Smash Saturdays: 10p

@Destiny Hero 

@DLurkster

@TKrazyO

Good games, and the lag was almost non existent.

My Ken was trash.

All my others were ok.  That said,  I was ticked at how my Bowser finished that last match.

I am surprised we never got to Yoshi's Island, Onett, Green Hill Zone, Gerudo Valley, and Coliseum....we usually hit all of those before we end things.

Dang, also surprised we didn't get to Dracula's Castle, Hyrule Castle, or Castle Siege too...

Usual stuff tonight. Same 7 minutes, 3 stock, no items, FS meter off but this time I'm gonna turn off amiibo.

On Tuesday I had it on and like 80% of the players were using them. I never knew turning that on was such bat signal to everyone to amiibo it up. I'm all for amiibo play but it gets murky when there's amiibo who hit so hard or have the toughest defense because those players beef them up with spirits. I train all amiibo with that fancy stuff, just my skill, what stages they may go (including customs because amiibo don't know how to play on those stages) and how to use items. Like, it just suck the fun when you have a tank amiibo who can't be knocked off the damn stage.

@Laclipsey

@DLurkster

Good stuff.

I was somewhat satisfied with Ice Climbers, Sheik, and KD3 play.

Lucario was trash. Bayo was trash.

Mega Man was so so.

Incinerorar was hit at miss.  Mr. G&W fit this too.  Same with  Roy.

I was feeling pretty good about Bowser, Pac Man, ROB, and Richter.

DP did as good as he could... I needed him for some of those to keep me in the game.

I did kind of want to get to Terry and Byleth.  With 4p and Terry's facing mechanics I think it was smart not to bring him in though.

I think the only long time no plays I did miss were Cloud, DH, and Ken/Ryu but I think the competition and the numbers of players kind of affected that.

20 hours ago, Laclipsey said:

Thanks for the games, guys. I loved that Richter vs. Richter vs. Richter game especially. XD

Shoot, I didn't even think about the Discord, since I use it so infrequently. I'll keep it in mind for next time! 

Well, I saw you were playing him, the DL picks him....  so I was like, I like Richter too.... lets do this.  I normally go purple but went gold so I could tell myself apart.

Yeah, I'm down for some Brawl on characters and stages. I'll bust out the Brawl items as well.

I'll do the same 4 player arena again and tile the arena. Brawl characters only' That's 21 character of the 22 character limit of naming the arena. Hopefully, ppl will take a hint to play those characters only. If anyone does heed this, a swift kick out the arena and will keeps things fresh for new ppl who will join and play with Brawl characters.

Some pretty good matches until the last hour for me.

I usually test stuff during these Smash streams but I usually keep forgetting how I have things set up and it messes me up. On the other hand, I wanted a border for the smaller screen scene so I was making one but I had this already made so I used it. 

MCpCZzx.png

Ok, so last week...

My original plan was to fire up Brawl to refresh myself on the roster and maybe bang out a match or two....

Well then the issues started...

My old rechargeable wiimote batteries were throwing fits in my charger dock and not making good contact so I couldn't charge my Wiimote.  I eventually had to get AAs to put in.

Then I proceeded to turn my Wii on and I got no video... and I was like WTF.  I kept rolling through my receiver's inputs and nothing.  So I had to go behind the cabinet and trace back cables to make sure something wasn't wrong...  I have no idea how it happened but somehow my CV cables were over one spot from where they were supposed to be so I had to unplug them and get them back in the proper holes for the CV input on the receiver. ...This wasn't complete till about 9:55pm.

Then when I went into the room of actually playing on my Switch, I somehow couldn't find my Smash cartridge for like 15m.  Then, to see it upside down where it was....  if it had of been right side up I would have caught it immediately....

No real theme tonight but i think I might get my own ball rolling with some

Cloud, Palutena, Byleth, Terry, and revisit Falco and Fox.