Smash Saturdays: 10p

1 hour ago, TKrazyO said:

I think if we do use items it should only be for regular nights. If they were on for Smashdowns they would greatly influence the results of the matches.

Good point but remember this particular Smashdown will be the special one, if a new character comes out this month. This will be after this Saturdays normal Smashdown, special ones which again don't happen often is just that special so this will be for fun like a normal Smash Saturday with Smashdown twist. Hopefully that is cleared up.

-----

Okay. From what has been said so far about items in Smashdown is tied for and not for it. The POV brought up for it have swayed me to that again for the special Smashdown that may or not happen if a new character releases this month. That I will go with PB idea to put all items on medium for that night, I'll will also add FS meters in the fray as well.

I think this is a first that at least for this many items we have FS on as well. One time fun night for this occasion of Smashdown!

Here is the highlights video:

It was pretty tough picking some of the matches since only 5 people won with only Hyena getting a single win so everyone else has two matches with wins with a random match that happened to be my win (cause it was a good match). It's hard to pick two matches for someone that wins 11 of them. If you have any suggestions on the presentation feel free to share. I can try to implement them within one editing day. 

I did edit this video yesterday.

If you want to check out the full session I have it available on Twitch through the link/embed below:

Spoiler

Hmm, yes picking players who have 3 times the wins then another even if you cap it off of 2 match wins will means some or none will be featured in the highlights.

I'm just throwing this out there but to be fair to all, win or lose; how about just highlighting every other match. That way not only will that cover any player but in theory cut the runtime. Also, when choosing every other match you can choose in editing, what matches had more variety can take place of another that didn't have any, regardless who wins or lose.

So let's there's 40 matches, choosing every other matches brings it down to 20, of the 20 you can choose even match numbers or odd, by determination of variety factor, not win or lose. That way the viewer will get more of the matches and no win or loss will be more or less of in viewing. Hopefully that makes.

Basically choose, every other match, then decide of those even or odds which had a bit more variety, like a stage hazard kill, meteor smash, etc. That will fill up the time but not too long and will have something to look forward to when something out of the ordinary happens.

I don't have any real suggestions for how to pick highlights but it looks like you included a couple of small snippets that were just one big hit/KO and I like that, it's a good way of representing more matches without devoting the whole 3–7 minutes of time to it. Also glad that you included both the Venusaur finisher clip and the match where DL kept getting bodied by Pokémon on Saffron City.

I'll go by that guideline for the next highlight video and see how that goes. I'm just wondering if the short clips should only be match enders or just crazy KOs?

I'll have a week to think on it since the Challenge is next week.

15 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Well, Mario characters for a portion considering the new Rabbids game? LOL.

Tonight is the regular Smashdown night since you missed the regular time it would have happened last week, first Saturday of the month.

And yes you made it last minute, the last 45 minutes of a regular Smash night, I haven't forgotten that either.

44 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Tonight is the regular Smashdown night since you missed the regular time it would have happened last week, first Saturday of the month.

And yes you made it last minute, the last 45 minutes of a regular Smash night, I haven't forgotten that either.

Well, I did have other duties....

The 6th Iron Man Smashdown has concluded and here are the results.

With 11 points in first place is @Eliwood8

A 3 way tie with 3 points each in 2nd place is DLurkster, @Surge135, and @TKrazyO

With 1 point in last place is @purple_beard

Congrats to Eliwood8 this month for winning this month challenge and thank you Krazy for streaming as always. Also, thank you surge for coming out tonight as well.

Krazy will be not be in next weeks festivities as he will be in his cooldown Saturdays. Whatever happens this week with a new character release or not we won't do the special Smashdown till we are all available to play, otherwise it will be regular Smashdown the next Saturday till whenever the new fighter comes this month or not.

GGGs.

7 hours ago, DLurkster said:

The 6th Iron Man Smashdown has concluded and here are the results.

With 11 points in first place is @Eliwood8

A 3 way tie with 3 points each in 2nd place is DLurkster, @Surge135, and @TKrazyO

With 1 point in last place is @purple_beard

Congrats to Eliwood8 this month for winning this month challenge and thank you Krazy for streaming as always. Also, thank you surge for coming out tonight as well.

Krazy will be not be in next weeks festivities as he will be in his cooldown Saturdays. Whatever happens this week with a new character release or not we won't do the special Smashdown till we are all available to play, otherwise it will be regular Smashdown the next Saturday till whenever the new fighter comes this month or not.

GGGs.

I had quite a few 2nds and 3rds.  I was kind of ticked at how rob, min min, Richter, Ridley, duck hunt (esp on home stage) and dark pit went out though...  I could live with Samus, mega man and jiggs play considering how little I play them.

5 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Well, I am still raring to go tonight. We can do PB theme with fighting game characters. 

The idea I had with the Starman for that special showdown (that is set to all items, when it happens) will appear here tonight.

My idea was only tied to when Kazuya arrives....  Unless first 30 tonight is good with everyone...and itd be Ryu, Ken, and Terry....

25 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

My idea was only tied to when Kazuya arrives....  Unless first 30 tonight is good with everyone...and itd be Ryu, Ken, and Terry....

Ah, that's the same thing you said before I post we go all the fighting characters for while. That's how it usual is, I wouldn't think otherwise than to repeat like I didn't get something.

2 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

...or Mario characters entire night for kingdom battle 2 announcement

We can do this too, even if and we're not doing fighting characters all night.