Smash Saturdays: 10p

Yeah good games last night guys. Adding some items was a fun way to mix things up a bit and make players chase each other down to pass on a sticky bomb or steal a heal orb.

There was definitely some lagginess when some of the random players came into the match; with just us four it felt pretty stable.

Also the highlight of the night was the insane echo that PB's mic was causing.

2 hours ago, purple_beard said:

My personal highlight was taking DL immediately out after calling me out for the Ridley Electric Slide KO lol.

That is true and I am not exactly gonna say me warning the other guys of the stage we were on with Ridley while fighting caught me off guard which cause you to get that KO but in the end you were the official first guy to be defeated out of the match. Despite my warning to the other my ultimate goal was to get you out first.

So mission accomplished there!ktongue;

I can't play tonight. Here is why: @DLurkster @purple_beard

Spoiler

When I renewed my online cubscription to upgrade to the family plan so I can include my brother and nephew, the first attempt had an error which charged my bank account. The 3rd attempt (2nd was an error but no charge) went through and charged my bank again. I contacted Nintendo using the chat support a few days after about it. They told me there was 1 charge and that I'd have to contact my bank cause they'd have to handle it. I did that and they told me they'd have to put a stop on my card and send a new one in 7-10 business days for a dispute on it or to do a 3-way call with Nintendo. I didn't do either since #1, I just got home from work, I was tired and it's 7pm, and #2, a number of bills had yet to be paid that're connected to that card. Another suggestion was to send Nintendo my bank statement.

Note: The assumption is that the 1st charge was the blank charge and the 2nd was the actual charge that activated the subscription.

I wait a week and contact Nintendo again to see if I could send a statement. I don't think I could but they told me to get in contact with the bank again and get a fax number or email to have Nintendo send them the information. Contact the bank and told them that and asked if there was a way to get rid of the 1st charge without them needing to send me a new card. They said there was, put a dispute on that charge and told me I think 2 weeks for it to go through.

A few days ago the money goes back to my card. Today I turn on my Switch and have to log in for some reason. I do so and find out that my account has been suspended due to a violation of the User Policy. Use the chat again and find out it has to do with a chargeback. So I call them with the reference number and tell them the situation as badly as I can tell it. They understood so they'll be lifting the ban in 2-4 calendar days. Have to wait until Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday!

TL;DR- Due to an error renewing NSO, I was charged twice. After chatting with Nintendo & my bank, my bank puts a dispute on the first charge and I got the money back. Today I found out my account was suspended because of that. Talked to them and my account will be back up in 2-4 days.

I have to figure out something else to do tonight. :(

Edited by TKrazyO
2 hours ago, TKrazyO said:

I can't play tonight. Here is why: @DLurkster @purple_beard

Hide contents

When I renewed my online cubscription to upgrade to the family plan so I can include my brother and nephew, the first attempt had an error which charged my bank account. The 3rd attempt (2nd was an error but no charge) went through and charged my bank again. I contacted Nintendo using the chat support a few days after about it. They told me there was 1 charge and that I'd have to contact my bank cause they'd have to handle it. I did that and they told me they'd have to put a stop on my card and send a new one in 7-10 business days for a dispute on it or to do a 3-way call with Nintendo. I didn't do either since #1, I just got home from work, I was tired and it's 7pm, and #2, a number of bills had yet to be paid that're connected to that card. Another suggestion was to send Nintendo my bank statement.

Note: The assumption is that the 1st charge was the blank charge and the 2nd was the actual charge that activated the subscription.

I wait a week and contact Nintendo again to see if I could send a statement. I don't think I could but they told me to get in contact with the bank again and get a fax number or email to have Nintendo send them the information. Contact the bank and told them that and asked if there was a way to get rid of the 1st charge without them needing to send me a new card. They said there was, put a dispute on that charge and told me I think 2 weeks for it to go through.

A few days ago the money goes back to my card. Today I turn on my Switch and have to log in for some reason. I do so and find out that my account has been suspended due to a violation of the User Policy. Use the chat again and find out it has to do with a chargeback. So I call them with the reference number and tell them the situation as badly as I can tell it. They understood so they'll be lifting the ban in 2-4 calendar days. Have to wait until Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday!

TL;DR- Due to an error renewing NSO, I was charged twice. After chatting with Nintendo & my bank, my bank puts a dispute on the first charge and I got the money back. Today I found out my account was suspended because of that. Talked to them and my account will be back up in 2-4 days.

I have to figure out something else to do tonight. :(

Damn bruh.  That said, I am hopefully resolving my issue with their website and the 2nd set of SNES JCs I got.

40 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Sorry to hear that Krazy. I guess the latest we see you is Thursday at best.

I wasn't really feeling to play tonight but as the day is going, I'm up to play. Glad I am because it looks like nobody was gonna be on.

I'll be on tonight.

Then you have chosen death....  I was planning to play and even put up the theme...  geez....

Summoning the "regulars"

@DLurkster

@TKrazyO

@Eliwood8

@Surge135

Two matters to bring up:

#1 10/24 theme:

Fire Emblem characters all night because of the news of FE1 coming to NA?

#2 10/31 aka Ole Hallows Eve aka Halloween

Who is up for Smashing that night?  What kind of theme would we like?  I was thinking Miis seeing as they wear costumes and thus would be like Halloween in that regard but....  I can see nearly every Character in Smash could fit a costume/Halloween theme....  so.... "evil" stages?  "evil" weapons?

Would Friday 10/30 or Sunday 11/1 be better if anyone is doing Halloween stuff?

I'm down for those themes

First let's do the FE characters for like an hour then can mix other player to your playstyle if you want.

Nah, I'm not or anyone I know is doing Halloween stuff. Everybody from the young to adults are doing them virtual or whatever up here. It is better with cases rising in hotspots all across NA, just seems smart to do like wearing mask and all. That doesn't excuse anyone from any putting costumes on kids and using the mask withe costume to seen your kids out unless it is really safe to but there will be other other Halloweens, kids will be for a little while and this norm we are in now hopefully won't be forever. Don't force kids to be exposed outside if they don't have to. Just my opinion.

2 hours ago, DLurkster said:

I'm down for those themes

First let's do the FE characters for like an hour then can mix other player to your playstyle if you want.

Nah, I'm not or anyone I know is doing Halloween stuff. Everybody from the young to adults are doing them virtual or whatever up here. It is better with cases rising in hotspots all across NA, just seems smart to do like wearing mask and all. That doesn't excuse anyone from any putting costumes on kids and using the mask withe costume to seen your kids out unless it is really safe to but there will be other other Halloweens, kids will be for a little while and this norm we are in now hopefully won't be forever. Don't force kids to be exposed outside if they don't have to. Just my opinion.

1st hour  Fire Emblem for FE1

2nd hour Pokemon for dlc pack 2

GGs.

Very satisfied with my Roy play aside from some weirdness in match 1 and 3...

Man, I lost my touch with Marth... I've played him better.

My Byleth was acceptable to me considering....  I did think I should have gotten one win with though...

My Corrin got the kills, just not the Ws....  I'm kind of sad about that as that is one of my best characters IMO.

Inceniroar was only decently played Pokemon tonight.

Pichu sucked.

Mewtwo sucked.

Pokemon Trainer had his moments but....

ROB fared well aside from some disturbing WTF moments.

Bowser did ok....  I really wish I could have ended with that W though....