Smash Saturdays: 10p

Could've sworn I did reply to this, sorry to leave you hanging. I'm available for April 1st, yeah, whether you want to do a Team Smashdown, regular, with items. I also don't mind waiting to do Smashdown on the 8th if you want to wait for Krazy to be free.

Welp, my back is feeling almost 100% (I would say 90%, much better than the last 2 days where it was like 40-60% each day leading to today)

So I can sit and play video games tonight...that said. Tonight is failure to launch, since I haven't played in a while (there's been periods I haven't played and went straight to play any night but) there will be no failure to launch. I want to take the opportunity to play random characters. Been wanting to for a few weeks to months now. So I get feeling with characters again if there's Team Smashdown next week.

So like it usual it is every Saturday night but I will be going random characters, (most of the night) unless I need to go to the usual suspect with random players.

I'll see anyone tonight!

On 3/24/2023 at 6:59 PM, DLurkster said:

Pretty sure, I didn't get see no mention prior to this post what's April fool's night looking for the both of you. Thus, why I asked.

@purple_beard you in for April Fool's night? We so far have me and Hyena and and Eli, Hyena is in for Krazy as that is wrestlemaina night. I will take break for once this Splatfest this weeks to play in this Team Smashdown, if not I will play in the Splatfest. And as for the Smashdown I really want to play that, might well move on to the next month and skip this special Team Smashdown. It's just to me wouldn't be  he same to play like any other Smashdown that month.

@purple_beard: I haven't heard anything from similar to Eli but he thought he got back to me and I am thinking this the same with you? As I, Initially said I didn't hear what some said what their availability is for April Fool's night? Could be that you don't have a definitive answer till close to the day, that is fine but at least let me know that.

I will give me time, if  we need another player and tho Eli said to postpone the next following week. As I said in the quote above I really want to to play this special Team Smashdown, it just wouldn't be the same to play any Smashdown this month. That's where I stand.

Let me know you status, PB as soon as you can for this Saturday.

Thank you.

10 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

@purple_beard: I haven't heard anything from similar to Eli but he thought he got back to me and I am thinking this the same with you? As I, Initially said I didn't hear what some said what their availability is for April Fool's night? Could be that you don't have a definitive answer till close to the day, that is fine but at least let me know that.

I will give me time, if  we need another player and tho Eli said to postpone the next following week. As I said in the quote above I really want to to play this special Team Smashdown, it just wouldn't be the same to play any Smashdown this month. That's where I stand.

Let me know you status, PB as soon as you can for this Saturday.

Thank you.

I have no reason I won't be on at this time.

So I was thinking about this for a while for the Team Smashdown items and it came to me; stopwatch!

I recall for a theme I think before the new year of this year, I was thinking what symbolize time and anew and the stopwatch came to mind. The stopwatch works here be tricky that some of the time it slows your opponents down but in rare cases it can slow the user down and all your opponents move at regular speed.

This think came to mind of think of something like Majora's Mask making your controls backwards or spear pillar with the legendary Pokemon who do that to you. This kind of time manipulation with stopwatch and when the user might slow down instead of your opponents, is a sort risk/reward. Especially with the items on high for the bumper and Franklin's Badge.

That said, tho I think all those items with stopwatch on high, I will test these parameters out and I just report here how it went, I don't think a vid is necessary to show how the results went.

On 3/26/2023 at 2:45 PM, DLurkster said:

That said, tho I think all those items with stopwatch on high, I will test these parameters out and I just report here how it went, I don't think a vid is necessary to show how the results went.

I tried this out and there wasn't anything outlandish that shouldn't be. I'll say this, the one match I played with teams was a different kind of fun, I have yet to experience in Smash, probably more without the percents. It looks weird not seeing it, just as the match is about the start but like 3 seconds, I'm so focused on the match I forget it is not there..

It goes to show where one mind goes in Smash, I know we probably still experience from time to time but we definitely experience the very first time playing Smash, 'where's my character on the stage?' I feel no matter how long you played Smash, there are things we pay attention more or less in the match like hazards, items, cooldowns, hitboxes, wind up, go to moves, time, and stock. Anyone can list what they monitor more than the other but this is what I am talking about, when I mentioned the percents were gone than a few seconds later, I'm just back in the fight, fighting.

This Saturday should be interest to see how the matches play out with this and these items in the mix at high. Like I said, it's a different kind of fun.

3 hours ago, purple_beard said:

With MLB opening weekend this week, do you want to put the bat and baseball in the items?

Even if this wasn't a Smasdown night, I want to stick to similar themes.

Bats and baseball don't have much to to do with the tomfoolery that is April Fool's.

We have the tricky items like Bumpers, Stopwatch and Franklin's Badge. Add in no percents and this really sets a tone of what not to expect to some degree like April Fool's to an extent.

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

I can't remember what we are doing tonight but a Mario Characters and stages for the opening weekend of his movie?

Nothing.

Last week when I unfortunately couldn't play at first and didn't feel like playing Smash cause my internet went out for a bit. (I mentioned this on the Smash Discord Chat) It just wouldn't be same to play a normal Smashdown today, we can skip it till next. It's not like this hasn't happened before so. I am okay with it.

As with the theme, normally I'd say another character theme....I'm cool with it but tho I think you'll play like 30 minutes to a hour. I want to play randoms again but I don't think it will be all night, I'll play whatever characters at another point. So you or anyone else can do Mario characters for however long but for me not this time.

8 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Nothing.

Last week when I unfortunately couldn't play at first and didn't feel like playing Smash cause my internet went out for a bit. (I mentioned this on the Smash Discord Chat) It just wouldn't be same to play a normal Smashdown today, we can skip it till next. It's not like this hasn't happened before so. I am okay with it.

As with the theme, normally I'd say another character theme....I'm cool with it but tho I think you'll play like 30 minutes to a hour. I want to play randoms again but I don't think it will be all night, I'll play whatever characters at another point. So you or anyone else can do Mario characters for however long but for me not this time.

With Mario, Dr. Mairo, Wario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Daisy, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Yoshi, DK, and Diddy...  I'd say that is more than enough for a full session.

I'd only suggest a 30m theme if it's like 1-2 characters... but we haven't had a situation like that in a while.

Edited by purple_beard

We're gonna need a 4th for the next Smashdown on May 6th since DL won't be here 

3 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Crud, it slipped me this time because....you know Zelda.

No, I'm gonna sit this Smashdown out not because it is Zelda theme but I usually go all in with Splatfests. Early this month would of been an exception with the special theme Team Smashdown. This is just your run of the mill Smashdown so it is decided. No Smashdown for me on May 6th. Find your alternate player now.

We still have a couple weeks beforehand but he wanted us to find an alternate player NOW!

So @TheBarkinHyena, would you be available? If anything comes up between now and then you can let us know. That also applies to the regulars @purple_beard & @Eliwood8.

In other news as per usual I will not be on this Saturday due to Cooldown time, but I will upload last week's session tomorrow to YouTube. That is all!