Smash Saturdays: 10p

@The Albraskan: No theme or drastic change for this Saturday. PB should know this but to me he has a habit of forgetting what we are doing one Saturday to another or updating on his availability. (It was the one time, I know but I remember it everytime going forward)

So Every first Saturday is Smashdown, (if you are not sure how it works any regular can explain it) pending if not four players is not available we postpone to the 2nd Saturday. Krazy doesn't not play on the 3rd Saturdays of the month. Which is today.

Last Saturdays of the month, there's no theme or drastic rule change except, that I make it so it is much harder to launch foes of the stage. It is recommended to use heavy hitting characters, as everything down to the 3 stocks and 7 minutes really come down to the wire as it takes that long to take off stock when launch damage is lowered like that. So that is the only real caveat with last Saturdays of the week.

So yeah, those the only thing to keep in mind when you come on Saturdays, the rest is whatever with 3 stocks an 7 minutes, maybe a theme if suggested with items and characters. Sometimes no theme with items and items are just thrown in, maybe FS meter or just a Smash ball. These suggestions are not exclusive to those Saturdays with no Smashdown or Failure to Launch, (that's what I call the last Saturday events) these suggestions of themes or whatnot can be brought in Smashdowns or Failure to launch.

That's pretty much it.

EDIT: Just a thought to @purple_beard but it would probably be a convenience to all regular, new or long time returning players in the OP to put down when the Smashdown and failure to launch occur, optional to explain what they are. And that's it. Anymore information is not necessary like stating availability, anyone can just state if they are coming or not like regular thru post here. Stating the availability in OP is optional optional.

Just thought. I don't mind answering questions for those who ask what we are doing any giving Saturday but to me would make it easy for ppl just to view that information from the OP.

Edited by DLurkster

Stuff moves too much for to update OP title everytime we do something.  It seems better just to make a post in thread close to the date about whatever...

Since it seems like the same folks play nearly every weekend...

But yeah, anyone is welcome to play/join, if we could lock in more regulars we could go friend room only instead of open room.....   some events requre the lockdown though, because of how an event might operate and public joining won't allow them to know what's going on.

35 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Stuff moves too much for to update OP title everytime we do something.  It seems better just to make a post in thread close to the date about whatever...

Since it seems like the same folks play nearly every weekend...

But yeah, anyone is welcome to play/join, if we could lock in more regulars we could go friend room only instead of open room.....   some events requre the lockdown though, because of how an event might operate and public joining won't allow them to know what's going on.

Okay, I would get that in comparisons to your Smash general discussion thread and the MK8DX DLC thread.

What I am talking about would most likely be a one time thing of the OP, not changing the title of this thread, it is not necessary and can be left alone. I'm talking about in the OP itself to state when we have Smashdowns (first Saturday of month) and failure to launch. (last Saturday of the month) Optional to put down the rules for those events. What I just put down about Smashdown first Saturday of the month and failure to launch last Saturday of month is all you would have to write any possible new folks or returning folks.

I also get that anyone who frequents here and will not be available for Smashdown, that has nothing to do with putting the OP, if you were confused by that. I said we just post here as normal as we do.

So is that clear now? Regardless what you do or don't do with the OP, all of the above is just a suggestion.

Well I realized I might not be able to make it to this Saturday night Smash, unless I play using WiFi. I was trying to move my internet set up to where I have my pc to see if plugging an ethernet cable into the pc would help with game download speeds, which it doesn’t for some reason? That’s a different problem though.

So I think I’ll skip out to prevent having even worse match connections for Smash. Sorry about that.

4 minutes ago, The Albraskan said:

Well I realized I might not be able to make it to this Saturday night Smash, unless I play using WiFi. I was trying to move my internet set up to where I have my pc to see if plugging an ethernet cable into the pc would help with game download speeds, which it doesn’t for some reason? That’s a different problem though.

So I think I’ll skip out to prevent having even worse match connections for Smash. Sorry about that.

That's okay, Al

And yes everybody know wired internet is just more reliable than wireless internet, in some truth it could be faster in some cases because of overall wired internet over wireless BUT it was tested by digital foundry that there's is no difference speed wise if you switch to wired internet. Nintendo servers just don't care if your wired or wireless for internet, your speed will not be better but more often than fact your connection will be solid with still a chance of lag.

So use whatever connection your discretion and convenience. We'll see ya, when we'll see ya.   

@DLurkster Great matches to you too, DL. Solid Heroes and Snakes throughout the night...I wanted to get more familiar with the overall roster in that session before finishing up with Bowser Jr. That player at the end who was Isabelle then went Hero made me think I should go in for an eye appointment. Those gyroids are usually tricky for me to see on top of having to keep track of myself and whatever is occurring in the selected stage. You had that one Snake too if it weren't for the Minecraft stage acting as his teammate. :P 

9 hours ago, Ithrak Utopia said:

@DLurkster Great matches to you too, DL. Solid Heroes and Snakes throughout the night...I wanted to get more familiar with the overall roster in that session before finishing up with Bowser Jr. That player at the end who was Isabelle then went Hero made me think I should go in for an eye appointment. Those gyroids are usually tricky for me to see on top of having to keep track of myself and whatever is occurring in the selected stage. You had that one Snake too if it weren't for the Minecraft stage acting as his teammate. :P 

Yeah, it's been a while as I said seeing a good Isabelle player. His Hero wasn't that bad either.

I've seen a lot of great Hero players so the one we played with last night was good, that and we never played with long enough for me to say he's better than good in books. That and despite the short time. It takes me at least 2 matches for me know with most characters we're dealing with someone who know how to play with this character as well.

Reminder!

I won't be playing Smash tomorrow night as the premiere Splatfest ends a few hour after Smash here, starting from noon tomorrow to midnight ET.

So I hope anyone that plays Smash tomorrow have fun playing and wish me luck for team paper tomorrow.;)

From what I can see in game by the doodles, team rock seems to got the majority vote, followed by a close 2nd with team scissors and I can't tell how far behind team paper is but again going by doodles, there's isn't alot for team paper in comparison to team rock and team scissors.

Always take a Giant Punch, Rest and FALCON PUNCH!!! into a crowd of opposing fighters and pray. Those are the RKO out of nowhere moments with a lot less success of actually happening. :P Great matches all around earlier...Didn't realize there was a Splatoon 3 theme taking place at first, and needed to learn Inklings moves on the fly. I thought 3 matches was appropriate to see through before moving on. Happy that I won as Min Min and was very surprised by DK, because I did pick him as a joke since @TKrazyO was dominating as King K. Rool. That Roll Out at the end was fully committed. I either would laugh if Jigglepuff nails someone off stage or laugh that Jigglepuff got launched...@TheBarkinHyena delivered and I should've known because I think there had been counter attempts in the match at Tortimer Island. That was a great time @purple_beard, @TheBarkinHyena and @TKrazyO