Smash Saturdays: 10p

Good games last night. I was practicing with all of the season 1 DLC characters, plus Cloud for the Sephiroth announcement and Marth since I've been playing Fire Emblem 1. Clearly I need some practice with Terry, and I was disappointed I didn't do better with Joker or Hero, but I was pleasantly surprised by my Banjo and Piranha Plant matches.

@TKrazyO I think I prefer the darker backgrounds but they all look good to me.

1 hour ago, Eliwood8 said:

Good games last night. I was practicing with all of the season 1 DLC characters, plus Cloud for the Sephiroth announcement and Marth since I've been playing Fire Emblem 1. Clearly I need some practice with Terry, and I was disappointed I didn't do better with Joker or Hero, but I was pleasantly surprised by my Banjo and Piranha Plant matches.

@TKrazyO I think I prefer the darker backgrounds but they all look good to me.

Yeah, your PP was doing very well.

@TKrazyO: My bad, I thought you didn't post the colors yet and on the top of the latest page of this thread commented b Eli. I thought he was suggesting not actually choosing what he prefer. How very PB of me to not look back to see if any new posts were made on the page before.

As for what I like, I said to go bright with yellow, that is great but I like how the darker background yellow looks, the 3rd on looks. It looks just right, perfect!

Decided to have special Iron Man Smashdown challenge on December 26th. It won't be numbered one and whoever wins this one will earn 5 months worth of wins. This would be the 5th so it would make sense since in this case of 2 Iron Man challenges and ante up the stakes. Eli has 4 consecutive wins so far this will make a break for this year for anyone to leave this year in the dust in this night alone, with the addition of Sephiroth.

I hope the regulars that show up come to this year end event. Not gonna mention who usually played with us in the past, those regulars know who you are. Say if you are in or out for Saturday December 26, 2020.

2 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Decided to have special Iron Man Smashdown challenge on December 26th. It won't be numbered one and whoever wins this one will earn 5 months worth of wins. This would be the 5th so it would make sense since in this case of 2 Iron Man challenges and ante up the stakes. Eli has 4 consecutive wins so far this will make a break for this year for anyone to leave this year in the dust in this night alone, with the addition of Sephiroth.

I hope the regulars that show up come to this year end event. Not gonna mention who usually played with us in the past, those regulars know who you are. Say if you are in or out for Saturday December 26, 2020.

I see nothing preventing me from playing....but December gets TWO Iron Man events?

BLACK SABBATH - "Iron Man" (Official Video) - YouTube

• purple_beard changed the title to Smash Saturdays Returns! 12/19 DLC Weekend Theme: Sepiroth & the family

Cool, even to I didn't listen to the details of Sephiroth Challenge and that anyone with NSO, fighter pass 2 or just purchasing Sephiroth can get him ASAP then this coming Tuesday. It's great I scheduled the special Iron Man Smashdown Challenge for next week Saturday. More time between now this Saturday and next week for one of the best Iron Man Smashdown Challenge of the year!

@purple_beard: Your missing a 'h' in Sephiroth in the title.

• purple_beard changed the title to Smash Saturdays Returns! 12/19 DLC Weekend Theme: Sephiroth & the family
On 12/17/2020 at 9:21 PM, purple_beard said:

For Saturday 12/19 to honor Sepiroth's arrival in Smash we will have a ALL DLC character theme and we can use the first 30m-1hr for just Sepiroth play or adjust as we feel merit to.

I just realized, when you say 'ALL DLC' do mean the DLC characters from Smash 4 and Ultimate or mean just Ultimate starting with Piranha plant?

2 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I just realized, when you say 'ALL DLC' do mean the DLC characters from Smash 4 and Ultimate or mean just Ultimate starting with Piranha plant?

If its DLC from Ultimate, it is game.  Stages and fighters.

@TKrazyO

I'll be on Discord at 9:45 to check if this change in my control panel settings fixes the issue.

Of note, even if voice works, I could be on self mute for the first hour....depends on how two games I am keeping up with tonight are going as they should run through the first hour and I want the volume up enough to hear good.  So, unless they go real bad not only will I be on portable play but I will also be muted till game(s) are over.

Okay, I had feeling you meant the DLC from Ultimate with the their stages and characters. Just wanted to make sure.

Piranha Plant is considered DLC so should probably start with him, tho it has no stage so almost any Mario stage will do. Choosing the one with all the coins from NSMB 2 stage from the 3DS. In its reveal trailer PP was on that stage and the Wii U NSMB U to but I think it was omega form.

If you want to go straight to Joker, that's fine but I'm starting with Piranha Plant.

12 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Okay, I had feeling you meant the DLC from Ultimate with the their stages and characters. Just wanted to make sure.

Piranha Plant is considered DLC so should probably start with him, tho it has no stage so almost any Mario stage will do. Choosing the one with all the coins from NSMB 2 stage from the 3DS. In its reveal trailer PP was on that stage and the Wii U NSMB U to but I think it was omega form.

If you want to go straight to Joker, that's fine but I'm starting with Piranha Plant.

I'm doing some Seph for at least the first few matches but I plan to get at least 3 turns in with everyone.

Piranha Plant

Joker

Hero

Banjo

Terry

Byleth

Min Min

Steve

Sephiroth

Finally got win with Sephiroth, may not have been at Northen Cave (lost there with him) but it was a good match.

Good games overall despite those Sephi spammer and the down b Byleth, matches were great.

I'll post this back here for anyone who are regulars who come to the Iron Man Smashdown Challenges. (didn't want spam mention names again frequently) There's special one this Saturday see below for the deets.

On 12/17/2020 at 6:20 PM, DLurkster said:

Edited by DLurkster

GGs,

Did my mic sound ok?  I was on mute till Panthers @ Packers and Tulsa vs. Cincinnati ended.

Nice that I got a W with Sephiroth and Min Min.

From whom I played last night:

Still trying to get the hang of Sephiroth.

My Min Min flow was coming back to me...

My Steve and Hero were pretty trash.

My Banjo was getting back into the groove.

Joker kind of sucked.

I use Terry enough otherwise so I didn't mind not using him.

My Byleth was ok...

I did kind of want to get to PP though... just didn't.

@purple_beard From what I heard it sounded fine. Turned your volume to 100% but I might have to boost it some more. Sorry about not being at the testing. I got to the 5th Dungeon in LA and got lost constantly and ended up going over because I had to go back and fight the mini-boss after beating the main boss in the dungeon.

As for the matches, started out rough with Seph even though I was getting KOs. Have to go back to some of the matches since they seem like a blur. Might not show a couple matches because of how some randoms played in them.

I'm up for the challenge btw.

Yeah good games last night guys. Finally figured out Terry's powered up attack—truth be told I had tried to do it a few times and it was only like the third one that properly landed, haha. And randos continue to be a real coin toss on whether or not they'll just play normally or be weird, but what are ya gonna do.

PB, I thought I still heard a tiny bit of clicky weirdness in your mic but it was way better than before.

DL, I'm down for another Smashdown match next week—not doing anything for the holidays this year so I'll be around. I'll be honest though, I don't really see the point in keeping a running tally of wins throughout the year, or making this one worth "five points." Like, just leave it at whoever wins for the month, no need to give it an on-going score.