Smash Saturdays: 10p

23 minutes ago, TKrazyO said:

I noticed that it kept picking Final Destination near the end and that got old fast. The tactic is an easy tell and won't work against projectile characters, but I wasn't that patient last night as I kept dying off first near the end. When I heard "that word" I was just done with them. I don't mind cussing, PB does it all the time and we're all adults here. My vids/streams aren't aimed at kids yet we had a bunch join the lobby. I don't cuss or use "that word" even though I'm black. It made me change my mind on a few things. You never know what you'll get. For one Skelly you get 2 or 3 of those kids from last night. So that was that.

Yeah, I need to tone it down some myself....can't argue that one.  I guess most of us have been playing something online together for what... since MKWii launched? ...that it kind of feels way more conversational at this point.  But yeah, too much profanity or the like can be a turnoff--I know if I got lit up with cussing in a online chat situation I'd probably mute--probably mostly depend on if was cussing at someone versus complaining about in-game results.

I don't mind when you or anyone else does it during Mario Kart. I can't stop you from being you. It's just when it gets to those derogatory words from random people we don't know. Not saying you guys can say those words. ohyou;

I posted this on Twitter a few minutes ago.

I just need to filter the viewers.

1 hour ago, TKrazyO said:

I don't cuss or use "that word" even though I'm black.

Yeah, it's almost like social drinking or smoking. I don't swear that causally but if I'm around others that swear, I pick up what is said and go from there. And yeah, that use that word either but tho that turned me off another half me wanted to tell them how I really feel. That won't do anything, there's no way anyone can prove race and plus you'll just sound like idiot trying. Really glad I didn't hear that word.

57 minutes ago, TKrazyO said:

I don't mind when you or anyone else does it during Mario Kart. I can't stop you from being you. It's just when it gets to those derogatory words from random people we don't know. Not saying you guys can say those words. ohyou;

I posted this on Twitter a few minutes ago.

I just need to filter the viewers.

Yes, we have know each other for a while and we're adults but I feel if we are going to welcome ppl like Skelly, we need to simmer on the swears, as you said for every Skelly we get ppl like those kids who just don't know better. Because once they hear us cuss, it is open season.

I get what you mean, Krazy.

5 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

I've been meaning to give these Smash Nights a try. Any room for one more? Do I need Discord / voice chat / etc? I was a feared Villager main back in the day.

Yeah, the battle arena can hold up to 8 ppl at time so that means if reach full capacity 4 will and the other 4 will have to wait till it's their turn to fight. I set it up that the 2 fighters that come in last will go in waiting for next ppl to fight. This will probably be constant because I have the arena open to public and not friends.

As for Discord, it is optional but if want to join in, click the Discord icon on the top right-hand corner of Ninfora main page. If not registered, register and then find the SSB chatroom and the #SSB is for voice chat.

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

Yeah, the battle arena can hold up to 8 ppl at time so that means if reach full capacity 4 will and the other 4 will have to wait till it's their turn to fight. I set it up that the 2 fighters that come in last will go in waiting for next ppl to fight. This will probably be constant because I have the arena open to public and not friends.

As for Discord, it is optional but if want to join in, click the Discord icon on the top right-hand corner of Ninfora main page. If not registered, register and then find the SSB chatroom and the #SSB is for voice chat.

You gotta go 8 Player Smash or go home.

1 hour ago, Destiny Hero said:

I've been meaning to give these Smash Nights a try. Any room for one more? Do I need Discord / voice chat / etc? I was a feared Villager main back in the day.

We always welcome more to join.

The Saturday variant is the most likely to have a theme based on something big that week if applicable.  This Saturday, we are theme-less so WINNING is the theme.

As far as needing the discord, no, but it does make communication amongst players better.  We use the text and voice chat via the Ninfora discord.  

We have been getting a little stricter on letting non-Ninfora/non-MK8 regulars join the Ninfora discord due to some issues.