Smash Saturdays: 10p

18 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Well, with that release, a Pokemon fighter theme for the night?

Knew you were gonna say once I mention a Pokemon release. It's been a while since you brought a theme and was sort of waiting to bring one up...eventually.

I'll think about it, you know my position on repeating a theme we may not of done not too long ago, even if it is for a brief period of the night.

14 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Knew you were gonna say once I mention a Pokemon release. It's been a while since you brought a theme and was sort of waiting to bring one up...eventually.

I'll think about it, you know my position on repeating a theme we may not of done not too long ago, even if it is for a brief period of the night.

I mean you could also turn on pokemon items....

And we usually do character themes when major applicable games come out.  Shorter windows are for smaller assortments of characters but Pokemon has quite a bit of fighters repped in Smash.

11 hours ago, purple_beard said:

I mean you could also turn on pokemon items....

And we usually do character themes when major applicable games come out.  Shorter windows are for smaller assortments of characters but Pokemon has quite a bit of fighters repped in Smash.

Okay, I'll put in Pokeballs items on low...for you to get more than one win a night...

I jest, jest, we know the reason why this is so yeah....

12 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Okay, I'll put in Pokeballs items on low...for you to get more than one win a night...

I jest, jest, we know the reason why this is so yeah....

No, you don't jest and I got 0, I'd be mad if I was paying more attention to playing than....

But I still find it BS I lost that bad to your mario versus my inceneroar.

10 hours ago, purple_beard said:

No, you don't jest and I got 0, I'd be mad if I was paying more attention to playing than....

But I still find it BS I lost that bad to your mario versus my inceneroar.

Before I get to jesting you, you mention another reason why you don't play well; not paying attention. That's another to add to the reason you don't play well.

Now, about the jesting. This is no Jedi mind trick or search my feelings to be true. I am being dead honest, you not playing well is a jest to me. I've told you before, I don't like it when you mince what I say, when I know what I am saying, stop it please. It is annoying. Just as it is annoying for me to bring up how you play in Smash, I make sure to jest about and not taking too far because it is what it is in how you play and how you perform for whatever reason.

At the end of day, believe what you want to believe. If I wanted and I will say this without misgiving in how you play Smash, you will hear it. But this time, it is a joke.

Sheesh!

3 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Before I get to jesting you, you mention another reason why you don't play well; not paying attention. That's another to add to the reason you don't play well.

Now, about the jesting. This is no Jedi mind trick or search my feelings to be true. I am being dead honest, you not playing well is a jest to me. I've told you before, I don't like it when you mince what I say, when I know what I am saying, stop it please. It is annoying. Just as it is annoying for me to bring up how you play in Smash, I make sure to jest about and not taking too far because it is what it is in how you play and how you perform for whatever reason.

At the end of day, believe what you want to believe. If I wanted and I will say this without misgiving in how you play Smash, you will hear it. But this time, it is a joke.

Sheesh!

Then why do you want to throw shade about throwing the items on to give me chance at a win?  Like you're doing me some great favor.

I have no delusions of grandeur about my abilities in Smash and I fo feel like I should be winning more than I do but considering  my situation during the week before I sit down to play at 10pm on Saturday I can't discount that as factor in performance personally. 

45 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

On another note, and I thought @TKrazyO brought it up here, but a Smash Saturday will line up with Christmas Eve this year.  I could be up for moving the night to Friday or Sunday for those that want to play.  The only thing I could see changing my idea on this is where and when my school has its bowl game.

Okay, let us know here if School game plans get in the way of Friday.

Good catch, PB and Krazy.

On the subject of holiday weekends, a week later from the 24 of course is New Years Eve. So like what was suggested for Christmas, might as well do the same and play the night prior on 12/30.

So if you need to check your schedule for that too, PB. Update here as soon as you know close to the 12/30 date as well.

22 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Okay, let us know here if School game plans get in the way of Friday.

Good catch, PB and Krazy.

On the subject of holiday weekends, a week later from the 24 of course is New Years Eve. So like what was suggested for Christmas, might as well do the same and play the night prior on 12/30.

So if you need to check your schedule for that too, PB. Update here as soon as you know close to the 12/30 date as well.

Well, two things, I am waiting on...  date for our bowl game and then the travel plans.  Probably get that info within the next week and half.  Depends on how the conference sets out bowl bids-since we aren't in the championship game wich is next saturday they could do it this week, but because of tie-ins they might wait till after that game is complete/

1 minute ago, purple_beard said:

Who is playing tonight?

I am!

Remember tonight is failure to launch meaning that characters will be harder to get off the stage. So play with heavy hitting characters, if you can.

Also, a head up from 2 months ago Krazy suggested to make failure to launch is going from 3 stock to 2 stock. Keep that in mind!

23 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

@purple_beard: How's tomorrow looking for Team Smashdown? I recall you said you weren't sure cause of shifts hrs or something?

@Eliwood8: I'm sure you are coming but still will ask that your coming for Team Smashdown for tomorrow?

Should ask earlier, if this is last minute to ask. Slipped my mind.

We had inventory moved so technically I am free.