Smash Saturdays: 10p

@TKrazyO: Without thinking the solution would be to extend the time of the match but that is not good for long session our nights are and you streaming. That said, I see no reason why 2 stock is not viable. 3 stocks as been a staple of Smash since Brawl and depending how the match time and players over the years with Smash and its iterations, those option changed or hardly. In this case with launch power down from 1% to 0.5 that makes a difference with how many stocks and the minutes in it.

So going forward Failure to launch will be 2 stocks, I feel this is more interesting in this format than a regular match of 2 stocks, it goes by so fast and if one is not careful your game is done but in Failure to launch that same feeling is there sort of but because of the launch rate being lowered your gonna be in the match longer so this works out. When I first test out this mode, I knew and I remember saying most matches will end in sudden deaths, I was okay with it but after a few Failure to launch is where you can see that some adjustments can be made.

Thanks Krazy, for the suggestion. As you know I said I have announcement I would like to share this Saturday, it relates to above and more with online nights. I'll share this before we start the Smashdown.

Smashdown Challeng of the month has concluded, here are the results!

Coming in 1st place with 11 points is @Eliwood8.

Coming 2nd place with 5 points is DLurkster.

In a tie for last place is @TKrazyO & @purple_beard.

Congrats to Eli for this month winner of the Smashdown challenge. As always, thank you for the stream, Krazy.

Next Smashdown is Saturday November 5th. (I'm like 80% sure I'll be there TBD)

GGGs.

7 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Smashdown Challeng of the month has concluded, here are the results!

Coming in 1st place with 11 points is @Eliwood8.

Coming 2nd place with 5 points is DLurkster.

In a tie for last place is @TKrazyO & @purple_beard.

Congrats to Eli for this month winner of the Smashdown challenge. As always, thank you for the stream, Krazy.

Next Smashdown is Saturday November 5th. (I'm like 80% sure I'll be there TBD)

GGGs.

3 wins with min min, terry, and Kazuya....3 wins with fighting game characters lol.

Also, used my splatoon 3 pro entire night.

Super disappointed in how my Palutena, Ganon,  bowser and a few others went out...mainly on ledge grabs not connecting.

22 minutes ago, Eliwood8 said:

Good games guys. I know the whole night lasted pretty much as long as it normally does but boy, some of those matches seemed to go super fast with how quickly we were knocking each other out.

I concur.

When we made to the 2nd last fight of the night. I was looking at the time and saw it was barely passed 12:30 am et and I was like, 'what have we every finished matches that quickly up to this point?!?'

@TKrazyO: Tonight was Failure to Launch and little less than an half and hour in I remember you suggested making this 2 stocks instead of 3. I did that after a match ended, I had 3 players in the last match and one more in the waiting area. One guy from the last match left so we were back to 3 players with the 2 stock step up, I was Byleth and was out of the match around 3 minutes in on the FE coliseum. The match ended with a winner with 2 minutes remaining. There was only 2 matches that collaborate to the same results before they left. Waited a bit, someone else came in, played 2 matches and left. Waited longer than the first time but before I get the notice that there was no activity in the area, I changed the stocks back to 3. Ironically when I was doing that someone came in the ring and just as I was about to start the match, they stepped away to spectate and then dipped. Waited longer than the first 2 time with the 3 stocks on and the arena time out 14 minutes from this post.

2 stocks work withe failure to Launch, what is inconclusive is if there's few ppl who see there's 2 stock for arena vs 3 stocks (might have to factor recent game releases on the platform to play on weekend. Multiplayer or not) but it appears not a lot like the 2 stock setup besides that last person when I change back from 2 stock to 3 stock. As you know when the arena creator changes the rules everybody in it can see the stock, item and if FS is on. It is similar how I believe random ppl search for specific rules and can see if the arena before they enter is 3 stock or 2 stock etc, etc.

We'll see if I can try this 2 stock again next month.