Smash Saturdays: 10p

Hmmm, I believe I said we should postpone the week after April 1st but I really wanna play this team smashdown with these items. @TheBarkinHyena are you available April Fool's Night?

And speaking of the team smashdown, it is set to have no percents presents an items will be Bumpers and Franklin's Badge on high frequency.

As mentioned, I want to test the special flag and Franklin's Badge on high frequency. Gonna test that out tomorrow, just gotta figure out a way to post the vid here. I remember once before I was able to post Smash replays straight here from my Micro SD card but when I tried to do that again, I wasn't able so I will figure out a way.

Just curious to see how bad or not bad the special flags will be, tho obviously it will be against CPU's and a CPU teammates, it's as close to replicate conditions of a human vs human match settings with these conditions.

@purple_beard: I don't have suggestions for the NCAA tourney but I agree that the 2nd idea is about as simple as it can get, if it is tested, fine tune and done right, whatever form that is. That's all I am gonna say on that.

I do think structuring a tournament around colors instead of players/characters is more fair since everyone will be able to keep playing. Again I don't know anything about the college basketball teams/colors so the choices would all be arbitrary to me though.

All that said, I don't think I'm playing this weekend; I've got to put some more time into Octopath Traveler II!

@purple_beard: Ah, hello? 

Tho, I gave support to one of the idea, don't take that I am on board to do this tourney. I was just simply trying to be helpful and that's it, no participation for when it comes to this tourney, no matter when it might happen. 

The last time this happened for me, was not a good experience and no matter how one tries to make it better. I am better off not involved. As I said, if you want to know more why I feel this way, PM me. I do not want to discuss my true feelings here.

6 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

@purple_beard: Ah, hello? 

Tho, I gave support to one of the idea, don't take that I am on board to do this tourney. I was just simply trying to be helpful and that's it, no participation for when it comes to this tourney, no matter when it might happen. 

The last time this happened for me, was not a good experience and no matter how one tries to make it better. I am better off not involved. As I said, if you want to know more why I feel this way, PM me. I do not want to discuss my true feelings here.

Then why the hell respond again on formats if you didn't want to play?  No need to be an ass.  I was offering changes because of how it ran the last time and wanted to modify how it would work.  I had read your reply, but then you commented about the formats so I had figured you had changed your tune.  

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

Then why the hell respond again on formats if you didn't want to play?  No need to be an ass.  I was offering changes because of how it ran the last time and wanted to modify how it would work.  I had read your reply, but then you commented about the formats so I had figured you had changed your tune.  

U assume I was on board.

Not gonna get into who said what, tho tone and intent is hard to read on the internet... if there was a change of mind, it would of been clearly mentioned.

So here's 4 matches of the 2 stocks, high frequency Franklin's Badge and Special Flag.

As I thought, I can't bring the files over from the SD card so I have to upload to YT.

This last vid, is redone match because I forgot to save that replay but this match turned out better because I lose. Tho the way that happened seemed forced but I really wanted to see how the match would go.

------------

Overall, I think the consensus is this one sided more than it is possible to comeback. Tho, I have to say I had fun, if it looked like fun but wasn't that chaotic tho.

@DLurkster It was probably better to not have the Special Flag. Wouldn't go as badly as it did in those matches but there's still a chance. It'd be less about fighting and more about getting the flags since wins have to do with the most stocks.

Also, did that one night traumatize you THAT MUCH? I can get in contact with a doctor I know. Dr. Norman Sayn, a Psychiatrist. :P

@TKrazyO: Yeah, I guess you guys didn't want to caution the chance that all we end up doing is chasing the flags. Fair. I just wanted to see for myself before to be as certain in how bad it could be with special flags on.

As I said, the team smashdown without you will be 3 stocks, no percentage show, with high frequency Franklin's Badge and Bumper.

Yeah, everyone experiences moments in their lives differently. (even when all was present for the same event) It just leave me a feeling of anger and betrayal that night only so almost anything brought up with that event just triggers everything from that night. So I rather not revisit unless something drastically changes or something I can relate and understand the tourney.

Sorry, not sorry.

Hyena, I'm not talking about this Saturday. Eli said he'll be playing Octopath Traveler II, It's Krazy cooldown this Saturday, I'm just not playing this Saturday.

As it stand from what I know for April Fool's night :You seem to be down and I.

There was no mention that I see in this thread that Eli and PB isn't a go for April fool's night.

I will ask to make sure, if they say maybe or no, yeah not much we can do but postpone this special Team Smashdown I want to play badly.

@purple_beard & @Eliwood8: You guys available to play April fool's night?

On 3/15/2023 at 9:05 PM, purple_beard said:

Surge, not getting to 4 people makes it pointless as far as theme goes.  

Well theme or no theme I'm not able to play. I close tonight and won't be home until after 10:30, then have to eat dinner and get to bed to start the day all over again tomorrow

On 3/16/2023 at 12:20 PM, DLurkster said:

@purple_beard & @Eliwood8: You guys available to play April fool's night?

Pretty sure, I didn't get see no mention prior to this post what's April fool's night looking for the both of you. Thus, why I asked.

You in @Eliwood8 and @purple_beard for April Fool's night? We so far have me and Hyena and Hyena is in for Krazy as that is wrestlemain night. I will take break for once this Splatfest this weeks to play in this Team Smashdown, if not I will play in the Splatfest. And as for the Smashdown I really want to play that, might well move on to the next month and skip this special Team Smashdown. It's just to me wouldn't be  he same to play like any other Smashdown that month.