Smash Saturdays: 10p

1 hour ago, Eliwood8 said:

Definitely forgot that today is Saturday, but I'll be there for Smash night next week.

Yes next week is the 4th Iron Man Smashdown challenge.

Without you there, I guess you'd forfeit you 3 back-to-back wins so I already that you are coming next week.

So you know the drill the rest of you: @purple_beard, @TKrazyO, @The Albraskan, @Marxforever, and @Surge135.

Say aye or nah if you can make it or not.

GG tonight guys, btw.

GGs last night.  But that MiiFighter guy was way too good LOL.

I was satisfied with most of my play with most of my characters last night.

sorry about the dc but for whatever reason my GC controller desynced from my Switch for some reason and I was using the adapter and what not.  I did try to unplug and replug the controller and the adapter into my Switch to fix it but when none of that worked I had to kill the Switch itself.

I will be playing in this Iron Man Smashdown Challenge tonight! At 8 I will be playing one of four games voted on in my Twitter poll. The poll closes at 7 (2 hours from this post)!

You can drop by if you'd like to see the game.

Stream if you need to see the Smashdown Board, (or the Pre-Game 2 hours beforehand)

I'll try to get things set up for Smash before 10pm.

Edited by TKrazyO

Just a heads up to those who are playing with GC controllers tonight:

Odd enough, this past Tuesday I played with the GC controller (it's been a while) and like the Google doc says most won't feel the drastic change for the worse because most ppl who play with GC controller, turn tap off. I do and even so like ppl who are particular sensitive frame rate dips, one won't feel the change unless you main certain characters that will feel it more than most.

I for one didn't notice change but tonight will be playing with the pro controller as usual. Next time I play with GC, I'll feel if I sense any change, if I can pick up on anything, tho.

The only thing I noticed in particularly to me is how small the GC controller is to the pro controller, that's about it, Forgot that when you play one controller over the other. 

41 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Just a heads up to those who are playing with GC controllers tonight:

Odd enough, this past Tuesday I played with the GC controller (it's been a while) and like the Google doc says most won't feel the drastic change for the worse because most ppl who play with GC controller, turn tap off. I do and even so like ppl who are particular sensitive frame rate dips, one won't feel the change unless you main certain characters that will feel it more than most.

I for one didn't notice change but tonight will be playing with the pro controller as usual. Next time I play with GC, I'll feel if I sense any change, if I can pick up on anything, tho.

The only thing I noticed in particularly to me is how small the GC controller is to the pro controller, that's about it, Forgot that when you play one controller over the other. 

I can't say I noticed anything odd Tuesday....

I mean, I could try to switch between Pro and GC....but...

The frustrating part for me tonight was....

1) the lag that really inhibited my play of the characters I normally use with the timing I need for certain moves to work in my favor.  While yes, everyone was suffering the same thing I could never get timing down and kept on missing with moves that I could have used.  And I even worked my roster into the characters I can normally fight through laggy matches with because of how some of their attacks work.

2) 3-4 times being in the last two and my knockout hit never happens yet I get hit out.

3) A lot of times during the matches I got down to where it was one stock a piece amongst all of us and I happen to be the first one out whether by merit or BS.

4) only twice I believe could I play I got the most kills for a set.

I don't feel I got cheated on roster choices but some of the stages I would have rather not been using certain characters.  That said, the Diddy Kong first match I think went about as well as it could for me considering I never play him and don't like him at all.

The last Iron Man Smashdown Challenge for the year has concluded and here are the results...

With 8 points is @Eliwood8 (4th consecutive months in row)

Followed by @TKrazyO with 7 points.

Your truly @DLurkster with 6 points.

And last but not certainly least is @purple_beard with a overall score of zero.

Thanks to all who came out tonight and thank you Krazy for the Stream (first time this Iron Man Challenge was streamed as Twitch affiliate too)

Despite these particular Saturdays ending with Eli winning the end each one was fun and I hope it was for those who joined us this year.

Till next month, next year, the new year on Saturday January 2nd 2021; Iron Man Showdown Challenge#5.

See ya guys on the next Iron Man Smashdown Challenge!

Good games guys, and sorry again about the disconnect. My screen froze and I assumed it was happening to everyone, then I realized no one was talking and looked down to see my laptop had lost Wifi. Maybe the lag was my fault the whole time. I'll see what I can do about it before next week.

9 hours ago, Eliwood8 said:

Good games guys, and sorry again about the disconnect. My screen froze and I assumed it was happening to everyone, then I realized no one was talking and looked down to see my laptop had lost Wifi. Maybe the lag was my fault the whole time. I'll see what I can do about it before next week.

