you are more knowledgeable about what you can get away with.

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

Slightly disagree here.  Say a character that has a lot of up and down moves--think Inceneroar, Terry, and I am sure I am missing some or say characters with a poor recovery move like Lil Mac and others... the stage can have a huge bearing on strategy, opportunity, and survival.  A lot of platform clutter can inhibit certain moves.  Now obviously really being in-tune with a character can lead you to not getting into bad situations because you are more knowledgeable about what you can get away with.

What you say is true and why I said a character you know like the back of your hand. I wouldn't make that statement as a throwaway as if I don't know what I am saying and why I also said very rarely the stage will affect either your best character or your opponent. For all you know the stage you pick to trip your opponent might do the opposite and work for them instead of against you. So all of a sudden your on even footing and it all comes down who is more skilled on the battlefield. You will know when that happens when the warfare becomes a sort of stalemate. It takes the slight mistake of a move input and the match is done.

So that is why I say stage is a factor but a minor in the end and who you wield with proficiency will rule out the day. I don't care about advantage of character or stage disadvantage, it's all on the player and how they strategize said character in match.

@purple_beard Cut offs; from the parts that I watched when editing the video I noticed a few times when you were talking that it just cut off. It's not from your end it's just the noise gate doing it's job. I turned everyone down for what because of either an echo or I just had them over 120% for some reason.

All in all, it's a stream/post-editing issue. Nothing to worry about on your end.

Every since Ultimate had 8 DLC characters, I wanted to do battle with 7 with Hero. Played and made this today, no edits or anything special. Just a quick replay save-convert to video to here.

Spoiler

This took me 4 tries to get in first, would of been done in 2 but forgot to save the replay of the 2 try win, oops.

I lost count how many times it took my Hero amiibo to finally get the win but I know 2 went to sudden death with Byleth and Min Min in one and the other one was just with Terry. I think it took less than 5 tries so maybe 4 tries.

These vids are 15 minutes along cause there's no stocks, with this one it is not that I forgot how many times it took to get the win. I just honestly don't remember how this match fared in comparisons of attempt in this version.

This one is easy to remember, this is the only match took one try to get first place.

Good match.

Hmm, doesn't put that much pressure on me to keeps that creativeness with my arena names but sometimes what is said and what happens during the match that could provide that video title.

So you have choices, guess it depends on what feels appropriate for the night or what represent it at least.

This Sat as I said is the 2nd Iron Man Smashdown Challenge so that will be the arena name obviously as usually. Let's see what happens on that night might be different than usual.

16 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I'll try to remember that PB sorry if I don't if I am just focusing on what character I want to play as.

Okay, the players are set. Let's Smashdown!

Well, also, not every character has something that could be used too...  And FWIW, I don't mean the full color combo has to be pulled off, just something that has some of the colors in it.

The 2nd Iron Man Smashdown Challenge has concluded.

Here were the standings of the night:

@Eliwood8 with 9 points in first place.

Tied in 2nd place is DLurkster and @TKrazyO with 6 point each.

And a first for @purple_beard in last place with 0 points.

Congrats to Eli this month for Iron Man Smashdown challenger winner. Thanks for those who participated and Krazy for the stream as well!

The next Smashdown Challenge will be on March 6, 2021. Exactly month from today.

Edited by DLurkster

Guys... the last two days I had been really lethargic and very tired.... heck last night, aside from a long road trip early in the day I had taken a 90m nap around an hour before game time and after the first 30m or so of last night's matches I was struggling with concentration and keeping my eyes open.  I had a lot of WTF moments though... that IMO weren't sleepy related...