Smash Saturdays: 10p

8 hours ago, TheBarkinHyena said:

GG everyone. Oh man, that was intense. My brain is short circuiting as we speak.

On a side note, this is what I was thinking about the entire Smashdown:

Do It For Her Meme with Pictures of Eliwood

@Eliwood8 I kept your first place spot warm!

ah i c.

You even won with points like he would at at the end of a Smashdown too, kudos on the details, Hyena.

8 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Tho, @purple_beard said he should be good to go this Sat at 10pm, it's Smashdown. So pending any weather delays, we can't take that chance of course and wait.

So let us know Sat evening if anything delay occurs, so we can have Hyena step in.

Also, will @Eliwood8 be playing this Sat or we gotta postpone or find another player for that night?

Game is at 4:30.... no real weather issues...unless something drastically changes I see no reason I can't play.

In a few weeks...2 I think, March Madness comes back into play.  I know the last time I did a theme on it; it didn't work. 

I am proposing a completely different way of doing it.  I think the simplest way will be a 4 person setup but the matches get broken down into quads.  Based on the NCAA bracket, we'd set up the matches to be a 4p match with quads, in each quad we'd do a color scheme closest to the school of your choice.... and kind of work around the bracket that way.  I'm still developing the idea better but I think that would flow the best.  At the end of the match we'd have a 1-4 rank and we'd pick the highest rank of the actual team pairing colors to move, so in round two the schools that advanced would have their same color scheme used again by who picked them.

@purple_beard: No offense, PB. Imma opt out tha weekend, outside how horrible that went and it could be better.

I just don't have interest to care or try again. If it could better or improved on.

Also, don't want hear it or plea tonight or after this post. You can talk to anyone else about this but me, leave me out. The last I want to hear about it, if I am about.

I hope that is clear.

This month Smashdown Challenge has concluded. Here are the results!

Coming in first place with 10 points is @Eliwood8

In 2nd place with 6 points is @TKrazyO

In 3rd place with 5 points is DLurkster

And 4th place go to @purple_beard with 1 point.

Congratulations to Eli for this month Smashdown winner. And thank you Krazy for the stream.

Going forward at Krazy's suggestions the score won't updated/announced after each match. Only when the challenge is done is when the score announced.

It's funny because tho, I announced them after each match at habit, never saw how not saying them to end adds a layer of mystery to everyone but me in how the Smashdown will go. Great suggestion, Krzay, thanks.

Next month Smashdown is the Team Smashdown on April Fools believe it or not. I should do something to really put a wrench in the game for all of so it seem freshly annoying. So let try to have this Team Smashdown on this. But of course post in thread if you can't a make to see if we can get a sub or postpone to the next week.

Edited by DLurkster

Good games guys, lots of good 1v1s. That whole time on Yoshi's Island stage as Fox I was thinking "don't fall down the hole in the middle" so of course that's how I lose my third life.

PB: I wouldn't mind doing another bracket tournament but I'll be honest your explanation doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I also don't know anything about the NCAA so any color choices would be arbitrary to me.