My new laptop is on Windows "S" and whether that is a factor or not I don't know but I get random complete disconnects from my router for no apparent reason and they last about 5 minutes for some reason.  But those don't affect my Switch's connection to the internet.

I believe it was a few weeks ago I was the one causing the lag and I had to turn off the modem and the router along with getting my house spiked by my ISP to fix it.

20 hours ago, DLurkster said:

The last Iron Man Smashdown Challenge for the year has concluded and here are the results...

With 8 points is @Eliwood8 (4th consecutive months in row)

Followed by @TKrazyO with 7 points.

Your truly @DLurkster with 6 points.

And last but not certainly least is @purple_beard with a overall score of zero.

Thanks to all who came out tonight and thank you Krazy for the Stream (first time this Iron Man Challenge was streamed as Twitch affiliate too)

Despite these particular Saturdays ending with Eli winning the end each one was fun and I hope it was for those who joined us this year.

Till next month, next year, the new year on Saturday January 2nd 2021; Iron Man Showdown Challenge#5.

See ya guys on the next Iron Man Smashdown Challenge!

So, for January, are we going all the way back to 0 since this will be a regular thing and it will be the start of 2021?

16 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

So, for January, are we going all the way back to 0 since this will be a regular thing and it will be the start of 2021?

I was gonna say in that post to reset the consecutive wins per month for a new year, makes sense. I was gonna think on it up till the end of this year.

But better yet, it think it makes more sense to have a vote on if the wins should reset for the year.

So, let's open that now. Who's opposed or not to reset the over wins for the Iron Man Smashdown Challenge.

Post aye or nah. I don't know how many ppl will state their piece but it's been consistent for the players who a part take in this event. Regardless, with that said I will announce what decision is on New Years Eve. Just to ebe fair if anymore than the four who play with us wants a say.

At that same time on that day, I will state my piece on where I stand with resetting the overall wins or not. Not that it might matter if it obvious where the votes fall but I believe it is important as (don't want to sound condescending...) I did brought this whole concept. I obviously had some input after its conception, which I appreciate, I really do but at the end of the day. I feel it is important to know where I stand with what I initially created.

Winning is tonight's theme but in honor of the dlc character(and kind of wanting to get back to playing him more) I will.be doing cloud and his stage only the first hour.  It is kind of weird that I liked him a lot last game but on this one he'd fallen out of favor with me..  I personally think it's due to liking more more others versus me not liking this game's version.

Just comment on last week score track on Smashdown for Krazy. Liked it, even kept track of the KO's I think you had the most at the end of the night too.

I would suggest different backdrop then the blue one you have for us and character board but I can't think of backdrop where our player icon won't be shown all that way. So it is fine the way it is. It's just something about that blue color that looks off, can't quite put my finger on it, tho.

GGs, was able to get a win with the King and the two surprising ones with Ryu. How'd that happen?

Anyhoo, I did some variations of the metallic like background I use for the streams and used it instead of the old one.

Spoiler

The brighter standard

818359738_TestBoard1.thumb.png.a442e222bd40be396cbc162638a663f6.png

Little darker standard

904271775_TestBoard2.thumb.png.bffa17569a25b84d9d488cb6b81dc74f.png

Dark Background Yellow

633930181_TestBoard3.thumb.png.2b6d4eefc59f114e0c5c152f0c298132.png

Dark Background Darker Yellow

964715983_TestBoard4.thumb.png.af80c7902dde5c93d218d5e8d6395196.png

I will have to change the blue outlines but here's the mockups with a yellow background..

So, I was watching tv at about 9:30ish on my bed and somehow fell asleep and woke up when I posted that message after seeing my clock on the cables box and going "ohh sh*".  LOL.

I thought I had some odd things happen to me in the matches but...

I was kind of satisfied with how my Cloud play turned out but I can tell, I need to put time back into him to get my feel back from the vibe I had in Smash 4.

@TKrazyO

Its not Zombie Banjo, its  BEAR-HULK

Hulk_(circa_2019).png

main8.png

**That said, this is my favorite color scheme for him but I am torn on working out calling my eventual Amiibo Bear-Hulk for the colors or going with Smokey the Bear and choose another color LOL.

I thought I did ok with Banjo considering I haven't played him in a while.

I thought my Min Min play wasn't too bad but I can tell I need to get back into the groove of her with the ARMS... I was slowly building back my groove with how I played her well when she dropped.

Normally I go with "Rhythm Nation" Terry but I wanted to go Gold for some reason tonight and I thought my Terry was doing very well for himself.  I really do feel like I should have eked out two wins with him.  And since that is the Hungry Wolf Terry

main8.png

Or...

LOL